[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we forestall the breakdown of the neurons in our brains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: md.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
md.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
How can we forestall the breakdown of the neurons in our brains? How can we escape the inevitable closure, stagnancy, or infinitely accelerating expansion of the universe?
>>
Death and destruction are beautiful things because
1. without things going away, time with them now wouldn't be as precious
2. coming to terms with impermanence is an experience i wouldn't ever want to take away from someone else; i used to think i'd never come to respect it, even promoting transhumanism [no, not that trans] with religious fervor; in the end i saw that all things, including the bad [and the good] must come to an end, and there is beauty it in... you don't see it until you get sick of the bad and wish the good to rest [with the rest of resting existance]
>>
>>8120388
Death and destruction is nice when it's the death and destruction of things that would lead to your own death and destruction, otherwise, it's to be avoided.

The first is a tired point.

It's sour grapes. Living forever seems unlikely, so people make up ways in which living temporarily is better. I'd bet they'd forget their arguments were the grapes ever to fall.

Better to be like Durandal or Roy Batty. What fun they had trying to escape death!
>>
I don't know, we have a lot of universes and big bangs and heat deaths to figure that out.
>>
I'm pretty sure there's no way to metaphorically punch entropy in the dick. The best you could do would be a freezing a copy of your neurons, and then replacing them whenever they begin to breakdown. Though that would leave you stuck in the same loop I would assume.
>>
marathon durandal
>>
>>8120388
You can only say that because we are carbon based. Living beings which can modify themselves genetically will not need death.
>>
>>8120371
Physical exercise, academic stimulation and social stiumlation will slow down neuron death more than anything else and in that order. Also in terms of physical exercise, cardio is considered the best at this effect followed by HIIT and strength training shows little to no effect.
>>
>>8120371
>How can we forestall the breakdown of the neurons in our brains?

Freeze yo self. Unfortunately this also results in death unless your an embryo. Which is human I guess. So human freezing is a routine thing.

Are stem cell researchers the most successful mass murders not in control of a nation?
>>
>>8120371
>How can we forestall the breakdown of the neurons in our brains?

Antioxidant-rich diet
Eat lots of emu meatballs and activated almonds.
>>
>>8120956
How do I activate almonds?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.