[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you take a Critical Thinking OR Symbolic Logic class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: y.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
Would you take a Critical Thinking OR Symbolic Logic class?
>>
>>7731098
No. Probably not.
>>
>>7731098
Critical thinking is something you should have developed on your own as a child. Taking a class on critical thinking is like taking a class on breathing or walking. Only the most deficient individuals need it, and they are most likely so deficient that they cannot even learn from it.
>>
>>7731101
this is the course description

>This course is designed to bring students to a critical awareness of the function of argumentation in the various forms it takes, both in the academic realm of logic, as well as the everyday world of television, newspapers, and other forms of communication. Students will examine how arguments are constructed and the means that are used to make an argument convincing. They will learn to critically analyze arguments in order to detect careless language use and fallacies. They will also learn various types of arguments. Students will be graded on weekly problem-solving homework assignments and re-writes, collaborative fallacy presentations, a mid-term exam, and a comprehensive final exam.
>>
Critical Thinking will be plowing through bullshit arguments for the sake of arguing; Symbolic Logic will be the structure of "correct" arguments. They're both interesting (well, to me at least), I've taken symbolic logic and I'm taking critical thinking this spring semester.
>>
>>7731098
>Symbolic Logic class

One of the most worthless classes I ever took in my life.
>>
>>7731098
I don't need a class to tell me how to think logically.
>>
>>7731098
yes
>>
>>7731101
>>7733250
these are the kind of people who will never accomplish anything in life because they generalize high level accomplishments to being born with talent, rather than having studied everything needed to refine your own thinking skills.

i laugh at your spot on the ladder of contributions.
>>
>>7731098
Aren't they the same thing.

>>7731101
It's something that most people SHOULD have developed, but often don't, yet THINK they do.
>>
>>7731098
I did by mistake
>need a gen ed for philosophy
>take intro to logic
>find out it's like computer science except but even more worthless and more autistic than ever
>ended up with a B+ because I couldn't do the final quiz
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.