[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be time traveller >sit in my delorean >enter coordinates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: mfw.png (232 KB, 415x373) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
232 KB, 415x373
>be time traveller
>sit in my delorean
>enter coordinates
>Jul 02 2125 9:00
lets see how bad it will be
>accelerate
>FLASH
>suddenly i am in space because earth was moving during my timejump.
>i only moved trough time not space.
>mfw no spacesuit
>>
>>8178012
I recognized that problem when I was a teenager. Congratulations.
>>
IRL permaban thyself.
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>8178012
>earth was moving
>i only moved trough time not space.

This is more interesting than you realize. There isn't any fixed point "center of the universe". When your time machine jumps 6 months into the future are you in the solar system with the Earth on the other side of the sun, or is the entire solar system a googol kilometers away?

The Earth is moving relative to the sun which is moving relative to the center of the galaxy which is moving relative other galaxies and so on. All velocities are relative to something else you define as stationary. How far the Earth has moved in 6 months depends on some other moving object you're comparing it to. If the object is the Earth itself you haven't moved at all.
>>
>>8178012
>be time traveller
>know enough physics to realize that my movement through space has no reference point
>enter coordinates
>end up on Earth in the future because it didn't move at all, the whole universe moved around it.
>>
>>8178012
>waitress: time travelers are not allowed in this var
>be me
>walk in to a bar
>>
>>8178054
Presuming a time "machine", I would suspect the only reasonable answer is that the machine bolted to the Earth moves with the Earth and your "path" is held within it through time. This obviously doesn't make sense with reverse time travel, but neither does anything else. But yes, you are correct to bring up the lack of absolute position.
>>
File: 1466530067099s.jpg (6 KB, 226x250) Image search: [Google]
1466530067099s.jpg
6 KB, 226x250
>>8178075
>>end up on Earth in the future because it didn't move at all, the whole universe moved around it.
and the earth is flat...
>>
File: 4gag.png (136 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
4gag.png
136 KB, 500x281
>>8178012
>be time traveler
>know how physics works
>enter coordinates
>time machine accelerates me to near c speed
>week passes
>time machine stops
>2120-ish
>don't have to deal with your shitty sudoscience
>>
>>8179130
When you don't have permissions to do science, you try sudo science.
>>
>>8178082
>be me on flat earth
>gravity be fucked up because centre of mass is the North Pole because the earth isn't accelerating upwards
>every time I jump I land a few feet north
>olympics are a train wreck every year
>jumping, frisbees and all ball sports are considered national health hazards

Fucking flat earth
>>
>>8179207
kek
>>
>>8179207
>bash: science: Permission denied
>>
>>8179542
Mild kekage
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 374x250
>>8179542
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.