[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tools for learning precalculus in one month?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: precalculus.jpg (81 KB, 475x648) Image search: [Google]
precalculus.jpg
81 KB, 475x648
Hey /sci/ 1st year 1st semester engineering major here looking for some help.

since i was such a fuckhead in hs and dgaf about class, they put me in remedial courses and now i have to make up all that time within this upcoming winter break. I essentially have to learn precalculus in a month. What other than pic related (my textbook) and khanacademy should i use?
>>
>>7720053
The sticky, you faggot.
>>
>>7720053
>since i was such a fuckhead in hs and dgaf about class
holy fuck can someone come up with a good name for these types?

>i was too cool for school
>now i truly see the value of science and math (translation: i want money)
>where's a good place to start learning math?
>btw, i only know highschool algebra

they're a plague we get these threads literally everyday.
>>
>>7720067
future marketing majors
>>
It's going to be very hard for you to catch up and you're going to need to recognize that upfront. Start by reading some precalc textbook doing the problems in the book and maybe and watching some youtube videos for clarification. You should be able to teach yourself this but it will just take some serious motivation.
>>
>>7720067
We really do need a shorthand for these people, I know precisely what you mean, thought I'd add prestige to " (translation: i want money)".

But yeah none of these people have the dedication to make it in STEM. They just want to the perceived associated rewards (including the rewards of understanding in itself), without any of the blood sweat and tears needed to get it.
>>
>>7720067
Not true for everyone in these threads. In high school I was bored and never studied really. Started majoring in business in college and I have the opportunity to take over my dad's business which does over 10 mil in sales every year but I wasn't interested in my business classes at all. I then took an information systems class that was required for business students and loved it and I am now doing electrical engineering and computer science and doing very well. I won't make as much money as if I went with business, but it is far more interesting and fun.

Why do you assume that people who make these threads only want money? you sound salty as fuck.
>>
If I remember correctly there isnt alot of things to memorize in pre-calc. its just slightly more advanced algebra and trig identities.
>>
>>7720053
>Be on /sci/
>Spot an engineer circle jerk thread
>Every guy says:
The requirements for entry in even the shittiest engineering school are the highest for undergrad. You shitty math majors have it way easier, all you have are rejected engineers. Less than half get in because you need to be a genius to get accepted!

>this thread
>1st semester engineering major
>Can't even into pre calculus

For fucks sake engineers. When are you going to quit your bullshit!

Nothing against you OP, I know you are not an elitist moron like these faggots but I will screen cap this thread just in case another one of these guys spergs out in the future. I wish you the best in your studies.
>>
ahaha you're fucked you can't learn precal in a month. Someone who isn't smart enough to realize they need to get shit done can't learn it in a month.
>>
>>7721046
U mad, bro?

If this schmuck hasn't even done precalc yet, there's no way the'd let him declare as an engineering major yet at any decent program.
>>
>>7721058
Here they go again.

>There is no way someone who's not a genius would get accepted in any engineering program

>Here's a guy who's below average and is in an engineering program

>WELL HE IS NOT AN ENGINEER! NO WAY HE WOULD GET ACCEPTED. DENY REALITY!!

Yup. I didn't expect any better of you people.
>>
Precalc is just algebra review with basic trig rushed in. If you're serious about learning math take a full semester of trig and test out of precalc.
>>
>>7721069
This. Don't sweat it, just know your Algebra II stuff, basic trig (and trig identities), along with extremely basic calculus and you'll be fine.

It's possible to learn Pre-Calculus in about a month or less; that's how easy it is. Don't sweat it too much.

Try Coursera videos if anything. Best of luck!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.