[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do all retards look the same?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: download (1).jpg (4 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4 KB, 318x159
Why do all retards look the same?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1tlrud/why_do_people_with_downs_syndrome_look_very_much/ce9bv5c
>>
>>7978657
I like how we word it straight to the point,
but Reddit has to say "look very much alike"
>>
>>7978657

I used to work in a factory, and eventually the janitorial work was outsourced to a local charity which employs tards. Basically every day a minder would show up and mind about 6 tards (there seemed to be a group of about a dozen who would rotate in and out) while they emptied garbage and did other cleaning tasks. OTTOMH I don't recall any "classical" Down faces in the bunch. But one guy sorta stuck out, he was by far the lowest functioning of the bunch. One of the (mentally) lowest functioning adult humans I've interacted with, actually. 20s, young man, a bunch of acne, not the scrunched face of a Down patient, but a sort of gawky/awkward large head, ironically. More of a baby-bird physique. He'd drawl out words as he'd slowly lift a light trash out of its thing, stare in the middle distance for five minutes, then be told to do the next one and then he could pretty much do it. The others could actually do a routine and complete a job but him not so much. I would honestly estimate his IQ in the 20-40 range. Fortunately he was pretty docile and agreeable, otherwise they wouldn't be "using" him.

He watched cartoons and reality TV at home I guess, once he was rambling to a very cute minder about someone "IM-PREGH-NATING" someone else on the Kardashians or whatever, complete sentences by his standards, repeating "PREGH-NANT, SHE'S PREG-NANT NOW." that was pretty awesome.
>>
>>7978779
Yeah this really pissed me off. They fucking have that same look.
>>
>>7978818
Tard fetish detected
>>
>be bored
>hmmm lets take a look on the other boards I don't come to
>let's try /sci/!
>top thread
>Why do all retards look the same?
>>
>>7978896
Why the fuck are you complaining? The rest of the first page is pretty much legit science or math.

Honestly, there are worse days where race and gender inferiority threads dominate the first page. Be thankful that you were exposed to the good part of /sci/.
>>
There's a difference between not using the "politically" correct terminology and just being edgy dicks. You guys seem like miserable people, it must be insufferable being you, or related to you, or even have to interact with you. Whats pathetic is that people care more about and prefer the company of these people than you
>>
>>7978904
did someone link you to this thread from reddit?
>>
>>7978904
"People" who quote "words" in their sentences for effect should be burned at the "stake".
>>
>>7978904
>Whats pathetic is that people care more about and prefer the company of these people than you

No they don't, they just pretend they do so they feel better about themselves. In reality, they pity them. Saying things as they are does not equal edgy. Go to a terrorism thread in /pol/ if you want to see real edginess.

Stop acting so superior.
Also this >>7978959
>>
>>7978896
Kid, there's no upvoting system on 4chan. The top thread merely has the latest reply. It may have been at page 10 until someone bumped it back up to the top. In the >>>/sci/catalog you can sort the threads by bump order, last reply, creation date, or reply count. I suppose if you wanted to, you could incorrect say the "reply count" option is your upvoting system and go with that. "Stupid Questions Thread" is currently the one with the most "upvotes", followed by the "Parasite Q&A" thread. If you don't like this system of forum I suggest you return to whatever "upvoting" based forum you are used to perusing. kid.

>>7978980
When ever I use a, "qoute," in text on, "4chan," I make sure to physically use, "air quotes", "irl".
>>
>>7978779
>>7978821
Okay this is just unnecessary anti-reddit shitposting. I am not trying to defend reddit, but you cannot post on a science board and say that people with down syndrome don't just look similar, they look "the same." To say that they look "the same," would be to say that they all share more similarities than two identical twins.

Now I personally don't care about OP's post saying they all look the same, that's a perfectly acceptable level of exaggeration and we all know what he meant. But to say that OP had a more correctly worded question than the reddit post is simply inaccurate, and if that post were fuond on any other forum/blog you guys wouldn't even have bothered saying anything about it.

Pro-reddit and anti-reddit shitposting are equally as bad.
>>
>>7978818
He's running for president now.
>>
>>7978657
And why do they all like Doctor Who?
>>
>>7979183
Jeb jumped out, slowpoke
>>
Fun fact potato syndrome was first called Mongolism. Cuz they all look like mongs.

Makes me wonder if Asians have repeats in some of of there chromosome 21 genes.

Fun fact #2, some potatoes have incomplete trisomy, in such cases they can have a traditional potato appearance but have normal intelligence or they can look normal but have potato intelligence.

Are you down with the syndrome? Come on get down with the syndrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSc5ImaWKM
>>
>>7979110
The willingness to tiptoe around possibly existing triggered fags is insufferable and all the more so in a forum that values anonymity. You faggot bastard. OP is also a fag and by these truths your powers combine in one thread and I am Captain Planet. Fuck off forever for having such an annoying opinion.
>>
>>7978657
Why don't you ask them?
>>
>>7978767
so the point is they're not human and we can see it?
>>
>>7978657
>look the same
... to you.
>>
File: le shitpost man.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
le shitpost man.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>7979371

so what's the next step of your master plan?
>>
File: monkey.jpg (122 KB, 634x876) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
122 KB, 634x876
Why do all black people look the same?

Pic related
>>
A mind is the result of the proteins produced by the body. I prefer to judge organisms in terms of many different capacities, so I look at the 'retarded' in terms of ecology.

In the cases of genetic cause, what you're looking at can be the result of a single protein folding differently. This protein forms structures in both the body and the brain, often early in development when the brain and the body aren't differentiated.

The body is designed to protect against genetic damage, and it's chinks will likely be the doorway into which damage enters the body. Mental retardation is, in essence, the result of certain likely changes that occur because of their likelihood.

Imagine humans as all belonging to the same car model type - the same problems occur again and again, and when they have manufacturing defects they tend to have the same ones.
>>
>>7978767
What? So this faggot is saying we just "think" they look like each other? Are you for real? This is SJW in STEM, folks. Let's deny reality.
>>
>>7978904
Because somehow the tone police aren't the most insufferable faggots around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBoKxEcVAA
>>
File: crash-theconomy.jpg (174 KB, 625x939) Image search: [Google]
crash-theconomy.jpg
174 KB, 625x939
>>7979648
crashing th'economy, of course
>>
>>7978818
Wow, human interaction reduced to mere reproduction. What a truly wonderful world we live in.
>>
File: stk212419rke.jpg (99 KB, 414x414) Image search: [Google]
stk212419rke.jpg
99 KB, 414x414
>>7978904
>>
>>7979110
don't forget your inhaler you fucking autist
>>
>>7979713

I think if you ask a social worker who works with downies if they all look alike, he will deny it, because he sees a large variety of them. If you seldomly people of other ethnicities, they will look more like each other to you, than people of your own ethnicity.

But yes, there are traits especially prevalent in people with down syndrome.
>>
>>7980422

You seem to have attempted humor; it didn't pan.
>>
>>7979110
Dude stop complaining about literal trivial shit on a Burmese clay sculpting board
>>
>>7980785
I thought this was a Taiwanese finger box image board.
>>
Wow what the fuck /sci/? OP left himself open for hot bantz and instead you link reddit.
>>
>>7979222
wtf, how does mainstream know the word 'normies'?
>>
Black people don't look all the same OP, that' s racist.
>>
File: ishiguro.png (317 KB, 854x482) Image search: [Google]
ishiguro.png
317 KB, 854x482
Could it be something along the lines that they have to consciously move every single of their face muscles and if they don't it goes back to no tension? Also, their eyes, it always looks like they are not focusing on anything but just staring into the void.

Take this Japanese Professor for instance, he modeled an android on himself and it turned out to look like his twin with downs syndrome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1CdjlrTBM
On the one hand they look basically the same but on the other hand you clearly see the robot has downs, I really don't know what it is. Does someone with better observation skills see what exactly makes it look different?
>>
The true answer is their genes are all fucked up the same way.
>>
>>7982130
I saw 'normie' first posted on here in late 2014 when reddit started taking over /r9k/

that video is from april 2013
Maybe it's really the mentally handicapped who started with this word.
>>
Is there a visible difference between a retarded person's brain and a normal person's?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.