[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: thisguyslapsyourgfsass.jpg (111 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
thisguyslapsyourgfsass.jpg
111 KB, 600x428
Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong. At what stage does preventing the birth of a child become ok?

Is using the morning after pill ok?

What about condoms?

Is masturbation ok? That glob of semen you leaked onto your moms kitchen tile floor has sperm in it which could have fertilized an egg.

What about doing nothing? The sperm in your body dies after 2 and a half months, that's wasted potential too.

How about an egg cell that's discarded before it's fertilized?

Please don't use "muh fingernails" or "but it haz a hart!!1!!" as an argument. All of the above methods would create a life just the same as the sea monkey growing in a womb.
>>
>>7662975
but anon, abortion IS morally wrong
the legalization is just a pragmatic necessity in order for the society to have a control over it, since it obviously existed since forver
>>
>>7662975
You forgot IUD.
>>
>>7662975
>Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong
Ok.

>Is using the morning after pill ok?
Grey area, leaning towards no.

>What about condoms?
Effectively the same as masturbation, see next answer.

>Is masturbation ok? That glob of semen you leaked onto your moms kitchen tile floor has sperm in it which could have fertilized an egg.

This is terrible argument and you know it.

>What about doing nothing? The sperm in your body dies after 2 and a half months, that's wasted potential too.
>How about an egg cell that's discarded before it's fertilized?

Now you're trying to argue that the body's natural processes are morally wrong, as opposed to an artificial abortion.

0/10. See me after class.
>>
>>7662995
I'm coming from the frame of mind that the Right in America uses, that All Life is Precious.
>>
>>7662999
Yes, and?

No matter what /pol/iticians/idiots say, it does not change the underlying science. Masturbation is no more wrong morally because you easily replace what was lost after 10-15 minutes, albeit somewhat lessened than before until a longer rest is obtained. And I don't care if you're the Pope himself, if you label the body's natural processes as morally reprehensible then you are a moron and no one should listen to you ever.

Bottom line: Keep politics out of /sci/.
>>
>>7662975
line is drawn at conception
sage all fields
>>
>>7663013
/sci/ is logical, I'm trying to keep politics out, I'm legitimately curious to peoples views
>>
>>7662975
>Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong. At what stage does preventing the birth of a child become ok?
You can derive any conclusion from a false premise, so all answers are valid. It's like asking "Let's assume unicorns exist. What color are they?"
>>
>>7663019
This is politics. It's pointless. The only "logic" to be applied here is the obvious >>7663022. If abortion is morally wrong, then it's morally wrong to abort (this means even day after pill).

D U H

But moral isn't objective. Keep politics out of /sci/
>>
Morals aren't /sci/. Call me when you want to talk about ethics. Although that's probably more /lit/'s bag.
>>
>>7663022
>>7663025

/lit/ literally BTFO
>>
>>7662975
Assuming I am a woman.
Why does it matter? This baby is inside of ME. It is MINE. What if I dont want something feeding off MY body. I have all the right in the world to remove the parasite.

Not unless, this parasite has more rights than I? And by "law" it is allowed to feed off me freely and cause possible harm?
>>
>>7663045
>the right
discussions about rights and laws don't belong here, please stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>7663045
But it IS the nature of most human societies to give children more rights of security (though less rights of freedom) than adults.
>>
File: 1446457000039.jpg (24 KB, 313x352) Image search: [Google]
1446457000039.jpg
24 KB, 313x352
>Is using the morning after pill ok?
Nope. Unhealthy.
>What about condoms?
Nope. Fornication is bad for order and culture.
>Is masturbation ok?
Nope. Simulation of fornication, bad for the nation. Unhealthy, drug addict mindset.
>What about doing nothing?
Yes. The sperm is naturally recycled.
>How about an egg cell that's discarded before it's fertilized?
Yes. Perfectly natural.

>At what stage does preventing the birth of a child become ok?
At the moment you decide not to have sex, just like nature intended.
>>
>>7663047
i was being sarcastic about the "rights and laws"
with the intention of swatting away silly political replies

you couldn't tell by me calling it a parasite?
>>
>>7663041
What does this have to do with /lit/?
>>
>>7663025
>>7663037
So is there any scientific reason why killing babies is something bad?
>>
>>7662975
>would create a life
but there isnt a life. that's the whole point.. preventing pregnancy is not the same as discarding a pregnancy
>>
When the baby can't survive outside the womb, it shouldn't be killed. Prior to that, its an extension of its mother, not unlike a tumor, and thus its at the parent's discretion to remove it or come to term.

Happy op?
>>
>>7663187
"Bad in and of itself" is not really a scientific concept. There are plenty of things it's "bad for", though. And some things it's good for.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.