[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
popsci
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gonnamakeitbrahs.jpg (80 KB, 610x871) Image search: [Google]
gonnamakeitbrahs.jpg
80 KB, 610x871
When some anon post a thread about inter-dimensional travel, wormholes and invisibility. /Sci/ responds “Oh that's popsci; That well never happen within our lifetimes.” What's the point of being a engineer, physicist, etc if all you are Negative, pessimist? I starting to think all you you are in it for the Money and not for science.
>>
> “Oh that's popsci; That well never happen within our lifetimes.”
It's popsci because there is no basis or anything constructive about their mechanics that are discussed in the threads. Someone watches some stupid movie and thinks they are ready to get into a scientific discussion that are supported by facts and logic rather than fantasies and autism.
>>
>>7588950
>facts and logic
I might sound autistic then; aren't almost all current scientific theories technically ideas? Theories aren't set in stone; can't theories be disproven? There is no evidence to prove the existence of Worm-holes nor is their evidence to prove they do exist. But to toss out an unproven concept instead of debating it. Is just not in the best interest of science.
>>
>>7588990
There is no evidence to prove the existence of fairies nor is there any evidence to disprove them, that doesn't make them a topic to be discussed on /sci/
>>
>>7588990
There is no evidence to prove the existence of fairies nor is there any evidence to disprove them, that doesn't make them a topic to be discussed on /sci/

Second, what anon is trying to say is that people discussing these things tend to focus more on what could be done if we had such things rather than how to achieve them. That's not science, that's masturbation
>>
>>7588935
>negative or pessimist

lmao, you actually think you're contributing to those things you mention by shitposting about them without any actual knowledge of physics?

fuck off
>>
>>7589020
>>7589016
OP here; what the hell do you guys think I am some strange underage fetishist? What I'm trying to say is why don't we talk about stuff like worm-holes to provide more insight into them what good uses can come at of them if they did exist. Like what they did with lasers
>>
>>7589039
discuss science then and stop being a immature hardass.
>>
>>7588935
Science is dogmatic, no better than religion these days. Can't question anything written in the book.
>>
And once again, /sci/ proves that the quality of a given thread is negatively correlated to the frequency of the word autism
>>
>>7590847

...said a non-scientist.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.