[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize all your problems in life resulted from having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1449874809359.jpg (156 KB, 932x680) Image search: [Google]
1449874809359.jpg
156 KB, 932x680
>tfw you realize all your problems in life resulted from having low self esteem

When I was a kid I was confident as fuck but then my dad started shouting at me for every mistake I made

Sounds stupid now but at the time I was terrified of him after that and I haven't recovered, how do I fix this stupid shit?
>>
OP, I think you're more in tune with your emotions than anyone else.
I know you're in the best position to manage them.

Figure out what actions cause your mind to tilt toward negative or lulls, and which tilt it toward positive or confidence. And then of course, being moderate and sensible, do those things that allow you to live well and feel more better than less. And recognize you'll go back and forth, accept it, and it'll be alright. The race is long and in the end it's only with yourself. Don't compare your self-esteem to the average person's. Compare it to the you of yesterday and work to make it better, little by little.
>>
>>28723180
I understand that basic feel. My parents were old school and believed in obedience above all else: I was a great kid in the way people consider a dog to be a good dog; always doing what it's told and staying quiet and out of the way. Now I have to constantly make conscientious efforts to not get stepped on and taken advantage of by literally everybody I have to interact with...shit sucks man.

I also have this super shitty hipster-tier need to be original as possible, even to a fault because I wasn't allowed to believe I had my own thoughts as a kid either: "You only think/said that because _________ said that."

My parents really meant well, but I don't think they forsaw that backfiring like it did.
>>
>>28723180
I have a buddy with the exact same problem. You just have to keep restraining those feelings that make you feel inadequate.
>>
You have low self esteem for a reason, you're a "low" person. Self esteem is built, good looking people have a lot of it because they have had positive experiences over time.
>>
>>28724464
Please explain further. I get the gist but what would ... OP have to do to build self esteem? Is it a genetic smoke kind of thing?

What if you can't do the genetic smoke?
>>
File: genesmoke.png (2 MB, 1920x9320) Image search: [Google]
genesmoke.png
2 MB, 1920x9320
>>28724525

Gene smoke is a term from a short story written by Miracle Jones. I've read it a couple years ago but it stuck with me. I believe it's highly related to this thread.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.