[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /doesn't believe in god and evil but still wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Everything I love.png (91 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
Everything I love.png
91 KB, 1162x850
Who here /doesn't believe in god and evil but still wants to fight evil/ here?

Existentialist crisis desu. I want to devote myself to a higher cause but I can't stop myself from believing that nothing really matters.
>>
>>28700588
Lol I don't have anything against atheists. I just hate atheists that trick themselves into thinking their beliefs actually lead to a purpose because in the end they will die completely forgotten with everyone around them dies. Then the entire universe gets destroyed (blah blah science look it up). Everything that ever happened was forgotten and made no difference at all. This whole you only live once thing is stupid because no matter how happy you're life was it doesn't matter.
If you want to have a purpose do what most faggot relgious people do and trick yourself into faith
>>
>>28700660
Of course some consolation is that technically the Big Bang theory is impossible by the laws of physics without a God starting it all.
(a catholic person made the theory after all)
>>
>>28700660
Doesn't really work like that, fampai. I literally cannot believe in any religion. I dunno if something in me has broken to where I can't have faith, but I'm not tricking myself into atheism. Maybe I'll be able to later in life, and I actually really hope I do.
>>
>>28701250
Well I believe in you.
(I had that problem until I started reading a bunch of scientific articles, religious texts, and all the shmuck until I decided that For multiple reasons atheism is flawed.)
I never meant to say you were tricking yourself into believing in atheism just that atheism and nihilism are synonymous and people who can't understand that are stupid.
>>
>>28700588
Don't listen to any of these faggots, follow your dreams.
>>
>>28700588
I believe that something matters, I can feel it, just can't put a name on it yet.

>>28701250
Similar situation here, I have a sense that a higher power exists and I can even grasp the profound metaphorical and spiritual teachings in many religions and myths but I cannot believe in the metaphysical claims they assert. Like, I appreciate the myth of Christ's resurrection but when I go to Church I'm surrounded by people who believe a guy literally died and rose again three days later then flew up into heaven. Just can't handle it at that point.
>>
>>28701377
"you are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant"
- Harlan Ellison
I guess you're the real faggot here
>>
>>28701383
As a christian I can honestly say most christians are complete idiots. I mean the religion should attract the idiot demographic it just makes sense.
>>
>>28701431
I guess there's no way to get around what Harlan Ellison said. Other then not being a faggot and following your dreams regardless of what some autist on a chinese waterboard said.

F A G G O T
>>
>>28701454
So you don't believe in the resurrection? Pretty sure that's a prerequisite dude.
>>
File: derrida1.png (744 KB, 743x539) Image search: [Google]
derrida1.png
744 KB, 743x539
Same here. It's a horrible feeling.
>>
Put it this way. If religion is true, you can either go to heaven or hell, depending on what actions you did in life. If it doesnt exist, nothing happens. When you are an atheist and die, you dont know what is going to happen to you but you do risk hell for not believing in god. If you do believe in religion, if its not true, nothing happens to you anyways. I think its safe to say which of the two is better.
>>
>>28701539
To put it simply, there is no benefit to proclaiming yourself an athesist other than to stick to the religious establishment. Even when you do that, you make yourself look like a self entitled intellectual without any of the merit. A false sense of intellectual supperiority is what makes communities like Reddit so cancerous.
>>
File: pascal.png (389 KB, 732x1082) Image search: [Google]
pascal.png
389 KB, 732x1082
>>28701539
>>28701595
Are you Blaise Pascal?
>>
>>28701488
I do I just can understand why other christians can put a bad taste in your mouth
>>
>>28701539
Pascal's wager is retarded m8
>>
>>28701683
Yes.
>>28701723
No you are reddit boi
>>
>>28700588
the way I see it, God is the ultimate rrality at the final level of existence, and at literally every other level, God cannot be seen directly, only indirectly (through yourself).

So good and evil may exist, but ultimate good and evil does not. you have your angels and demons, but God himself isn't anywhere near us.

as a being made in it's image, your path is all up to you and nobody else, should you choose it. ehehehr or not that path leads to the ultimate reality remains to be seen.

my philosophy opens up alot of possibility, and makes me realize that I am alone in the multiverse, but there are those who are on the same path as I am... and that I need to be worthy of the quest.
>>
>>28701539
Most gods reportedly seem to be far more angry at you for believing in one of their competitors than not believing at all. Considering the huge amounts of different gods past and present, the chances of you getting it right are pretty fucking slim.

Pascals wager isn't an actual arguement anyway. Its the way kids think.
But what if there actually is a god you'll burn in hell and i'll go to heaven, nanananaan

A god may have created the universe, we can never know but if he did he sure as shit doesnt give a fuck about us, or anything else for that matter.

Course, seeing as we're all just clever animals who are going extinct eventually you might as well fool yourself, in the end nothing matters.
>>
>>28701792
This. Absolutely this.
>>28701865
Your fedora is on too tight today huh.
>>
>>28700588
you don't want to fight "evil", you want to fight.
>>
>>28701713
Well the belief in the literal resurrection is what puts the bad taste in my mouth, as well as the other metaphysics in the faith. Seems like you have to completely abandon your rational faculties to believe in that. I'm not a rationalist or a materialist but still, there's limits.
>>
File: 1461304482824.jpg (51 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
1461304482824.jpg
51 KB, 960x539
>>28701937
Normies are evil though.
>>
>>28701905
DAE FEDORA LMAO
DUDE FEDORA DUDE I FUCKING LOVE THIS MEME
SILLY ATHEIST
DAE REDDIT
DAE REDDIT xD xD xD xD xD
>>
>>28701988
Reddit tier posting at its finest.
I think you need to go back. This site isnt for you.
>>
>>28701969
everyone is evil to some degree anon.
>>
>>28701956

isn't it supposed to give christians hope in life after death?

I thought breaking the limits came with the package
>>
File: 1456333452641.jpg (69 KB, 820x688) Image search: [Google]
1456333452641.jpg
69 KB, 820x688
>>28701905
>someone says something you disagree with against a religion
>fedora

are you baiting, friend?
>>
File: 1463256185994.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1424) Image search: [Google]
1463256185994.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1424
>>28701937

Posting to let you know that you're right desu. Although there's an invisible sense of meaning to it when you think about beating people you think are objectively worth beating.
>>
>>28702151
Yea but at the end of the day Christianity is just one of the cults in the Roman Empire that won out in the end, it's the only reason people believe in it today.
>>
That game with the Diplomacy mod is perfect.
>>
>>28701539
i live in the moment i dont really care about the future and by extension i dont really care about heaven and hell
>>
>>28702196
yeah it's pretty relaxing.
>>
>>28702180
>posting tumblr frog
summer is here for sure
>>
>>28702455
irony has gone too far
>>
>>28701539
more complicated than that.

you go to hell if you believe in the wrong 'god' like in Islam
>>
>>28702527
Islam isnt real though. Christanity came first and even warned about false prophets.
>>
I pity those that can't comprehend the higher power. I guess I really am superior for being white.
>>
>>28702567
Judaism came first
>>
>>28701344
Yeah, I'm going into a career in science and I've heard God is easily found when you reach a certain point of understanding. Would you say reading up on philosophy helps too?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.