[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How goes the job hunt, anon? >try to apply to stores near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1461244167781.jpg (34 KB, 376x461) Image search: [Google]
1461244167781.jpg
34 KB, 376x461
How goes the job hunt, anon?

>try to apply to stores near me
>either get told "DUDE APPLY ONLINE LMAO" or they aren't hiring
>apply online
>never hear back

Why are online applications even a thing? You literally can't defend this, it's like your application gets autotrashed.

I have even tried following up
>>
File: farmer_pepe.png (208 KB, 964x771) Image search: [Google]
farmer_pepe.png
208 KB, 964x771
I don't even bother with those types of online applications anymore. If there isn't an email where I can contact a real human with my resume and a message about myself I go to the next posting.

Last Thursday night I did something like that for an entry level job as a healthcare insurance analyst. The next morning the guy replied and scheduled an interview with me for next week. So much better than spending 90 minutes creating an account for some stupid website you will never visit again while taking a million surveys, then you either get an email 30 seconds later saying you aren't qualified or you never hear back at all.
>>
They literally don't want to hire anyone, they just want you in a database so that they can call you if they mess up and fire too many people who matter so they can feel like they fixed something.
Most postings are legally requried even when they have someone already in mind for the job. Usually, even if you get an interview they've already filled that position your interested in and are just going through the motions.
>>
>>28597500
I honestly just don't even bother if there is a online application, it's too much fucking work just to get autotrashed.

I need to update my resume and start using Craigslist, maybe I'll have better luck
>>
Literally every job I've ever had was by applying online and getting a response usually within the week, only took like 2-3 applications each time

You're probably fucking something up big time
>>
Also, don't just apply to random places. I mean, you can do that, but I usually take a look at the stores to see if they have a Now Hiring sign up. If you aren't a complete fuck-up and submit an online application, you're almost guaranteed to get it
>>
You gotta call them a week later, man. If you call them and try to set up an interview, as long as they are even considering hiring, you'll probably get one. Just try it.
>>
I go to a trade school for welding and my teacher actually asked me to work for him. i was pretty surprised, i thought i wasn't very good. I haven't started yet though, i'm pretty nervous. It's welding for pieces of f-35 jets
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.