[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have noticed a definite correlation between amount of dairy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: horror4.jpg (87 KB, 374x338) Image search: [Google]
horror4.jpg
87 KB, 374x338
I have noticed a definite correlation between amount of dairy I consume, and number of pimples I have 3 days later. I had a brief argument with my dermatologist about it, and he had an arrogant tone of finality in his explanation. He concluded that dairy does not affect acne, so I could eat as much as I like (Of course I won't actually do that)

What does it mean when a doctor says "there is no medical evidence" for a claim? Isnt that equivalent to a doctor saying "my colleagues have not put any effort into answering that question"? If there is no evidence, wouldn't that mean that a certified doctor has no right to take sides on the topic?
>>
>>7749183
Aren't dermatologists basically pharma salesmen who would be out of a job if you didn't have skin problems?
>>
>>7749190
>would dermatologists be out of a job if everyone's skin was just fine
no shit anon
>>
"There is no medical evidence" seems pretty self-explanatory to me. If there hasn't been found any kind of relation between consuming dairy and acne, then there is no medical evidence for dairy affecting acne, and that's it. It can't mean that the relation of acne and dairy has been thoroughly studied from EVERY possible angle in EVERY possible situation, but rather that there is no obvious link to be found between the two.

So if you feel sure that consuming dairy makes your acne bad then you probably should avoid dairy products. It can be the result of many things in your spesific situation rather than a clear link between just acne and dairy.
>>
>>7749199
So do they have any incentive to prevent people from getting bad skin?
>>
>>7749183
http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(04)02158-9/abstract
>>
Keep in mind the amount of influence the food and dairy industry have over medicine cuz money. Think about it when I went to school in the 90s that food pyramid was made by the dairy industry and recommended something insane like 5 or 6 cups of milk a day, come recently Harvard's finest are saying you shouldn't drink milk at all. He's just arrogant cause he went to an industry funded school for 8 years and there's no way he could be wrong. He is though. I used to have tier 9 facial acne, I mean covered. I went vegetarian, limited my cheese intake to once a week or so and my skin is completely clear. Haven't had a pimple since I started. Soda is the other big offender, soda, processed sugar and dairy.
>>
>>7749202
>So do they have any incentive to prevent people from getting bad skin?

A dermatologist that could reliably and permanently cure bad skin could charge insane amounts and would still have a line out the door. So, yes.
>>
>>7749183
It DOES affect acne IF you have a slight allergence to it -which most people have- because it can prompt inflammation.
>>
>>7749216

One anecdote could easily just be a coincidence though.
>>
>>7749214
http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(12)00164-8/fulltext
>The risk increased with increased milk consumption (odds ratio 1.78, 95% confidence interval 1.22-2.59) in those consuming more than 3 portions per week. The association was more marked for skim than for whole milk.
>>
File: 1422145337337.png (59 KB, 522x439) Image search: [Google]
1422145337337.png
59 KB, 522x439
>>7749183
yes, if I eat cheese [cow or goat] or dairy products, even cheese on pizzas, I have pimples a few hours later, as I digest it...

it sucks as I really like cheese...
>>
>>7749216
>Soda is the other big offender, soda, processed sugar and dairy.
Personally I think it's mostly the sugar in the soda. I drink a ton of diet soda (coke zero) and have -zero- acne problems.

I'm a girl though, so it might just be my lack of test. giving me god-tier skin.
>>
File: 2015-12-29_03-51-39.png (12 KB, 764x221) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_03-51-39.png
12 KB, 764x221
>>7749224
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-4632.2009.04002.x/full
See pic

High glycemic load diet appears to support what other anon said about soda.
>>
>>7749227
Aspartame is terrible for you though.
>>
>>7749244
Nah, I've heard many MD debates on this. It has more benefits than counter indications. The hippie/vegan crowd seem to hate because the retards can't stop appealing to nature.
>>
>>7749247
>It has more benefits than counter indications
I don't drink soda but should I be eating aspartame pills to improve my health?
>>
>>7749253
No, I meant benefits in terms of a replacement for sugary foods.
>>
>>7749247
The aspartame causing cancer stuff is bs, but I feel like I've seen enough legitimate sources showing that certain bad shit is associated with diet sodas to make me want to steer clear of them. I feel like I've also seen more studies recently showing that people who eat fake sugar still get insulin spikes, so I wouldn't consider them a significantly safer alternative to soda.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.