[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did magic divorce itself from science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: wizard.jpg (91 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
91 KB, 500x343
When did magic divorce itself from science?
>>
it didn't
but you're supposed to think it did
>>
>>7657790
Actually it was integrated into science when they discovered quantum mechanics ;)
>>
>>7657795
this, you wouldn't believe the kind of stuff DARPA gets into (remote viewing - not really magic but yeah)
>>
>>7657790
Magic isnt real
>>
science is magic for stupid people

Just like how people think atoms behave randomly through quantum magic instead of pre-determined actions :^)
>>
>>7657847
if atoms have pre-determined actions does that mean we have no free will and we are just observers of the greatest puppet show in the universe?
>>
>>7657848
Yes
>>
>>7657848
Don't you see, there is no puppet master. You are a disgusting abomination of moving flesh and electricity exactly where you appear to be: not above, but in the middle. Embrace your creepy origin, soulless automaton.
>>
>>7657790
After it caught science cheating with political funding.
>>
>what is string theory and other elegant arcane shit
>>
>>7657790
The enlightenment--when the scientific method was adopted.
>>
>>7657790
Are you telling me that science isn't magical?
>>
>>7657848
yes

not so much differences between us and computer in fact
if atoms are pre determinated, then we have no choice
>>
>>7657790
how do u define magic?
>>
>>7657790
how would you describe in words this aesthetic style? this is what I saw on DMT
>>
>>7657790
When Science started questing Magic existence.
>>
>>7657790
I think science broke up with magic desu not the other way around
>>
>>7657843
Science is really just magic but following the scientific method. You can't tell me when doing synthetic organic chemistry you're not brewing potions.
>>
>>7657790
About Isaac Newton, who arguably marks either the first of the great scientists or the last of the great magicians.
>>
>>7658191

That's because organic chemists are idiots.
>>
>>7657836
Its true. Science and magic had a serious dead bedroom going on for a while there but quantum mechanics has really reignited that old flame.

I can't wait to learn to cast quantum fireballs from my hands.
>>
Isn't magic just anything we can't explain? Once we can explain why and how that event occurred, it's mundane science
>>
>>7657855
>>7657857
>>7658104
atoms are not predetermined the uncertainty principle sees to that, secondly the halting problem prevents the universe from achieving a completely self knowing state in order to determine every state of the universe you would need to something bigger than the universe to do it in which is an impossibility because you would still be in the universe. Destiny is an illusion of highly likely outcomes
>>
magic is for people who are too dumb to understand natural phenomona
>>
>>7658667

....what if natural phenomena is for people too dumb to understand magic?
>>
As you know the 4th Albanian mage war was so destructive that the council of magic invented science so that ordinary mortals could stand up to them too.
>>
>>7658430
I'm sure you've finished your undergrad.
>>
>>7658464
uncertainty princible is not a scientific law anon. it's another way of saying its magic.
>>
File: prod_wedge-1960-2000.gif (8 KB, 257x216) Image search: [Google]
prod_wedge-1960-2000.gif
8 KB, 257x216
>>7657790
Magic was hard, like any other master craft skill. It took years of training as each person had to find their own magic. Science was formulaic and predictable, so any person could follow a simple method and get decent result.

Because people were lazy and greedy they often picked science. This led to automation which further disconnected work from productivity. Which in turn created even more economic motivation to pick science.

Now no one can afford to take the time to find their magic powers. And we are trapped with science, such a terrible fate. After all we know the best civilizations use magi-tech to get the best of both.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.