[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until we have a fully wireless world where everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: cables.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cables.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
How long until we have a fully wireless world where everything works the same as or better then what they would with cables?
>>
>>7646955
when we can program something that cannot be jammed signal wise....

>.>

Barring signal jammers.

A world where they cannot break our encryption....that is all that is stopping us from being wireless gods....
>>
the moment society chooses tesla over edison
>>
>>7646967

> he fell for the Tesla meme
>>
File: 1439170786535.png (151 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439170786535.png
151 KB, 900x900
when we stop funding war (and niggers)
and start funding science
>>
>>7646955
transmitting power wirelessly have the inconvenient that the energy would have to traverse people, and people are susceptible to getting cooked by intense EM radiation
also, theres the inverse square decay of intensity and other problems

transmitting power is not like wifi
>>
>>7646955
Sometime after your average person knows the difference between "Then" and "than"
>>
Are there any good online guides on cable management? My cables aren't as bad as in OP's photo but I'd like something nice and tidy.

>>7646967
Faraday entraps Tesla
>>
>>7646955
Never, wires have a huge number of advantages.
This wireless stuff is making me sick.
>>
>>7648808

Have you got the black shakes?
>>
>>7646964
What about power transmission?
It will never happen; it is just too lossy. The future of cables lies in room temperature superconductors. Stanene is a topological insulator that is predicted to be superconducting at its edges, and its T_c is thought to be above room temp, and up to 100 C with some fluorine stuck on there.
>>
Going truly wireless is what the internet of things is going do. That and Phontonics. Remember that weird thing HP revealed? It has no wiring. But going wireless presents a lot of problem in of itself.
>>
>>7648818
I don't know, more of just tired of people talking about how great wireless is when it fails to do most of what they claim.

The next person that tells me wireless uses less energy then a wire setup I am going to punch.
>>
>>7648110
Money isn't gonna suddenly solve the problem of wireless power transmission.

Its quite possible there simply is no way to do it efficiently. All the money in the world can't change the laws of nature.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.