[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked am i in math and science courses in college, if my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
How fucked am i in math and science courses in college, if my handwriting is complete dogshit?

How much handwriting is really required in most courses? Im almost certain i have dysgraphia and non of my teachers can read my writing, some of them will automatically just give me an F on any portion of my tests that require writing.
>>
Print the numbers, cross your sevens and use capital letters for variables whenever possible.
>>
>>7656631
get disability accommodations
>>
File: 1446594566637.jpg (3 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1446594566637.jpg
3 KB, 125x114
>>7656631
>dysgraphia
Nigger what? Is that the new term for people that didn't learn how to fucking write in school? You are not sick, you just need to learn to fucking write. Jesus.
>>
>>7656631
>Neuro-Diversity
Stop it. If you can't do a thing that most people can, you are not "diverse", but "disabled".
>>
>>7656933
>you just need to learn to fucking write.
Ive tried "nigga", if i slow down and write my wrist starts to get really inflamed and i can only last for a few minutes, anything beyond that and my wrist will start having spasms and cause me to drop my pen or pencil. Regardless of the way i try to write, my letters and spacing look fucked and my wrist will start to give out.
>>7656946
I was afraid that this image wouldnt be enough to b8 someone, thanks for proving me wrong :^)
>>
>>7656631
Math and Science majors tend to have notoriously bad handwriting.I've had many of my professors tell me their brightest students missed problems simply because they couldn't understand their own writing and copied something down wrong.

If it's really impossible to read though you'll be able to get accommodations. Universities go out of there way to accommodate retards like you.
>>
>>7656631
I always wrote in cursive like I learned in school, by the time I got to university my handwriting was dogshit and was impacting my grades. Switched to writing in block letters, took me a month to get used to, haven't had any problems since.

That being said, as a CS major the exams were basically the only writing I ever did.
>>
My handwriting was pretty dogshit as a math grad. You just have to learn practices to make everything clear, even if it's ugly. Make your 4s different from 9s different from gs. Make your 7s different from 1s. And most of all make sure there is an appropriate amount of space in between everything. Cross things out, don't erase, if you need more room, use the back of the paper or ask your teacher for more spare paper, NEVER crowd things together just to fit them in.
>>
>>7657416
Man up faggot
>>
>>7656631
I learned typing before I learned writing therefor I mostly typed everything and really sucked at it till this date. Don't worry I still got my Ph.D
>>
>>7656646

This. I knew a guy who wasn't disgraphic, he was just plain retarded, and asked for and got extra time on all his tests. He had good grades.

Corollary: I hate when profs give retards high marks for "working hard" or "showing improvement." Whereas someone who is on top of the subject at the start is experiencing diminishing returns. This is why Einstein couldn't get recs and had to become a clerk.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK