[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's something It's been bothering me. How many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: wpacdd8e8a_0f.jpg (46 KB, 283x395) Image search: [Google]
wpacdd8e8a_0f.jpg
46 KB, 283x395
There's something It's been bothering me.
How many of you faggots really care about learning more about the universe and hopefully at the end of your life discover the real truth inside it.

Most of you are STEM but there's so many shitpost against entire fields of knowledge you really don't know anything because it's not your major.

But, how many of you faggots do read about other fields of knowledge simply because you love learning.

I'm a lit major but I read also basic math and physics books to understand them.

My goal is to major in literature and minor in philosophy, but this doesn't mean I won't be reading about STEM topics.

I just wonder how many of you do also study on your leisure time humanities topics, like art or literature.

I just feel that specializing in one field and disregarding others, while calling them brainlets is pretty ironic.

Hell, I do also read stuff like teology and find those books about ocult arts and magic pretty interesting.

This doesn't mean at some later point I wont be watching some feyman lecture.

Dunno, just my two cents.
>>
oh wow. i'm not even sure if i should reply with a so edgy, fedora or ayylmao meme
>>
>>7785532
Please read the "Theory of Scientific Revolutions" and realize there is no "grand truth" that we are approaching. But what we have is better than ignorance/lies (i.e humanities)
>>
>>7785532
For most part of my life I've been on a journey to seek truth. I turned to science. I spent a lot of time informing myself about all the fringe theories, the furthest stuff out there. Now, in my eyes it seems impossible to grasp truth with science. I then turned to philosophy to seek knowledge about the universe, the self, consciousness. Again, there are no answers here either. Right now, as ridiculous as it sounds I'm taking a spiritual way and it actually feels closer to the truth than anything else.

Spiritual doesn't mean bullshit mystical shit here. It doesn't mean I believe in karma or whatever. It just means I take a long deep look into myself, question myself and everything I know and try to come to a conclusion this way.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.