[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I got one question for you. Assume a world where there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: people-party_00313989.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
people-party_00313989.jpg
369 KB, 1920x1200
Guys I got one question for you.

Assume a world where there live only 12 men and 30 women.

10 of those guys slept with one women.
the two others slept with 10 women (each)

So would you say on average that men have more sex than women? I´m confussed.

Read an articel that women have on average more sexual partners than men, but don´t get it how this is possible. Thx guys
>>
>>7793286
>average more sexual partners

So one woman fucks a larger number of men at least once each, on average, than one man fucks a number of women at least once each.

That said, a man could fuck a few women a lot (5x26), then settle down, and a woman could fuck a lot of men (49) once each, one 26 times, then settle down. 130 for man in 5, 75 in 50 for woman.

Once settled down, their sex would [except for cheating and le :^) cuckoldry] grow equally.

In theory, women could have more partners, and men more sex
>>
Think of 3 people. One girl, 2 boys. The girl fucks both boys.

Now the girl has had sex twice and each boy has had sex once.

Now the average number of partners for the woman is 2 and for men it is 1.

Scale that up to like 7 billion. Capeesh?
>>
>>7793286
Maybe I'm retarded, but it's fucking obvious they have to be lying on the survey or the survey sample is too small. It should always be 50:50

Whenever you add a new sexual partner to set of unique sexual partners for one gender, logically you have to add to the other because that pair hasn't slept with each other yet.

Suppose you have 10 men and 10 women (so 50:50 split approximate like the real world)

Let's number each sex 1 to 10
>Women 1 sleeps with men 1-5: Total sexaul partners 5
>Women 2 sleeps with men 6-10: Total sexaul partners 5

Average sexual partners for males: 1
Average sexual partners for females: [math]\frac{5 \times 2}{10} = 1.0[/math]

So far each man has only had sex with 1 women, now repeat for women 3 and 4
>Women 3 sleeps with men 1-5: Total sexaul partners 5
>Women 4 sleeps with men 6-10: Total sexaul partners 5

Let's say the rest of the women become disgusted by the promiscuity of this hypothetical planet and become nuns.

Average sexual partners for males: 2
Average sexual partners for females: [math]\frac{5 \times 4}{10} = 2.0[/math]

Obviously you can draw the pattern here, it's always the same, so let's try the scenario where fewer men get poon, accelerate the pattern this time

Let's number each sex 1 to 2
>Women 1 sleeps with men 1-2: Total sexaul partners 2
>Women 2 sleeps with men 1-2: Total sexaul partners 2
>...
>Women 10 sleeps with men 1-2: Total sexaul partners 2

Average sexual partners for males: [math]\frac{2 \times 10}{10} = 2.0[/math]
Average sexual partners for females: 2.0

Can some mathfag draw up a proper proof or contradiction?
>>
>>7793362
I think the problem comes from the unsophisticated use of the word "average" from the people who spread these results. More likely they mean median, in which case its obvious that the median male could have fewer partners than the median woman.
>>
>>7793362

literally read the post above you
>>
>>7793347
But doesn't that contradict the studies that show there are far more virgin males than females? So it would 1 guy and 2 girls?
>>
>>7793381
The post above me incorrectly assumes that there are 2 boys for every one girl.

But there are, on average, 2 girls for every 2 boys. So one girl stays a virgin and the average for girls is 2/2=1.

All that post says is averages for "sexually active", not the total average.

So the only places this is approxmiately true is in China. But in most countries there are more girls per boys.
>>
>>7793381
Do you think there are twice as many men as there are women?
>>
so in a nutshell:

the sexual partners for men and women are equal
and people tend to lie in the studies?

Does someone has further ideas or is this correct?
>>
>>7793420
Yes, unless:
>A) It's in a country with significantly more males than females
Use this map for reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio#/media/File:Sex_ratio_total_population.PNG
>B) They were stupid enough to survey more of one gender than the other.
>C) Their sample size was too small.

Other than that people were lying. Statistically if your sample size is large enough you should have near perfect the country's gender ratio and worldwide would be 50:50 for 2 signifcant figures.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.