[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Study confirms 'Alpha fucks, Beta bucks'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Varg-Vikernes-Gun.jpg (108 KB, 620x992) Image search: [Google]
Varg-Vikernes-Gun.jpg
108 KB, 620x992
>Pair-bonded women who were near ovulation reported greater extra-pair flirtation and greater mate guarding by their primary partner. As predicted, however, these effects were exhibited primarily by women who perceived their partners to be low on hypothesized good genes indicators (low in sexual attractiveness relative to investment attractiveness).

>These findings demonstrate ovulationcontingent shifts in desires and behaviors that are sensitive to varying fitness payoffs, and they provide support for the good genes hypothesis of human female extra-pair mating.

tl;dr, when women in relationships with beta males ovulate, they find their beta partners less attractive and notice and seek attention from alpha males more, and then go back to wanting attention from their beta partners when they are no longer horny.

Also, beta males in relationships are more jealous and guarding of their female partner in the ovulation phase, whereas alpha males report less jealous feelings in their female partners.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/08/02/haselton-gangestad/
>>
>>7984182
hi gamma
>>
>>7984182
>tl;dr, when women in relationships with beta males ovulate, they find their beta partners less attractive and notice and seek attention from alpha males more

> greater extra-pair flirtation and greater mate guarding by their primary partner
> by their primary partner
>women
>reported
>greater
>by their partner

Work on reading comprehension
>>
>>7984192
The women flirted outside of the relationship more and the men guarded them more so this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>7984197
No, the women were more likely to report flirtation and defensiveness in their partner. Learn to read.
>>
>>7984199
It would have specified the men after flirtation if that were the case.
>>
File: 1457829130773.jpg (22 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1457829130773.jpg
22 KB, 331x334
>unironically using terms like "beta" and "alpha"
>>
>>7984203
Its the truth, beta. Now go help your gf pick out a bra for girls night out.
>>
Hold up guise, I'm reading it like
>>Pair-bonded women who were near ovulation reported (greater extra-pair flirtation) and (greater mate guarding by their primary partner).
but it seems others are reading it like

>>Pair-bonded women who were near ovulation reported (greater extra-pair flirtation and greater mate guarding) by their primary partner.

I didn't check out the link but it looks dubious as fuck. I think the only real takeaway here is that English is a shit tier language.
>>
>>7984201
It wouldn't have specified the men at all if it wasn't.

> Pair-bonded women who were near ovulation reported greater extra-pair flirtation and greater mate guarding by their primary partner.

Let's break it down
>Pair-bonded
>women
>who were near ovulation
>reported greater
>extra-pair flirtation
>and greater
>mate guarding
>by their
>primary partner

>(Pair-bonded) women (who were near ovulation) reported [greater (extra-pair flirtation) and (mate guarding)] by their primary partner
>>
>>7984211
Read the rest of the study and you'll see it's >>7984208

Its an ambiguous sentence.
>>
>>7984206
so alpha
>>
>>7984203
Face reality little libcuck
>>
you mislicked /sci/, r9k is to the right if you are navigating from the home page.
>>
This is proof this fucking board isn't worth the bandwidth. The mods let these faggots from r9k post their cuck shit on here
>>
>>7984206
>>7984310
>maybe if I talk shit to everyone people will think I'm an alpha
you know, back in junior high, we all knew who the tough kids were. the tough kids didn't go around talking shit; the only kids who did that were the really insecure ones who wanted people to think they were tough.
>>
>>7984192
Youre stupid
>>
>>7984808
Wwww ldd
>>
>>7984182
How is this important for science?
>>
File: 1442909028955.jpg (106 KB, 1400x721) Image search: [Google]
1442909028955.jpg
106 KB, 1400x721
>>7984182
>>
>>7984208
((Exclusive) publishing) in lojban should (be mandatory)
>>
evolutionary role of a woman is a prostitute.
simple as that.
>>
>>7984816
Being an ugly girl isn't easy mode, it's like turning off all the graphical mods so that the game lacks features and you can't do anything
>>
File: 1454186484644.png (131 KB, 305x247) Image search: [Google]
1454186484644.png
131 KB, 305x247
The "beta" is still the one who they actually reproduce with, however.
Biology is a bitch, but it's a tamed bitch. Guys still oggle a girl who's got a nice set, when they're married. Doesn't mean they fuck her, or even try to fuck her.

Also, please don't post Varg like he's a fucking "alpha." Holy fucking shit, what a goddamn hippy.
>>
>>7984816
meh, more like
male shy + ugly < male shy + average < female ugly < male confident + ugly < male shy + pretty < male confident + average < male confident + pretty < woman average < woman pretty
>>
>>7984182
sorry OP, pseudo science and delusions of grandeur is reserved for
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7986292
I think you misinterpreted the study. When women want to fuck, they are attracted to alphas. When they want to be provided for, they are attracted to betas.
>>
>>7986312
>comparing male confident like they are a noticeable percentage of the population
Kek
They don't even compete.

Every shyfag never get laid unless he is handsome and some low self-steem friend of his, "attacks" him.

The "confident" you mentioned are just normalfags with the usual fears and complexes.

The real confident men are very rare. My skydiving trainer was successful was a pickup artist. He was a 7/10 in appearance but women tended to get engaged everytime he spoke.

He didn't learn robotized phrases, but just the "alpha" behavior.(not normalfag behavior)
>>
>>7984182
>low on hypothesized good genes indicators (low in sexual attractiveness relative to investment attractiveness)
So short, poor immune system, etc? This only proves that women subconsciously want stronger offspring with better genes while their reproduction system is at its ripest. What is this bullshit about alphas and betas, OP?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.