[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
20 years guys 20 motherfucking years being forced to learn shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1400490547705.png (455 KB, 797x1127) Image search: [Google]
1400490547705.png
455 KB, 797x1127
20 years guys
20 motherfucking years being forced to learn shit you don't want and being tested on concepts/memorizations you don't give two shits about. the more you advance on education, the more difficult it gets and the less useful those things are. even if you just want to study a very specific field you are forced to go through a shitton of useless bullshit, delaying the day you will be able to be a professional, making you spend more on education. and by spending more I don't mean money alone, but time, stress and intelect. in murika it's even worse: you even need to graduate in biology to get to medicine. I was taking a discipline about FISHES and there were fucking premed students there. you gotta be fucking kidding me knowing the sexual behavior of lantern fish will make you a better doctor. most professors give zero shits about making the discipline easier to understand or select the subjects that are most broad and relevant to the student: they just teach whatever they are more confortable with and need less preparation to teach. professors have zero didactics, they don't care HOW the student learns, just put a prize on the end of it and hope it's enough motivation for the student to get there, no matter how. this bullshit system is only popping out scientific articles because of the ridiculous amount of money those institutions get. most grad students aren't studying what they find interesting. many don't believe in the possible results their research might wield and come up with whatever excuse to get the funding.
(cont)
>>
>>7931695
>wall of text
>cont

no,
fuck you schizo,
lrn to format for legibility
>>
I learned robotics in a place we didn't have tests, the professor just gave us lectures a few times for key concepts for key projects, we learned most of the stuff by doing it and we were free to make our own projects. this place popped dozens of teenagers that could build fucking robots. when I met mechatronics engineering students they never built a robot or built their own circuit their entire lives. they never built a circuit from scratch. AT BEST some of them messed with arduino boards, something a literal 10 year old could do.
this bullshit system makes me wanna puke.

I just wish I could get rich enough to fund my own research by now.
>>
>>7931706
this

nobody cares about your edgy ranting. also,

get good or go home. academia doesn't need whiners.
>>
>>7931709
>get good or go home. academia doesn't need whiners.

>I adapted to the system and wasted my life on it anyway so I'm ok with it
>>
>>7931695
I guess proper text formatting is "useless bs" as well?
>>
but I liked learning what I've been taught for 20 years kek

I didn't read but I'm assuming this is a
>LOL SCHOOL IS USELSS ITS JUST A PIECE OF PAPER FOR A DIPLOMA
>baby fails his calc midterm
>shitposts on /sci/ about unfair system

Must know 10 guys that's happened to.
>>
>>7931711
>op claims that people with different opinions are inherently wrong

Classic.
>>
File: Xbro.png (194 KB, 467x491) Image search: [Google]
Xbro.png
194 KB, 467x491
What's the matter, OP

Too difficult for you?
>>
>>7931695
S P O O N F E E D
P
O
O
N
F
E
E
D
>>
>>7931695
>you need bio degree for medschool
lol no
People only choose bio as a major because they believe it would be most relevant to medicine. Then medschools here reject 90% of applicants and guess what they have no job and wasted 4 years.
>>
>>7931695
>butthurt high school drop out detected
>>
TOO LONG, DIDN'T FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.