[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get put into two prerequisite 100-level courses (maths and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>get put into two prerequisite 100-level courses (maths and physics) that I've already learned everything for because the NCEA examination system is bullshit and screws over people randomly
>university is completely unsympathetic even though it makes my degree a year longer and they acknowledge that I'm learning nothing, and they say "anon, if you know everything you should be able to get an A easily!"
>I actually end up being handicapped because I forgot how to do things like a begineer, such as calculating instantaneous velocity with limits rather than integration, or correctly interpreting physics questions made for physics beginners
>just end up getting slightly depressed whenever I do any university stuff physics or math related, doing the bare minimum
>except when I got annoyed because the physics course tried teaching me something that didn't make sense and later study on my own showed to be wrong
How can I survive this bullshit?
>>
>>7939224
I had the opposite problem:
>Start a masters
>Don't meet the pre-requisites for 2/3 of my electives.
>Boss the shit out of all of them, except algebraic geometry.
>Algebraic geometry is hard.

I've no idea how you survive your problem, I just put in a shit load of extra effort.
>>
>>7939229
Algebraic geometry reminds me of how shitty the rest of my course is.
So this trimester I'm taking:

MATH 141 (Calculus basics, already learned but abstracted from what I know)
PHYS 131 (Various physics, in the same form that I already learned so I could do last year's final examination with twice the pass mark easily)
MATH 151 (Really complicated algebra stuff, the lecturer knows his stuff but is incompetent as a teacher so I'm completely lost, I think it's algebraic geometry?)
COMP 112 (Tries teaching me good programming habits I already know, then hands me Java assignments that are hard because I have to learn how to translate my skills into Java)

Why does the only course that could be teaching me anything, MATH 151, have to also have the worst lecturer?
>>
These easy As work themselves out when you go to apply for internships with 4.0 gpa. They work out when it's year 4 and physics 9999 is kicking your ass.

Regards,
CC transfer who got thrown into the gpa killer classes his first semester
>>
>>7939255
>MATH 151 (Really complicated algebra stuff, the lecturer knows his stuff but is incompetent as a teacher so I'm completely lost, I think it's algebraic geometry?)
>Think some trivial algebra class in a bachelor's degree is ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY
>>
>>7939304
Fair enough, algebraic geometry sounds more ominous the more I think about it.
>>
>>7939224
>NCEA
Take it from someone who made the mistake of staying in NZ for education due to financial reasons, you've made a huge mistake.
>>
>>7939342
>imblying I had a choice
>>
>>7939255
Literally what is the name of the Math 151 in the university course catalog?
>>
>>7939390
"Algebra"
>>
>>7939224
Are you me?
I'm currently in calc 1 and have already finished calc 4, Linear Algebra and ODEs.

I'm currently reviewing for real analysis.

I have the same case for chemistry.
I'm currently in an intro to chemistry course while reading junior level physical chemistry. Welp.
>>
>>7939224

Instant velocity with integration?

OP Confirmed for retard.
>>
>>7941619
You can find instant velocity with integration if you know the acceleration and the velocity in another instant.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.