[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> 24 > Never had driver's license > Finally muster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: drivers-ed-car.jpg (12 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
drivers-ed-car.jpg
12 KB, 242x208
> 24
> Never had driver's license
> Finally muster up the courage to go get my permit
> Waiting in line at DMV with my mom (she had to renew her license)
> Bump into three people I went to high school with, and one person I work with
> Make up some BS about having to "sort an ID issue out"
> Pass by one of the people I saw on the way to the testing building; hear one of them say "what the fuck?" to his friend
> Be in the testing room
> Nothing but 16-18 year olds; all of them looking at me, some even chuckling
> Can only focus on being an anxious fuckwit during the written test
> Fail the written test
> Proctor/supervisor looks at me with pity

This is the shit nightmares are made of. -_-
>>
>>28718315
How the fuck do people have a problem driving? It's the easiest thing ever.
>>
Wow I guess it's really true, flyover country type places must really suck for shit like that.
I only recently started hearing that it's weird that I don't have a license, and that people in those small towns and stuff normally get licenses and start driving around as young as 14.

I live in the city and don't have a license, and like only 2 or 3 people in my "friend group" from highschool have licenses. My mom doesn't even have a license.
I took a couple driving lessons last summer though, my mom wants me to get a license, but it's like like we have or can afford a car anyway so I don't care.

> Pass by one of the people I saw on the way to the testing building; hear one of them say "what the fuck?" to his friend
Yeah, I think you're being too paranoid here. In fact, the whole thing sounds kinda like it's just you being insecure tbqh. Don't let it get to you anon.
>>
>>28718315
I hate to break it to you, but the world doesn't revolve around you. No one gives a shit about you, specifically that you don't have your license.
>>
>>28718460

Not OP but similar situation.

I've always been terrible at driving, even vidya with a wheel instead of a controller. It's just not intuitive to me. Combine that with the fact that you're controlling a huge metal deathtrap a few feet away from other deathtraps, and anxiety kicks in.

The social aspect gets you too. Pretty much everyone you'll see has been driving since 16, and here I am struggling years later. It's pretty pathetic and if you don't live in a city (some lucky fucks do) people notice when you're constantly waiting/asking for rides, or taking the bus everywhere.

I mean, fuck, was everyone just born being able to drive except me? I know that's completely illogical but that's what it feels like sometimes. They can get so judgmental about it, as if you don't know how to walk or tie your shoes.

I'll repeat, I know this is my anxieties talking, and "it's harrrrd" is never a good excuse. But, well, it's harder for some, and they don't get a lot of sympathy.

>>28718315

Did you study the manual before the written test? Sometimes they pull out really obscure (to a non-driver) shit. But it's mostly easy; just pay attention to what other drivers do. Good luck, OP
>>
Got my driving license this year at age 20, age minimum is 18 in norway and I still got mocked for being late. I was about to piss my pants every time I had a lesson, holy shit worst time of my life. Failed the driving test once but nailed it the next time, fucking glad its over desu.
>>
got my license at 30 y.o. didn't give a shit, driving without any problems (got caught speeding once tho)
>>
>>28718315
That's why I did it right when I turned 18. So I wouldn't have to be bothered with it in the future. I don't even have a car now.
>>
>>28718689

fucking hell mate are you me?

I took one lesson and I was frozen with fear the whole time, I'm 27 this year, still only have my learners permit

>I mean, fuck, was everyone just born being able to drive except me? I know that's completely illogical but that's what it feels like sometimes. They can get so judgmental about it, as if you don't know how to walk or tie your shoes.
>I'll repeat, I know this is my anxieties talking, and "it's harrrrd" is never a good excuse. But, well, it's harder for some, and they don't get a lot of sympathy.

this bullshit right here, you get shit on so fucking hard like you are some leper retard
>>
Driving is so easy though. You shouldn't even complain considering that most cars are automatic transmission. I had to learn on stick and drivers Ed completely drove me away from auto. I'm 23 and still get my temps renewed each year because my state has mandatory insurance laws.

Can't you motor uncoordinated fags bitch about no gf? It's your place to belong.
>>
>>28718315
Don't feel bad anon. I failed my driving test earlier this year. Chimped out at the sandnigger and almost ran him over. Guy thought I was gonna go full adam lanza on the DMV...
>>
File: Foss_Lake_Cars_Recovered.jpg (59 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
Foss_Lake_Cars_Recovered.jpg
59 KB, 624x351
>>28718315
>all of them looking at me, some even chuckling
Doubt it unless you make yourself look older.
>Failing the written test
Wow
anon
wow
just
seriously...
really?
Who the fuck fails the written test?
>-_-
Perhaps you don't deserve to drive...

I got my license when I was 21. No one gave a fuck when I took the written test or seemed to have thought anything. Not that I gave a shit, I was in it to win it. Read the driving manual three times to be sure I remembered as much shit as possible. Aced it. Failed the written test once due to large gaps between practice sessions, developing the habit of doing rolling stops as well.
>>
>>28721906
>>28721906
>Failed the ROAD test once due to large gaps between practice sessions, developing the habit of doing rolling stops as well.
herp derpty derp fix'd fuck this I need to sleep
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.