[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a medically oriented question. There's a certa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2857121994_83a0ff6b25_b.jpg (692 KB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
2857121994_83a0ff6b25_b.jpg
692 KB, 1024x736
This is a medically oriented question.

There's a certain vitamin supplement that when I take it leads to a mental clouding
(almost crippling), and a sharp elevation in heart rate and rhythm.

My guesses are I'm either severely vulnerable to sharp elevations in certain nutrients and my dietary patterns otherwise mask this, or my gut bacteria (SIBO) rapidly generate toxic compounds that cross the intestinal wall.

This is it, so you can read the ingredients.
http://www.pureencapsulations.com/multi-t-d.html
Haven't taken any for years. Ate 1 early, and although it still made me like shit, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, which was vertigo and outright disorientation. At present it's very likely I have some degree of malnutrition because I can barely eat anything that has much of anything in it without my stomach expanding like a balloon. It appears this is not a viable solution, but I'd like to understand.
>>
>>8198291
Sounds like an allergic reaction. Recent tests have shown that many supplements don't contain what they purport to contain. You might be allergic to some of the 'filler' shit that they put there.

Try different brands and see what happens.

Yes, you're my guinea pig. Do it for /sci/ence.
>>
>>8198299
I have allergies, yes. Soy, corn, whey, peanut, blueberries and cranberries, certain mushrooms. This supplement claims it contains none of these things, at least in a form that would be reactive. But yes, it does resemble a manner of allergic reaction, though an oddly specific one I haven't quite experienced otherwise.

I was my own guinea pig for years. Consistent failure historically probably would have meant suicide. At present I was drinking this juice "Vitajuice", but unfortunately like most juices, jams, whatevers, it uses apple as a base or secondary base, which has components bacteria readily use and generate gases. My stomach has finally become flat after a week, I've been hungry for days, and I decided te old vitamins might be viable. They were not.

Feels bad. If I can't manage to solve this any other way, I'll just have to use antibiotics.
>>
Yep. Reading the bottle it claims "free of corn, soy, shellfish, peanut, etc", but reading the product information sheet, most of its contents are derived either from soy or fermenting corn. It's not inconceivable something reactive, or a residual, is present as a contaminate. It does feel just like eating corn or soy.

Well that ruins my today / tomorrow.
>>
>>8198322
Can you have yogurt or kefir or miso? You might want to try getting those into your system.

Also, try peppermint tea as it is known to help those with IBS which might be similar to what ails you.
>>
>>8198337
Right now I'm trying to starve the bacteria that ought not be there, ideally allowing the small populations that should to rise to prominence.

Avoiding free glucose or fructose is vital. Sucrose isn't very usable by bacteria, but is quickly split by enzymes on the intestinal wall, and then rapidly transported across before it can be used by anything else. I meant to go get some cane sugar, but the store was closed. Unfortunately garlic and onion despite being potent antibacterials, create the most gas. I'm probably going to get some clove and oregano oil, and consume some phenylehtylamine occasionally.

Then I'll eat some kimchi or kombucha, for a while. If the former doesn't work, I'll just replace it with antibiotics and skip to this step. Sick of this shit. Feels like it's compressing my organs and it'd be unsurprising to end up with a hernia before I'm 25 at this rate.

I'll look into peppermint tea. I do have some peppermint around, probably.
>>
>>8198322
I don't know what product you're using, but be careful because the supplement industry is unregulated and sometimes unreliable in terms of the content of their products.
>>
>>8198512
I put a link to it in the OP.
I'll just have to find nutrients from other foods, as yet unknown. Having a limited diet makes it difficult.

As a rule I don't trust supplements much either.
>>
>>8198291
There is a disorder where if you eat meat (or some nutrient often found in meat), you can end up with mental clouding, which ultimately can kill you.
>>
>>8198291
you are allergic to whatever you're eating.

>Feels bad. If I can't manage to solve this any other way, I'll just have to use antibiotics.

Or don't. Whatever you're trying to treat with weird vitamin supplements isn't going to respond to antibiotics either.
>>
I ate a lot of ginger, and somewhat feel better. Won't fix most of the problems, but antagonizes some histamine receptors.

>>8198534
Sounds like you might be talking about phenylketonuria, or maybe some strange autoimmune deal to neu5gc I don't know about.

The only meat I eat is turkey, though. Meats and tomatoes tend to be higher in glutamate as well, which I suppose could lead to excitotoxicity in some individuals.

>>8198539
SIBO. I'm not trying to treat anything with the vitamins, I'm trying to avoid nutrient deficiency because everything else inflates my stomach. What I really need is sheer calories though.

Something like rifaximin tends to be effective at wiping out gut flora. I'd like to avoid that though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.