[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What scientific evidence is there for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: _8649184_orig.png (448 KB, 1020x767) Image search: [Google]
_8649184_orig.png
448 KB, 1020x767
What scientific evidence is there for this?
>>
>>7662770
Clinical trials.
>>
>>7662773
What kind of intelligences do you need to execute clinical trials competently?
>>
>>7662770

The evidence indicates that there are high correlations between the different 'types' of intelligence; people who are good at math are often good at spatial reasoning and given the proper resources can learn to write better than the average pleb. This is just a wishy-washy theory to make proles think they're smart.

Life isn't a fucking RPG where everyone gets the same amount of points to distribute, some people are just bad at most things because their neurons myelinate and repair slower and some people are good at most things.
>>
>>7662778
Then why do math majors have shit social skills?
>>
>>7662787
Nature and Nuture

The genetic combinations of brain chemistry and construction which make you good at math and physics, also have a tendency to make you shit at dealing with people.

Couple that with the generalized bullying people who excel in school receive, which boils down to "you are smart and different, therefore we will expel you from the group" stunts the socialization of a particular group of people.

Of course that isn't universal, and there are plenty of math and physics majors who are gregarious people as well.
>>
>>7662787

Confounding from Autism Spectrum Disorders. Being smart doesn't make you socially retarded in itself, but many socially retarded people happen to be obsessed with math.
>>
>>7662795
>>The genetic combinations of brain chemistry and construction which make you good at math and physics, also have a tendency to make you shit at dealing with people.
lol get the fuck outta here with your bullshit pseudo science

i'm much more inclined to believe it's just nurture
>>
>>7662787
Lack of practice socializing

Why would non-retards want to discuss anything with retards?
>>
>>7662807
to improve their social skills and not be such autistic virgins? if you weren't a shut in you'd know le intelligence doesn't really matter in a casual, friendly conversation, and it's just about social skills
>>
>>7662807
>lack of practice

This. I think allot of "socially retarded" people are just people who didn't have allot of social interaction growing up. They lack practice, they missed like key milestones in social development you know?

Could be because of unusual circumstances, maybe you have a family that moved allot, maybe your family was over protective, maybe you were just more interested in doing other things, maybe you had a bad experience early on that made you hesitant to socialize, whatever the case I'm pretty confident that most autistic adults are just people who didn't have normal social development as a child and when you mess up at the start like that its really hard to catch up.

This is why advice like "just be yourself!" And "just go talk to her!" Upsets spergs so much, its hard to know how to do those things if you've never practiced them, if you were staying home doing math problems rather than going to parties. Normie's have actually practiced it a ton but don't realize it, to them it was just growing up and being a normal kid.
>>
>>7662770

Nothing, it's for idiots to feel intelligent.
>>
>>7662843
I'm really good at mimicry now. Needed to get laid eventually and just did what I saw was working for others. If your smart you should be able to replicate social interactions easily.

The only reason you wouldn't is because you really are the pussy people are telling you that you are for not talking to people and branching out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.