[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright sci prove you are smart. Your friend Aristo brought cards.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_1.png (8 KB, 593x229) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
8 KB, 593x229
Alright sci prove you are smart. Your friend Aristo brought cards. On each card there is a letter on one side and a number on the other side. He lays the 4 cards shown in the picture infront of you and says: If theres a vowel on one side there is an even number on the other side. How many cards do you need to flip in order to know if he is telling the truth?
>>
>>
Perhaps i should ask which ones and why
>>
>>7656954
"E" and "7"
"E" must be checked for an even number
"V" could have any number under these rules
"2" could have any letter under these rules
"7" must be checked for a non-vowel
All this assumes "On each card there is a letter on one side and a number on the other side" is know for certain, and isn't part of "is he telling the truth?"
>>
>>7656965
E
E to check an even number is on the other side

V, 2 and 7 are unimportant, since Aristo didn't say, vowels and even numbers are mutually exclusive.
In other words, he didn't state that a consonant can't have an even number on the other side. Only that a vowel will have an even number on the other side
>>
>>7656973

I stand corrected

E and 7
>>
>>7656973
You're overlooking the fact that under Aristo's rules, "7" must not have a vowel on the other side.
>>
>>7656979
>>7656977
oops, lag
>>
>>7656980
no problemo

>>7656979
Yup I overlooked that
>>
File: 1447421632855.png (2 KB, 593x229) Image search: [Google]
1447421632855.png
2 KB, 593x229
>>7656954
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
Um, just the vowel as he said, flip the E. So the answer is 1. Read what he said carefully. You don't have to be smart, just literate with that question.
>>
Joke's on you, I don't have friends.
>>
>>7657017
nope, you have to check the 7 as well, because if there's a vowel on the other side, then the rule is wrong
>>
So the main question here is: Are the backside and frontside differenciated or is it irrelevant? If theres no difference the 7 has to be checked as well since the rule would be false if there is a vowel. If they just have 1 frontside then you only have to flip the E. THis was a question in a test i took yesterday.
> I voted E and 7
> Will post the official solution later
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK