[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at Math?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1431120333793.jpg (170 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1431120333793.jpg
170 KB, 750x1334
I'm willing to spend whatever time it takes, and start right from the basics - the story is I've failed Math at a high school level twice, and I'm coming back to another local highschool to redo Math specifically

The thing is, I can never get interested in it in class because my base knowledge is so lacking, so most of the things they teach aren't intuitive to me

Pls help me succeed like Asian students /sci/
>>
>>7646330

At this point I just need to get perfect algebra, trigonometry and coordinate geometry at high school level and maybe a bit more advanced

Any ideas where I can start?
>>
If your basics are lacking study your basics.
>>
>>7646339

What I'm saying is, it'd be nice if you could recommend a textbook that covers these basics in a grounds up way, or something along those lines.

I don't know much about Math, but what I do know is that the textbooks we're provided with are not optimal for learning Mathematics.
>>
>>7646330
Honestly, I would recommend Khan Academy. They offer to teach the basics in a very simplistic, structured way with plenty of example problems, video lectures, and solved problems to learn from. You can start from babby level and make your way to sophomore college level and slightly higher.

There is also a forum board to ask specific questions if any of the resources do not provide answers.
>>
khanacademy

/thread
>>
>>7646387
> Khan Academy
>Idiot tutor
> I've failed Math at a high school level twice

Yup Khan academy for sure Op.
>>
>>7646330
Try taking a logic class if you can too. Logic really helps with algebra and understanding how math works.
>>
>>7646342
>>
File: 9780273730767[1].jpg (70 KB, 495x648) Image search: [Google]
9780273730767[1].jpg
70 KB, 495x648
This book is good if you really need to go back to the very beginning.
>>
>>7646330
Who is this boner condoner
>>
>>7646686

got a download? would be much appreciated
>>
>I've failed math at a high school level twice

:^(

Did your mom smoke crack when she was pregnant with you?
>>
>>7646952

bampu 4 download
>>
Math is some creative shit that isn't intuitive if you arent 140+ iq
>>
>>7646342
khan academy
>>
>>7646963
>>7646392
This is how you spot autism.
>>
>>7646330
I got a few pdf pages explaining basic maths
It's all in dutch though
>>
>basic math
I've met a lot of PhD in maths who can't do basic math. The thing you want to master is the logic and thinking behind it.
>>
>>7646387
use gelfand's books for algebra and analytic geometry
dont forget to pick up exercise books, because gelfand's question are designed to test insight only
>>
>>7648738
deel ze maar
>>
>>7646330
Breasts.
>>
>>7646330

I'm going to spare you the trouble and just say it now that you will never get good in Math.
>>
git: 'gud' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

Did you mean this?
add
>>
>>7648742
>I've met a lot of PhD in maths who can't do basic math

'no'
>>
>>7648678
After basic linear algebra essentials this is pretty much true
>>
>>7646922
Who is this spermin' vermin?
>>
File: k669.gif (20 KB, 300x453) Image search: [Google]
k669.gif
20 KB, 300x453
Study this book, it's a classic of mathematical problem solving.
>>
>>7648803
underrated post
>>
>>7646330
who is this quasi-smooth manifold ? I'd totally blow up her singularity.
>>
>>7648776
aight anon
sry I didn't see your reply earlier, I'm uploading it
>>
>>7650399
filedropper com/h1theoretischehandleidingtb2011
>>
>>7646337
Play Store, download Algebra.
>>
>>7646330
Her spheres look so good.....

I wonder if she would let me extrapolate her equation...
>>
>>7646330
NZT.
>>
>>7646414
Underrated

Seriously, any textbooks you'll find will have a lot of stuff you would only need to know if you were going into something math intensive or related to math. If you need to pass a simple algebra 101 test, the Dummies series puts it all very concisely and simply.
>>
>>7650408
Though I will have to admit, gaining the utmost value from these will involve paper. Working out how to solve a problem until being able to explain it succinctly to others is your best bet. Instead of simply absorbing, regurgitating the information, absorbing, regurgitating the information, it's best to sit down and fully absorb the logic. Arrows, for me especially, help to understand the fluidity involved in mathematical processes.
>>
>>7650433
Also, my best advice... see things as they are. Stop overcomplicating it, and interpret it in mathematical language.
>>
> failing hi school math

Hhahahhahahahahahahahagahaag don't even bother studying anything math related. Lmao @ your life!!!
>>
>>7648738
Lol no NO I have a book vwo wisk B over there that sucked ass was written by some guy from uva. The problem is that the book provides no additional explanations so you need to find videos and explanations online.

If you need hi school math go to adult education if you sign up before 2016 you can do the state exam and follow adult efucation. Or just follow a math summercourse at uva or somewhere else

Like I said in my previous post don't study math if you sucked at it.
>>
>>7650589
my pdf is from a literal engineering bible anon
it's pree fucking good
see >>7650402
>>
>>7650402
thanks!
>>
>>7650465
This SO MUCH.
>>
>>7650465
OP, listen to this guy.
>>
>>7650579

>insecure faggots abound
>>
>>7646330
I can give you gut knowledge via my enormous penis
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.