[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is plant Neurobiology an actual science? http://timewheel.ne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: TW_BrocFractal01_1000.jpg (334 KB, 1000x523) Image search: [Google]
TW_BrocFractal01_1000.jpg
334 KB, 1000x523
Is plant Neurobiology an actual science?
http://timewheel.net/Video-In-The-Mind-Of-Plants-Documentary
>>
Soon it will be considered by many people, just as psychology.
>>
>>7656027
Eh, its complicated, neurobiology is definitely the wrong word as plants lack anything resembling nerves or brain matter, but its definitely interesting in its own way, its all hormones and chemical messengers and symbiosis with other organisms to a complexity level that is truely impressive. I know of a study that actually took a bacteria discovered in Alaska, which produced anti-biotics and herbicides, exposed it to plant extract, and observed that it ceased to produce herbicide.

In other words, some bacteria that has likely never even been near a potato in its evolutionary history reacts when exposed to them. Its truly impressive, especially from something thats supposed to literally be as dumb as dirt.
>>
Yeah it's just botany... but deeeeeep botany
>>
>>7656177
People actually study this?
>>
plants can be stimulated by magnetism.

that would be the application for it I think.
>>
>>7656027
You could make logic gates through genetic engineering. You could make transistors. You could get rid of all these ugly telephone wires and instead just use plants and trees to form a self load balancing, high fault tolerance, and self repairing power and communications grid.
>>
>>7656027
I read an interview with one of those guys in a dutch magazine I think, he admitted it's not neurology at all but still insists on calling it that, instead of something sensible like "plant behaviour" or smth.
>>
>>7656780
Every known biological system can be stimulated by magnetism.
>>
>>7656786

lol imagine that

wood pc would not be an insult anymore
>>
>>7656797
Fucking biological systems, how do they work?
>>
>>7656971
You have this thing called corpus cavernosum and then you
>>
>>7656445
well that one guy in the recent movie about that mars mission where he grew potatoes there was a botanist
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.