[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can science explain why cats are cute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: c.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
can science explain why cats are cute
>>
>>7648092
Big eyes remind you of babies.
>>
>>7648092
big eyes, small mouth and nose, curious, playful nature
those are neotenous traits, our brains are programmed to find those cute because children have them and we are supposed to care for the children
>>
>>7648156
this

there's a decent body of evidence that rather than being selectively bred by humans, some cats evolved neotenous features because it made them better-tolerated by humans and thus gave them the advantage of having access to human homes and granaries (basically mice R us, no large predators, knock yourself out).
>>
>>7648092
I've been wondering about this when it comes to women with animal ears, or tails. Whether "3d" or not, why is it appealing?

I can identify a number of angles and various basis' it could stem from, but none seem quite right.
>>
>>7648168
animalistic, dehumanized, probably makes it easier to sexualise if you don't have to worry about it being a person
>>
>>7648323
hi tumblr
>>
>>7648323
yeah, nah, thats high-grade bullshit.
Anyway, a hint as to why might be that there are alot of cases where they're not really especially sexually arousing, at least not specfifically. Just generally cute, adorable. So its probably whatever it is that makes people sometimes find things especially sexy when they are, without being sexualized, just cute.
>>
>>7648323
I would agree it's animalistic and by extension seems more "pure" in some way, but I wouldn't say it's a reduction of something's humanity. It more augments it. I think maybe that's part of the appeal, what you're seeing has all the things that make something hot, but it's different.

I suppose it's a typical human tendency to seek out new things. This is just an extension of that.
>>
>>7648102

>Big eyes remind you of babies.

I hate human babies, but I adore cats, they are so cuuutie :3
>>
Brain parassites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.