[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good resources for learning professional tier robotics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2016-06-04+at+08.07.39).jpg (207 KB, 616x1048) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-04+at+08.07.39).jpg
207 KB, 616x1048
What are some good resources for learning professional tier robotics and shit online /sci/?

It's always been obvious the direction robotics are going in, but I wanna get ahead while I still can.

What is the robotics bible?
>>
>>8121464
* Russell and Norvig Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach (3rd Edition)
* Brogan, William L. Modern Control Theory, 3rd Ed.
* H. Choset, K. M. Lynch, S. Hutchinson, G. A. Kantor, W. Burgard, L. E. Kavraki, and S. Thrun Principles of Robot Motion: Theory, Algorithms, and Implementations (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents series).
* Craig, John J Introduction to robotics: mechanics and control, 3rd ed.
* Spong, Mark W., Hutchinson, Seth and Vidyasagar, M. Robot Modeling and Control
* Murray, Richard M., Li, Zexiang and Sastry, S. Shankar, A Mathematical Introduction to Robotic Manipulation
* Forsythe and Ponce Computer Vision: A Modern Approach (2nd Ed)
* Hartley and Zisserman Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision
* Khalil Nonlinear Systems
* Arkin Behavior-Based Robotics
* Robin Murphy Introduction to AI Robotics
* Bekey Autonomous Robots
* Siegwart Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots
* Sebastian Thrun Probabilistic Robotics
* Wasserman All of Statistics
* Bishop Pattern Recognition and ML
* Koller & Friedman Probabilistic Graphical Models
* Sciavicco and Siciliano Robotics: Modelling, Planning and Control (Advanced Textbooks in Control and Signal Processing)
* Siciliano and Khatib Springer Handbook of Robotics

Also check out Udacity (cofounded by the Thrun mentioned above) and Coursera
>>
>>8121464
that article rustles my jimmies very hard

the whole point is not to have to work anymore, or the least amount
>>
>>8121470

Wow, thank you dude. I will not take this for granted.
>>
>>8121471
It occurred to me that if I could invent a machine – a gun – which could by its rapidity of fire, enable one man to do as much battle duty as a hundred, that it would, to a large extent supersede the necessity of large armies, and consequently, exposure to battle and disease [would] be greatly diminished

we could stop working tomorrow if we wanted to, we have so much wealth, sadly it is not distributed more evenly.
work is like gas, it will always fill your life. E.g. On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs
>>
>>8121509
I guess it does. But it surely would feel better if you were relieved of all the pressure.
Like I genuinely like researching and discovering stuff, no one forced me to go into scientific fields.
But when you realize you have constraints and that you need to survive, it becomes much less fun.
I like the idea of unconditional revenue that allows you to live, and that allows you to have the activity of your choice.
>>
>>8121471
I don't understand why people insist this is a problem. This was the ultimate goal of everything we had been doing over the course of millennia, really, all the way up to this very day when it is finally about to be realized.
>>
>>8121535
I know it is a problem in the current system where people who have money hold the power and will not share. They would just keep making more money while the rest get poorer.
The only way this works out well is if everything is shared to some extent.
I think this will be hard to instill in people's minds because they will only say "the commies are back and they want to take my right to work hard". Truly a slave's state of mind
>>
>>8121524
there is always some kind of pressure, you can't just funpost all day

>>8121535
>This was the ultimate goal of everything we had been doing over the course of millennia, really, all the way up to this very day when it is finally about to be realized.

some wishful thinking there. We are far from peak jobs.
>>
>>8121524
This so much

If we had universal basic income I would do exactly what I'm doing right now, just without that thought back in my mind
>if you get fired you will starve to death :^)
>>
>>8121535
Because it is inherently incompatible with capitalism. When robots do all the work, then the wealth needs to be distributed with some sort of communist system.
>>
>>8121557
I feel people claiming this a bit dishonest. I don't really have any money to my name (living on my savings, no welfare) and still contemplating work. UBI would be a huge negative incentive and a net loss
>>
>>8121565
Not at all. Capitalism is using slaves such as wagecucks and how usa abuse the economic reprsssion of china to use their workers and pay them shit salary. With robots, nobody suffers. Robots work perfectly on a massive scale and provide to everyone.

Just make sure they dont get sentient. Coz then were fucked
>>
>>8121573
This wasn't a moral judgement, just a statement of fact.

People who profit from capitalism obviously don't want it to be replaced. There wouldn't be any rich people anymore and rich people don't like that prospect. If the state owns all the robots who produce everything, then every citizen would have the same state-paid income.
>>
>>8121571
Maybe it's only me, but I'm completely honest about that: I think that I would work better and be more productive if not subject to survival stress.

You also have to realize that UBI would only cover basic necessities: to buy a car, a computer, or to have the money to travel you will still need to work.
>>
the sooner robots take our jobs, the better. Even further into the future we maybe the robots.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.