[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any cure for tinnitus incoming? i cant sleep at this point.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1443024054283.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443024054283.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
any cure for tinnitus incoming?

i cant sleep at this point.
>>
listen to loud music breh
>>
>>7640005
It's all in your head anon, just man up and stop listening to it.
>>
set a radio to play whitenoise. it will mask the ringing.
>>
>>7640143
or just listen to merzbow
>>
Try the following method to reduce the noises in your ears from tinnitus,
suggested by Dr. Jan Strydom of A2ZofHealthBeautyandFitness.org . Hold the palms
of your hands over your ears with your fingers resting gently on the back of
your head. Have your middle fingers pointing toward each other and just above
the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers
and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull. You should hear a loud,
drumming noise. Repeat this 40-50 times. Some people get immediate relief from
tinnitus with this method. If your condition is chronic, use this method
several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce the noises you hear from
tinnitus. See the Resources section for a link to a video demonstrating the
technique.
>>
literally no treatment

enjoy your lifelong ringing
>>
>>7640159
surprised to say this shit actually kind of works.
i wonder why

thanks senpai
>>
>>7642043
it would be so typical of this place to give me brain damage from doing this tho.
>>
One approach not apparent here which worked rather well for me. However you must get a small amount technical/electronic: the goal being to generate an audio tone which you can control the pitch. Perhaps some sort of cheap 'synthesizer' would work. Then adjust the pitch until your tinnitus is matched as well as possible. Listen to this external source for a while and your 'brain audio filters' will soon block out both tones; at least for some while.
>>
>>7640005
fix your brain
>>
>>7642071
http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/

like this?

i feel like i'm just gonna fuck it up even more.
>>
Listen to quiet music while you sleep. If you want you can set a timer to make it stop after x minutes once you fell asleep.
>>
>>7640005
I vaguely remember hearing something about exposing someone to a sound similar to that of their tinnitus to teach the brain to treat it like background noise or something similar to that. So maybe?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.