[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 25 years old and just quit my job making $9/hr. I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5
File: img-homer-simpson-work-1.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
img-homer-simpson-work-1.jpg
203 KB, 1024x768
I am 25 years old and just quit my job making $9/hr. I would like to get a real job that makes enough to get my own place to live and have disposable income. What do you guys know about computer networking certificates? Are they a waste or will it get me a job? I would like to work on a computer and not do manual labor but I don't know what to do. Id eventually like to get into programming but I need to start with something and computer networking/CISCO sounds like it would be easy.
>>
what did you do for $9/hr?
>>
>>28641586

worked at a car dealership as a parts bitch
>>
>>28641536
I work for the local water utilities making 13/hr fulltime. It's nothing glamorous and it's true I am very close to human feces on a semi-regular basis, but there's upward mobility and very little chance of ever being laid off or fired. In a few years I could easily be making twice as much, and it goes up from there of course. Once you're established in water utilities the power utilities might be easier to get into as well, power companies generally pay a lot more than water. They will make you work one hell of a lot harder, though, from what I hear. Half my day is spent driving around aimlessly in the company truck pretending I'm doing something so the supes don't see me standing still.
>>
File: 12312.gif (19 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
12312.gif
19 KB, 267x200
>>28641592
You're a moron. The turnover rate for car salesmen is so horrendous that almost all of them are willing to train current employees for the sales floor. They also invest billions collectively each year on sales training and coaching for their reps.

Had you asked to learn sales you would've been paid base rate (the $9 you were making) plus commission and bent over backwards to give you the training you needed. Within 6 months you would've people contacting you with other job opportunities.

Instead you quit your job and are now looking into computer certifications that either mean dick on your resume or cost thousands of dollars in formal classes to earn (which you clearly don't have because you peaked at $9/hr)

I look forward to seeing you in the electronics section at Walmart.
>>
File: 1453760716334.jpg (21 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1453760716334.jpg
21 KB, 250x243
just go to c0llege
>>
>>28642075
He said no manual labor
>>
File: tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>28642075

>implying I pay my mom rent
>>
File: 12 - GlSmKSZ.jpg (809 KB, 1958x1469) Image search: [Google]
12 - GlSmKSZ.jpg
809 KB, 1958x1469
>>28642101
Unless you count driving manual labor I say this still qualifies.
All the heavy lifting is done by the forklifts m8. And the store teaches you how to use 'em anyway so you're good.
I guess if you have trouble climbing on to the cab/moffet/trailer bed and winching down straps it could be difficult. The job is so chill tho. If you finish your deliveries early you can be "on stand by" for the rest of the day just fucking around. You can go back to the store or you can park somewhere and just wait until your time on the clock runs out. I finished with 3.5 hrs left today and just burned it up on my lunch/phone the rest of the day.

>>28642108
I didn't pay rent either from age 18-21 but I decided to give them that if only to help out for living expenses. Rent in cali for a BEDROOM is like 700 bucks m8.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.