[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enzymes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: enzyme.jpg (9 KB, 323x156) Image search: [Google]
enzyme.jpg
9 KB, 323x156
I heard on some shitty tumblr post that there is an enzyme that accelerates the rate on an chemical reaction from (something like) 10000 yrs to 0.01 seconds. Anyone know anything about this?
>>
OMP decarboxylase you dumb faggot

>To put this in perspective, a reaction that would take 78 million years in the absence of enzyme takes 18 milliseconds when it is enzyme catalyzed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orotidine_5%27-phosphate_decarboxylase
>>
>>7587314
>To put this in perspective, a reaction that would take 78 million years in the absence of enzyme takes 18 milliseconds when it is enzyme catalyzed.

God truly is great.
>>
>>7587314
This is was Op asked for

>>7587322
"oga boga, me not understand, must be magical man in sky"
nice bait
>>
File: 1430099456215.jpg (93 KB, 829x589) Image search: [Google]
1430099456215.jpg
93 KB, 829x589
>>7587334
>>
>>7587357
Now this guy is an EPIC meme-slinger
>>
>>7587322

allahu akbar
>>
>>7587362
And you're just an asshole
>>
File: b8rix.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
b8rix.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>7587322
>>
>>7587357

take your autistic memes to back to pol, fucking dunce
>>
>>7587357
Why is being a jerk to people on 4chan okay EXCEPT when it comes to religion?
>YOU WERE A JERK/ARROGANT *TIP TIP TIP*
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x333
>>7587322
>>
>>7587590
While I think the memester is an asshole, the guy who mentioned god is just kind of bringing up an irrelevant point, just for the purpose of being inflammatory. B8 as fuck
>>
>>7587590

Because religion is a sacred institution you filthy uncultured heathen
>>
>>7587322
Allahu Akbar indeed my ummah
>>
>>7587298
reaction rates do not have units of time. Simple reaction rates have units of molecules per time. The idea is not incorrect, as many reactions which are catalyzed by enzymes, while entropically favored, occur so slowly in the absence of the enzyme that they essentially do not happen. ie. it would take thousands of years to produce the same amount of product A from reactant B without the enzyme that the enzyme can produce in fractions of a second. Really all this means is that the reaction doesn't happen (on a biological timescale) without the enzyme, and with the enzyme it happens very fast.
>>
>>7588027
>reaction rates do not have units of time
>rate

all reaction rates have units of time you doosh. they also need to include some unit convertable to mass, such as moles or molecules or what not. its all per unit time tho.
>>
>>7587322
allahu akbar
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.