[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linear Algebra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 4spaces.jpg (41 KB, 782x487) Image search: [Google]
4spaces.jpg
41 KB, 782x487
Hey /sci/,

I am getting rekt in linear algebra right now. Give me all of your resources and tell me what I should do.
>>
>>7639885
Buy Quantum Mechanics by Cohen-Tannoudji.
Work through it until you understand it.
You are now a linear algebra master.
>>
>>7639885
But seriously, I don't know what to tell you besides work through problems, watch lectures online, etc. There are plenty of youtube lectures and sometimes a second perspective is what helps someone learn. Linear algebra is immensely useful and applicable, so it's worth learning well if you plan to continue in STEM.
>>
>>7639885
Holy shit, how?
eigenvalues?
You are fucked if you are struggling with simple matrices and row reduction
You should practice, look at cheat sheets/notes with examples
>>
You do know that TI-84s and 89s can solve matrices and linear variable problems.
>>
What's col A?
>>
>>7639885
You don't take the kernel of a matrix. wtf
>>
>>7640109
It's the span of the matrix
>>
>>7640109
>>7640983

I think the notation is for the column space, right?
>>
Try khankademy
the math and concepts are super easy until eigenvalues. Thats where calc skills will come handy.
>>
>>7639885
Proofs till you understand it. That's the /sci/ way.
>>
>>7640120
Lol you do not understand matrices the . Matrices act as F linear maps and so it is natural to ask what is the kernel or nullspace of a matix is.
>>
>>7641206
[math]x \mapsto Ax[/math] is a map.

A is not.

You take the kernel of a map and the null space of a matrix. Terms are not interchangeable even if similar.
>>
People give KA a hard time, but I agree wholeheartedly with >>7641111 (nice quads btw) I would definitely recommend it to undergrad babbies.
>>
>>7641214
Nobody cares if you passed linear algebra last semester and you now have a godlike understanding of math and the universe. A matrix is a map and has a kernel which is the same as its null-space.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.