[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys know what an average weekend is like for a normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Weekend-Loading[1].png (102 KB, 482x283) Image search: [Google]
Weekend-Loading[1].png
102 KB, 482x283
Do you guys know what an average weekend is like for a normal person? Not just at night when they usually go out to bars or whatever but like, a normal Saturday and Sunday afternoon
>>
this applies for most young professionals out of school and with a 9 to 5 job monday through friday.

>friday afternoon
>get out of work
>check phone
>0-10 messages
>possible invites to happy hour, birthday gatherings, "X friend is in town for the weekend, help me show them a good time" type of gatherings, etc
>if nothing seems attractive, ignore
>either go home alone, go hang out with roommates, or go see gf/bf and hang out in a private setting
>if you go for one of the invites, go home, shower, head out, hit the bar/house for pregame until 10:30 then head out to a club/lounge and dance/chill until 2am, then go home or go to someone else's house to keep it going until 4 or 5am and pass out in someone's couch

>saturday morning
>wake up
>if not at home, gather stuff, find a ride home, and sleep through the afternoon
>if home, wake up refreshed, have breakfast, maybe work out if it's in the routine
>check phone and facebook, see if any invites for any bbq's, day birthday parties, pool parties, sport watching events, etc
>if nothing catches your attention, message friends about previous night and see if anyone wants to hang out, watch a movie, etc something easy to relax from the loud night
>if you find something fun, shower, get dressed, buy a bottle of alcohol suitable for the occasion, and then go
>saturday 7pm
>getting hungry, depending on your situation you may be home, so cook, or at someone's event, so eat their food, or out with friends, so find a restaurant
>if spirits are up, go out to a bar/lounge/club again with friends and repeat friday night's evening
>if tired from previous night, head home by 10pm and sleep browsing facebook, nyt, reddit, etc
>>
>>28724429
>sunday morning
>>if not at home, gather stuff, find a ride home, and sleep through the afternoon
>if home, wake up refreshed, have breakfast, maybe work out if it's in the routine
>some events may be going on that day, sunday is the day most normies play sports so maybe hit up your football/rugby/soccer/basketball crew and play for a couple hours
>in the afternoon, take it easy, you have to work tomorrow and don't want to deal with
>maybe another bbq if it's worth going, or just go home and clean, do some chores
>sleep early
>if in a relationship, watch netflix
>if single, probably browse facebook, reddit, youtube feed, news paper websites, etc.
>go to sleep by 11pm
>>
>>28724429

>this is better to normies than being on the computer or gaming or watching things or reading or wanking all night

am I even the same race as normies?
>>
Normans are a lot like us, but they do a lot of their socialization in person rather than a Cantonese toad-enthusiast forum. Most have the same patterns of self-abuse, self-medication, and depression, but the normies you see on Facebook only show the bright, happy portions of their lives.
>>
>>28724176

Normies generally don't do anything during the day unless it's watching sports either at the arena or on tv, it's all about the "going out" friday and saturday night because this is what they believe fun is
>>
>>28724495
Not all "normies" do exactly this. Different people have different wants and needs. Most people have something somewhere between what you described and a "NEET weekend".
>>
>>28724495
The anon only said "most." I'm a normie but tend towards staying in, very rarely go out for any reason. It's a spectrum.
>>
>>28724176
I'm sitting at home robot my gf is falling asleep and I'm like drunk but I have to wake up early in the morning to go to the university damn
>>
>>28724429
>>28724461
Forgo to mention, if you are going out, depending on the setting you would spend anywhere between $5 and $300, depending on your self control and the places you can afford.

regular bar
>$20 in beer, cocktails, tip, no appetizer unless you don't drink much and can get $6 chicken wings or something

nicer restaurant bar
>$40 for the same things

club/lounge
>$20-40 cover fee
>$50+ for the items mentioned above
>$100+ bottle service
>$50+ if you drunkenly invite a round of shots to your party of 5+
>$30+ hookah

nicer club/lounge
>either 50+ cover fee or free because you're on a list (birthday party, or you/your friend knows the DJ or promoter, etc)
>$10 tap beer, $17 cocktails, $12 glasses of wine, no food usually, $12 shots
>$120 hookah
>$500+ bottle service

Of course, these prices are highly anecdotal and in the US DC/NOVA area. NYC would be higher, south american cities would be on par or just below the price for similar items which seems like a good deal with your US paycheck but out of range for a lot of the locals, and also you'd have to pay extra for american brands of alcohol.
Like someone else mentioned, these aren't most weekend for normies, maybe once or twice a month. I remember doing something like this 5 weeks in a row because birthdays, graduations, st patricks day, etc all lined up and they were each "too big to miss" and felt super burned out by the end that I didn't go out again for a couple months. Some normies thrive off this more, but that's usually the single ones with single friends. If you are in a relationship, you show up to half of them, and leave by 11pm.
>>
>>28725513
how do you know all that stuff? are you an old normie?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.