[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the Brad Pitt rule work, /r9k/? Is it an actual thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Brad_Pitt_Fury_2014.jpg (701 KB, 994x1534) Image search: [Google]
Brad_Pitt_Fury_2014.jpg
701 KB, 994x1534
Does the Brad Pitt rule work, /r9k/? Is it an actual thing?

If so, I'm done with this shit. Think I'm just gonna join you guys and go full on robot.

Seriously, fuck this shit.
>>
I'll play, what's the rule?
>>
What's the rule?
>>
>>28637426
Here goes:
>call a girl to ask her out
>she says no
now, would she say no if you were Brad Pitt?
No, she wouldn't.

That first part is pretty dumb, but it's this part that's important:

>call girl to ask her out
>she says no
if she doesn't say something like:
>Sorry, anon, I can't, but I'm free (enter day here) if you wanna go out then
then you she isn't interested.

Essentially, if she just make an excuse (baby sitting or something) without giving another day, she's not interested and you should give up.
>>
I'll tell the story if anyones interested.
>>
>>28637625
This is just bullshit

Why dont you ask yourself?

Am i Brad Pitt?
>>
>>28637873
Well, that's the thing, I think the first part is stupid, but it's the second part I'm hung up on. Like I get where it comes from, but what if shes busy? What if she doesn't know when she'll be free? But then I don't wanna look like a tool either and keep chasing a girl who isn't interested.

And, no, I'm not even close to Brad Pitt. DESU, I'm kind of ugly, so I was just happy she even gave me the time of day,
>>
>>28637959
>mfw i have allways been handsome and atracted some girls but never had the balls to ask some girl out or express some feelings towards them...
>>
>>28637407
Devils advocate: What if the female you're asking out is not familiar with the fact that it is common courtesy to offer an alternative to a proposed meeting time? While such a rule could be useful for many females, there could be a large number that don't know that it is most courteous to suggest a different time.

Imo, the rule is pretty accurate, though there are a couple times where a female has offered to meet me somewhere on her own, later claiming there is a scheduling conflict, leaving me to come up with an alternative. What their motivations were are unknown to me, though, so they might have just been trying to get rid of me.
>>
>>28638073
Dude, you were born gifted with good looks. Just start talking to them. Find out their interests, and if they align with yours, use them.

It's what I did. Though I'm in this position now, so who knows.
>>
>>28638247
Fuck, now I'm super conflicted. I had completely given up this morning.

I just want to be at peace. What should I do, anons?
>>
>>28638247
That's not common courtesy. That's being a beta if you expect this from a chick.
>>
I try to balance the Brad Pitt rule with being a very obsessive/stalker type
As in, once you've proven to me you're interested, I just go insane for you
It hasn't worked
I would personally be fine if a girl was like that with me
>>
>>28637625
could someone who isnt an idiot explain this?

she said no the first time. why ask again?
>>
>>28638474
I think he's trying to say she's not interested in you unless she's legitimately too busy to go out on the date you requested.

I don't know why he has to go through all that brad pitt bullshit, or try to make a rule out of it. It's common sense, really.
>>
>>28637407
i have been told i look like a fat brad pit.
not sure how i feel about that though
>>
>>28638474
Oh come on anon... think.

If she wanted to go on a date with you in the first place, she would immediately offer to reschedule on her own, implying she was telling the truth about being busy then. If she says "no" and doesn't bring up another time, then shes making an excuse, time to give up and move on.
>>
>>28638688
Lose some weight, workout a little bit, get a good job, and you'll have pussy for days.

You should feel good. You're half way there. It's up to you to get the rest of it.
>>
>>28637625
That's not true. The idea is that if she was interested she'd be down for a date. It doesn't mean that it's over if she says no, she's not interested right now but she can be later.
>>
Alright guys. It's done. I give up. Now the question is, do I let her know? If so how?

Say hello to a new robot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.