[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to learn about the dynamics of reflections on fluid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 599684.png (926 KB, 865x634) Image search: [Google]
599684.png
926 KB, 865x634
I'd like to learn about the dynamics of reflections on fluid surfaces near the interface where the surface is most curved.
What topics in physics/mathematics should I learn for a better understanding of this?
>>
File: 567783457.png (322 KB, 663x309) Image search: [Google]
567783457.png
322 KB, 663x309
>>7589616
>>
There is no branch that studies something like that. The closest one should be optics
>>
>>7589624
>there is no branch that studies something like that

i'd be willing to bet that not only is this wrong but that there are in fact multiple branches that heavily specialize in this particular subject
>>
>>7590452
Really?
>>
>>7589616
Painting ;^)
>>
>>7589616
But anon, those are just reflections.

You may be looking for
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern
>>
>>7590452
Nope, nothing really that special about this, why the interest?
>>
File: img7_7.jpg (9 KB, 316x169) Image search: [Google]
img7_7.jpg
9 KB, 316x169
>>7589616
>>
>>7589616

An intro to optics/photonics class would give you all the information you need.
>>
>>7589616
Fluid mechanics and optics.

FM for fluid behavior and surface tension stuff. Optics for reflections by the fluid altered by the environment.

You might need to use finite elements method sort of thing to analyse the fluid in steady-state. Easy if you are familiar with Matlab etc.

Cool topic but i can't think of areas of use tbh.
>>
>>7590875
That's not a Moire pattern.
>>
>>7589616
What is it when the reflection resembles a Moire pattern and how is it related to the formation of a Moire pattern, if at all?
>>
Adaptive Optics, OP. There is a lab at my university dedicated to studying it.

Calculus (through multivariable for the surface formaization)
Optics
electricity and magnetism for the light
linear algebra to help with the vector calc

that should be all you need. maybe some other minor things i haven't mentioned
>>
>>7590893
>i know nothing about telescopes and corrective lensing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.