[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Law Of Attraction thread. Does it work for you and at what percentile.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: positive-thinking-consumes-you.jpg (44 KB, 600x868) Image search: [Google]
positive-thinking-consumes-you.jpg
44 KB, 600x868
Law Of Attraction thread. Does it work for you and at what percentile.
>>
As a psychological idea it has a certain rationality to it. There is clearly a very strong (if very complex) relationship between our behavior and our thinking.

Anything beyond that is absolute garbage. The idea that thoughts somehow cause situations far removed from one's realm of activity to occur (like somehow causing the Lotto balls to come up on what you want them to be) is painfully stupid and I'm honestly shocked how popular it is and how readily accepted it is (even if only in minor variants).

Anything which tries to justify such a scenario using "quantum mechanics" is quintessential pseudoscience.

Thoughts can only affect reality in as far as they are mediated/propagated by the body.
>>
>>8169859
I thought about making this thread yesterday in the morning. So yeah I get some synchronicities.

I had some weird experiences with it, I can share some if thread lives.

But desu, I never got the complete manifestation, just signs, sinchronicities, weird weird coincidences.

Like this one (less weird than some i had). Im used to that. I also observe everyone I know and analize their states of mind and the way they shape their lives. It works, there is correlation.

I just havent made it to be complete in my life. I guess its subconscious fears or whatnot.

I can use it effectively in some areas, but not in the thing I wanted the most.
>>
>>8169874
This is /thread, desu.

>>8171252
>I had some weird experiences with it
Something most people fail to recognize is that it would be weirder if nothing weird ever happened, that's probability. Failure to recognize this is how some people end up with conviction in religion, "miracles". There's also the simple fact that our consciousness lies to us about the outside world constantly - blind spots are the most obvious example.
>>
>>8171261
I keep an open mind at all cost. Id be lying if I said it works 100% of the time, and since the law is structured in a way that makes you take the blame for every time it doesnt work, I have to admit it might have been my own impatience and failure to be faithful to the state of the wish fulfilled - that hindered the manifestation.

I did will some events into being. Beyond coincidence. So blatantly beyond it.

There is a power in each of us, it operates differently to our reason and logic tools.
>>
>>8171261
and its not just a behavioral trick of psychology.

It is literal reality manipulation via mind states.

But it requires to dissociate from external world and redefine reality, and sometimes Im scared of doing that. (not to go crazy - even if the probability is slim I guess)
>>
>>8171270
>>8171272
Everything is mediated through our own actions unless reality is a figment of our imagination entirely. But I do think that thought patterns -> our own actions -> desired outcomes. I'd be interested in a loose explanation of what the "technique" actually consists of to read when I wake up.
>>
>>8171281
>thought patterns -> our own actions -> desired outcomes

Of course, thats logical and it'd be stupid to say otherwise, every action is either reflex or springing from thought.

You can always draw the line from mind state to result/manifestation.

But, sometimes there is so little substantial interaction between you and the world (if we dont count being in a mind state as action) that only plausible explanation is that indeed you - by occupying a certain state of mind willed an event without knowingly acting the usual acts involved in its fulfillment.

The difference is in
a) going outside to buy a loaf of bread, AND b) being in a state of already having a loaf of bread.

After some minutes a friend might call you and ask to visit - an when he comes - he has with him a loaf of bread.

True LOA is indirect action, you withdraw from ''reality'' and superimpose your imagination as truly real.

And observe how ''reality'' bends to accommodate your imagined situation.

Best book I've read was by Neville Goddard - Power of Awareness.
There's a pdf online for free.

Put it short - the method of manifestation is:

Disregard your present situation and circumstance, enter in a relaxed state (sit undisturbed), and imagine that NOW you are having the thing/person you want to have. You must allow yourself the most ideal situation to unfold, because ideals give rise to most powerful emotions. If you want something you mustnt downplay it to what you'd call ''realistic'' expectations, you must allow yourself to imagine the FULL manifestation right NOW.

And then you focus on the feeling of it, since feeling is actually a vibration of our consciousness.
And if you keep doing that the feeling will become natural and soon you will feel like that all the time. then, by LOA the universe will change itself like a mirror, to mirror the new feeling,vibration, in new reality.

What you will observe after entering the ideal state for the first time is - synchronicities.
>>
>>8171300
synchronicities are subtle signs rising upon entering in your ideal state. Signs of new reality, of new reflection spreading in your world.

I even did some experiments where I lived few days in certain states of mind, and every state of mind brought me different ppl, different situations.

In state A I found myself surrounded and ''bumping into'' more of the certain type of ppl

In state B I found I happen to bump into certain friends more.

I went on my first date thanks to practicing these techniques, so it worked for me, I even kept bumping into that girl on weird occasions.

It didnt last long, I lost that state and soon I didnt see her at all compared to before when we seemed to have bumped on each other often. (we weren't a pair after all, she smoked and I hate that)

We can choose which state of mind to occupy. Each state bring with itself a complement reflection in our reality. Reality is as much solid as we allow it to be with our state. Tomorrow you could be complete, but few ppl allow themselves overnight manifestation. The power we have can be scary believe me. Sometimes its easier to lull yourself back into the dream of powerlessness.

I also observed the effects get stronger if you are with a friend or sibling who is into this. I had a friend with whom I had tons of synchronicities every day. We met eachother by ''chance'' more than we did if we had scheduled to have a drink or whatever. We were very close vibration.
>>
>>8171300
>every action is reflex or springing from thought
Stopped reading.

>>>/x/
>>
>>8171323
This entire thread >>>/x/
>>
>>8171323
Im open to you giving me example of action, human action that isnt first thought of, or that isn't a reflex.

I would really like an example, not an attempt at insults.
>>
>>8171334
Not defining that every action which cause was not a thought, is a reflex.
>>>/x/
>>
>>8171348
what the fuck? Can you word that differently so it makes sense?

Just gimme example I asked for or gtfo.
>>
>>8171359
>being this dumb
kek
Do you know what is subconsciousness?

If you are gonna make assumptions on pseudoscience at least explain it well.

>>>/x/
>>
>>8171300
>>8171321
>But, sometimes there is so little substantial interaction between you and the world
That you recognize.

>After some minutes a friend might call you and ask to visit - an when he comes - he has with him a loaf of bread.
I hear stories like this all the time as proof of the Christian God. If your flavor of faith works just as well, what is to say you aren't deluding yourself equally about its power?
>>it would be weirder if nothing weird ever happened

>If you want something you mustnt downplay it to what you'd call ''realistic'' expectations,
Surely there is a boundary of realism -- you don't expect to manifest yourself to Andromeda. I would suggest more accurate is, do not limit what is realistic based on your preconceptions about yourself.

>And if you keep doing that the feeling will become natural and soon you will feel like that all the time. then, by LOA the universe will change itself like a mirror, to mirror the new feeling,vibration, in new reality.
Alternatively, the faith in the reality you want being a realistic possibility, and the confidence you have towards it, cause you to make many more choices towards realizing what you want than you are aware of.

>synchronicities are subtle signs rising upon entering in your ideal state. Signs of new reality, of new reflection spreading in your world.
Humans are pattern-recognition machines. This is why we have invented so many religions. We are desperate for explanation, so much that we'll take a shit explanation and run with it if we don't have a better explanation available.

>I even did some experiments where I lived few days in certain states of mind, and every state of mind brought me different ppl, different situations.
This fits perfectly with changing your attitude towards the world.

>I even kept bumping into that girl on weird occasions.
"Small world" -- we are constantly surprised by things that should not be surprising, mostly because we tell ourselves not to expect them.
>>
>>8171300
>>8171321
>I also observed the effects get stronger if you are with a friend or sibling who is into this.
Confirmation bias.

Thanks for the book title, it seems a short read so I'll try to go through it sometime out of curiosity. As I said, I think thought patterns play an important role, but through your subconscious and conscious influencing your behavior and actions. It is extremely easy for us to fool ourselves that we've witnessed something special or supernatural. We live through memory, and our memory is subject to error. Hours of waiting/suffering seem like minutes when an end to it does come.

I suggest you challenge your beliefs -- it does not mean giving up the practice that you find effective entirely, simply questioning what is really going on. Besides, a better understanding of it would allow you to make better use of it, and not scare yourself with "the power".
>>
Why is this meme thread still alive?
>>
>>8169859
It works for the same reason that when I do a tarot card reading I think it works. I determine a question and the cards are laid out all by chance, I then interpret the cards in the context of my question. The way I view each card and it's interactions gives me a clearer view of what it is I am thinking and how I view my future proceeding. They do not give me the ability to see the future but it gives me a tool to learn what I am like int he present and what I think shaped it. Back to the law of attraction, if you constantly think about and strive for something you will be more likely to get it. That's it. You think about how much you want that bike every day the likelihood you get it will increase as you save money and tell friends or family who may think it'd be a good gift based on how passionate you are about it. The law of attraction is just a way to keep a goal in mind and the more you think about the more you subconsciously alter your interactions in an attempt to fulfill it. Nothing magical.
>>
>>8169859
>>>/x/
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.