[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have genetic stutter whole life >have genetic baldness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1466399903606.png (321 KB, 480x650) Image search: [Google]
1466399903606.png
321 KB, 480x650
>have genetic stutter whole life
>have genetic baldness by age 21
>have genetic-disposition hernia at age 22
How soon will humanity find a way to "disable" these genes with science? I want to have kids but won't if it means they'll be subjected to this hell
>>
>>8197886
Stuttering may have a genetic component but it is treatable. Google "stuttering treatment."

Baldness does not matter. Shave your head. If your hair is going to leave you, get rid of it first. Embrace the shaved look. Grow some facial hair like a goatee and see how it looks.

I have no idea about hernias. Can't help you there, bud.

2/3 aint bad, I suppose.

We're not going to have genetic solutions for a long-time because genes interact in a clusterfucking way. You're going to have to take care of it yourself.
>>
>>8197886
Genetics thread ?

Good:

>6'1
>good face
>wide shoulders
>decent intelligence

BAD
>balding age 18
>myopia
>thin bone structure
>small teeth
>neck too long
>short arms and legs
>hard to build muscle
>>
>>8197988
Actually something like 60% of people can't be cured. I went to speech and behavioral therapy all through middle school and high school and it didn't help me at all
>>
>>8198001
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Here's something new with pretty good effects: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Janet_Beilby/publication/233876324_Acceptance_and_Commitment_Therapy_for_adults_who_stutter_Psychosocial_adjustment_and_speech_fluency/links/54db0e5d0cf233119bc4fa40.pdf
>>
>>8197988
>mfw when balding at 23 and also can't grow a beard

>>8197994
Ok

Good:

>Greyish/greenish eyes, rather unusual
>Used to have good overall aesthetics but.. (look in bad section)
>High resistance to prolonged periods of low-medium level pain

Bad:

>Starting to slowly bald at 23
>Intense acné, more than I ever had in my teen years, its just getting worse
>Struggle with math (even though I like it), and ease with letters (even though they bore me)
>Thin bone structure, extremely skinny arms, lack of strength in my hands, shaky hands
>Intense pain breaks me right away

and most important of all:

>Can't grow a fucking beard
>>
>>8198033
You can probably still grow a soul patch of some sort.

Wash with just water for a couple of days and see if that helps. Sometimes acne can be due to a reaction to overdry skin.
>>
>>8198033
>Can't grow a fucking beard
Count yourself lucky m9. My bread grows back the instant I shave it off. It's really annoying.
>>
>>8198047
I will, but I doubt it. I even went to the doctor for this, they gave me creams, pills, and nothing, it keeps getting worse.

>>8198053
I hear that argument often, but at least you can choose to have or not a beard, I can't, I have this ridiculous tiny amount of hair (I leave it anyway, its better than nothing, and shaving it it's annoying I agree, but I'd still rather be able to grow one).
>>
>>8198072
>but at least you can choose to have or not a beard
You kinda missed my point. I can't choose not to have it. It's always there. I can't fucking shave 3 times a day.
>>
>>8198086
I got that mad hair growth. I caved in and am now growing a beard. It's salt and pepper, with more salt than expected for my age.

The wife asks how long I plan on growing it. I say, "I don't ask you how long you plan on growing your hair, do I?" Then I smile because we're chill like that.

I got some beard oils, a beard brush, and I'm loving the bearded life. Shaving is a breeze - just my upper cheeks and lower neck. And the beard makes stubble appear shorter so I don't have to shave everyday.
>>
>>8198086
Well, I like something more moderate, but would still exchange with you.
>>
>>8198112
You should count yourself lucky to be naturally more like a modern human that me. Beards are a remnant of our cave ancestors, and are no longer necessary or desired.
>>
>>8198072
Change your god damn pillow covers everyday and wash your face with water only. Take probiotocs as well, that's all you need.
>>
>have genetic stutter whole life

I have no idea of the real etiology, but I bet stuttering is caused by neuronal dysregulation. Dopamine and serotonin both control neuronal firing, and shape the action potentials in the brain.

Every muscle in the body is controlled with neurons. These neurons have dopamine and serotonin receptors, which grab onto any molecules with the right functional groups - which are the pieces that compose a molecular puzzle. Anti-psychotics, LSD, meth and SSRI's all share certain functional groups, and they all work on dopamine and serotonin.

Parkinson's is treated with levodopa, and it may help your stutter. I think cannabis helps me keep in control of my body. See a doctor - you can get either medicine from them.

>have genetic baldness by age 21

Genes have been pinned down which are related to baldness.

LRP5, rs599083(Look it up on snpedia)
has two alleles - G and T. G is hyperactive, and T is hypoactive. That is, if you have G, you produce less LRP5 protein.

LRP5 reacts with WntA3 to form hair. WntA3 is inhibited by APCDD1, which itself has two alleles - C and T, on rs3185480. C is hypoactive, and T is hyperactive. If WntA3 is inhibited, the hair first turns gray and then falls out.

So;

LRP5(G), APCDD1(C) = Hair,

LRP5(T), APCDD1(T) = Bald.

>How soon will humanity find a way to "disable" these genes with science

Keratinocytes divide very quickly, and baldness has been successfully treated with stem cells. I would take one of your skin cells, turn it into a totipotent stem cell with HCl, and then transgenically modify it to contain the alleles I list above. Injected back into your scalp, the cells I implanted would live while your old ones would die as normal.

>I want to have kids but won't if it means they'll be subjected to this hell

I can chop your balls off, and implant new ones with only non-bald alleles.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.