[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post suggestions for the new /sci/ sticky picture.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: _59999523_59999522.jpg (34 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_59999523_59999522.jpg
34 KB, 624x351
4chan-science.wikia.com/

We need to stop procrastinating and get this thing done at some point...
>>
>>8191421
>sticky picture
You mean the banner contest?
>>
In Classic Mechanics why is there no Serway and no Tipler - I used this and they are pretty good.

What are your opinions on Cohen for Quantum mechanics.
>>
>>8191426
No for the new sticky OP (to be pinned on the front page).

The old site has many issues and deadlinks which is why we are moving towards the wiki page.

We can keep the old pic, but a lot of Anond had issues with the "timewasting" so I don't know.

>>8191433
Add them only if you think they are of significant quality, put them above or below Taylor depending on how you judge. (Physics is not my field so I couldn't tell you)

Just remember that most people reading the page are only going to take the first 1-2 recommendations, if you have more useful information add it in parenthesis ex. (good for self-study). The goal isn't to compile a list of all textbooks, but to -as far as possivle- recommend the most useful ones typically needed for a university quality education.
>>
>>8191421
oh my god you are finally going to fix the retarded as fuck sticky?

your math guide seems decent. one suggestion though, you have given Calculus and Calculus based DEs very early on. analysis should be right after calculus, as real analysis is a very basic topic to learn. you wrote nothing about analysis based DEs either, so that would be good to add. I don't have a particular book recommendation, as I used a book in portuguese.

also I'd like to recommend Tao's Analysis I book for a friendly, first serious math book to read.
>>
>>8191433
Classical Mechanics by Taylor is a more advanced book for those who have taken an introductory class in mechanics. It's great for self-study.

Serway and Tipler are more basic and used in intro classes. Not that great for self-study if you ask me, but the exercises are pretty good.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (61 KB, 634x892) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
61 KB, 634x892
>>
>>8191421
How about you clean up all the goddamn shitposting first?

Also you would delete this thread for being meta if the roles were reversed.
>>
>>8191521
fuck off, this sticky is an improvement
nobody gives a shit that you're mad you didn't win your shitpost fight
>>
>>8191521
I'm not a mod you know...the /sci/ sticky is a collaborative effort from all posters, once we've decided on a picture we will make a thread to be stickied and then report/post on /qa/ untill a mod stickies it/makes a OP to be stickied.

That's how we did the previous one anyway.
>>
>>8191522
I'll be recovering from a surgical procedure for the next few days, and I'll have nothing to do but flood /sci/ until you faggots do your job :^)
>>
>>8191527
you did the previous one? holy fuck

>It is a distillation of the Internet for the science & math-minded individual; in other words, the last bookmark you will ever need.

please keep it free of cringe this time

>>8191536
>your job
a mod wouldn't reply to you, you idiot. it's people of /sci/ telling you to fuck off
>>
>>8191555
>you did the previous one?
No, I contributed to some of it in the threads, the Anons who maintained the old site aren't around anymore which is part of the problem. We want a clean one that everyone can edit without needing to go through the retarded processes we did with the old one.

>please keep it free of cringe this time
Ideally we only want bare minimum information on every page with the best textbook recs. Try to minimize use of URLs as well since the old one is like ~70% deadlinks at this point. Rather use textbook names as in the current style.
>>
>>8191571
By the old one you mean this one https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
?
>>
>>8191612
Yes.
>>
>>8191536
Broken leg bro? Lets shipost this place into oblivion. I am also forced to waste my time anyway
>>
>>8191631
>lazy brainlet says he's "forced" to waste his time
such is the life of the intellectually inferior
>>
Bumping in case more contributors can help.
>>
>>8191641
>says another timewasting inferior, lying to himself that this is not so
>>
>>8191433
>In Classic Mechanics why is there no Serway and no Tipler

Because those are freshman physics books and not junior level.
>>
>>8192690
I studied 10 hours today
what about you?
>>
>>8192831
Yeah don't put them in.
>>
File: Aquí Círculos.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1250) Image search: [Google]
Aquí Círculos.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1250
>>8191421
>>
File: 1447192866188.png (333 KB, 357x346) Image search: [Google]
1447192866188.png
333 KB, 357x346
>>8192844
Not him, but I jerked off 2 times and will study tomorrow... I promise senpai
>>
>>8193672
Anon...stop doing that.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.