[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not your average biology question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: humansnake.jpg (280 KB, 1128x712) Image search: [Google]
humansnake.jpg
280 KB, 1128x712
I've got a question for all you biologists out there. So I had a little thought experiment about the combination of species, namely humans and snakes.

So here's the question.
This supposed combination species of human and snake, in your opinion would it give birth, or lay eggs?
>>
>>>/d/
>>
The lamia from FFXI were magical experiments and did not in fact have the ability to reproduce.

Neither
>>
>>7654325
I think it will be giving birth, why? idk I can say anything, maybe because, if that happen, the "living thing" will be big, and is often seen that great species don't lay eggs
>>
>>7654325
well both species has its own dominant trait of reproduction. (humans being birth and snakes being laying eggs) so the hybrid would most likely take after the species that it is most like. So if the snake genes are dominant in the hybrid, making it look more snakelike than human, than it would probably lay eggs. Same thing if it was more human than snake. You also have to remember that giving birth requires a much larger area of the body for growth of the fetus. If your hybrid is small, it would most likely lay eggs and if is large it would have a better chance to give birth like a human.
>>
>>7654325
Bro this will never happen, not without significant genetic modification which will most likely (99.999% of the time) result in the death of the modified creature.

Humans are mammals, snakes are reptiles. We're just too different. It'd be highly unethical to conduct any of the experiments necessary to even start doing research on this area of science. It will most certainly never happen, not within our lifetimes. It's kind of stupid to seriously consider.
>>
>>7654325
Well if tigers and lions can't have babies what makes you think snakes and humans can? Also >>7654328
>>
>>7654407
>he hasn't heard of transgenic organisms
>>
Also worth noting that if the human/snake hybrid gave birth it would also need breasts to feed its young.
One thing that always bothered me about WoW was that female Naga (a species that lays eggs) have breasts.
>>
>>7654411
>trans
>>>/t/umblr
also your transgenic organism still can't lay eggs
>>
Senpai, you can't mix different gametes unless you're working with retarded plants. Animal genes are too complicated
>>
would give birth if human mother
would lay eggs if snake mother
however this is without any scientific basis
birth if a hybrid is assumed since would acquire the benefits from the parentals
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.