[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any exercises or tips on improving your memory? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: memory36969112_crop.jpg (122 KB, 750x762) Image search: [Google]
memory36969112_crop.jpg
122 KB, 750x762
are there any exercises or tips on improving your memory?

I have a pretty good memory, but I was wondering if it was possible to improve it.
>>
> I was wondering if it was possible to improve it.
Good to know pal. Now fuck off.
>>
>>6589951
Just like with muscles: use it.
>>
>>6589951
People who win memorizing competitions aren't special, they just train really hard.
If you want to improve your memory then you just need to practice.
>>
Keep using it, challenge it
>>
>>6589965
>>6589969
>>6589972
What would be good ways to do this? Just attempt to memorize something arbitrary like a string of characters/numbers or an image and test myself?
>>
>>6589974
Yes, kind of like pie

You can try to recall pie over a long period, try to be consistent over a long time.
>>
>>6589974
Most "brain training" apps and games will help. Grab some for your phone.
>>
>>6589979
that doesn't sound like a bad place to start
>>6589981
neither does this, thanks!
>>
File: 1402700587587.jpg (11 KB, 256x173) Image search: [Google]
1402700587587.jpg
11 KB, 256x173
Recently I have been trying to think of Everything.

By the meaning of it I see my life over and over, I review ideas and end up with a world of possibilites. Your fresh memory works great when you see something you know, so I get my imagination going before it happens. This is scary, I had the idea after going out with friends. It explains why I am good at Physics. When I thought of Physics for the first time I thought of Nature as a whole and that was great. That didn't happen with Mathematics, until these days. So anyone enlightened will agree that it is a good thing to think of Everything. Fucking. Everything.

The effects alternate between good memory and great creativity. But firstly, it gives peace through cognition, focusing doesn't mean anything anymore. A man needs to try this to understand. It is true freedom from the apeshit lazy mind. You have to try this.
>>
>>6589986
-> More informal: read/listen a lot (when you're bored, in public transport system, ...). I have no detailes explaanation, but it does help you to memorize (vocabulary (new words), plot memory, names of the caracter, ... and maybe just a more challenging task than just listening to music on your mp3)(of course, it's even better if you don't read in your first language)

->stay tuned on the subject you like, regardless of the media. Memory is drastically developped when it has to do with hobbys/centers of interests.

->play "games" as proposed above. One example among numeral others : www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/ (npot all the subtests, but those which are like the "monkey ladder" one) : because the tests are presented as little games, I find it funnier and less boring than remembering random.

->If you want a pure memory exercise, you can try a lot of program which are designed to test your digit-span (forward and bacward). Here is a nice one:
(don't be surpised, US_male speaks in French (It was more paractical to me), but there is still the three other voices) mega.co.nz/#!tNghQa4S!JVg0WzGobMj-BMcojXidva7_9zu6xuBQDh-N30y8tQk

->IMO, if you want to improve your memory kill two birds with one stone:
Instead of learning Pie, learn countries of all the wormld, their flag and their capital, big dates from history, ...
>>
>>6590002
You motherfucker, what does this mean?
>>
You really can't. The people on here assume that your overall memory improves by doing small tasks like memorization. This is wrong. You will just memorize your subject. You can memorize something well by repetition but you can't improve your basic memorization. Of course that's only assuming if you use the same method to memorize things. If you for example change the method you memorize things to make them clearer and more involved in the first place, you will also memorize them much better. So I would guess mastering a certain method of memorization would improve your skill to memories things greatly. With mastering I mean using this method at all times automatically, replacing your current method of memorization.
>>
>>6589951
physical training is good for the memory
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.