[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>elementary geometry >differential geometry >algebraic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1464788753315.jpg (21 KB, 450x446) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464788753315.jpg
21 KB, 450x446
>elementary geometry
>differential geometry
>algebraic geometry
>algebraic topology
>discrete geometry
>p-adic geometry
>stochastic geometry

What other types of geometry are there and how do I go about learning them? What is the most general theory of geometry encompassing most of the above or even more?
>>
combinatorial geometry is the hardest...
You can spend your life making up theories for your cute special cases, but combinatorics will ever be the only true field of math that can't be tamed by some meme theory by itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-GTDoRf0Gs
>>
>>8140130
"differential geometry" is fairly broad
so
>Riemannian geometry
>Geometry of Bundles
>Symplectic geometry
>Complex geometry
>etc.

You said >algebraic topology
That is not geometry. Hence the name "topology".
Also there is
>arithmetic geometry
>non-commutative geometry (from both algebraic and differential perspectives)
>>
Can someone PLEASE post a picture depicting an object from non-commutative geometry?
Is non-commutative geometry basically the same as anabelian geometry?
>>
>>8140134
where's the combinatorics in there...it just seems to be geometry and analysis
>>
>>8140233
>How many X are needed to cover Y
that's the combinatorics
>>
>>8140216
[math]\left( {\mathcal{A},\mathcal{H},D} \right)[/math]
>>
>>8140130
inter-universal geometry is the most general theory to date
>>
>>8140235
yeah but he doesn't use any combinatorics to solve the problem...

The problem IS a comb. problem but if you're just using analysis to solve it then you're basically doing analysis. If I don't see n! somewhere then I don't consider this combinatorial.
>>
>>8140387
Is there something combinatorial about circles and triangles since the factorial appears in the Taylor series for trig functions?
>>
>>8140387
damn you're stupid
>>
CTMU is clearly the most general and profound geometric theory to date.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.