[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Fired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 646x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 646x648
>show up late 19 times in past 3 months
>boss calls me to his office
>"I'm sorry, anon. I've warned you several times about your behavior. It's not fair to your coworkers to put this kind of stress on them. You're fired. You have til the end of the day to clear out your stuff"

Like a beta I actually waited til the end of the day. I ate lunch with my coworkers, telling them about it. I even helped one unload stock. One guy even said "See you tomorrow". Not sure if I didn't tell him or if it just slipped, but it felt kind of bittersweet.

This was 2 years ago. I haven't been employed since.
>>
1 have been fired from 6 jobs on the first day. I consider it a cosmic message
>>
I've never been fired, but I have quit.

When I was 20 I worked at Subway. One day I had enough, and just gave my boss my two weeks notice. After one week passed I came in on the weekend to check the schedule. I wasn't on it.

That was it, came back the next week to pick up my last check. My boss was busy, quickly gave it to me. The only guy up front was my replacement, so I just left.

I've worked as a night janitor ever since. Probably will never get fired or quit, but if I do, I'll post about it here.

It is still kind of upsetting I never got to say goodbye to my coworkers, one in particular. I thought we were kind of close but neither of us has tried to contact the other , so I guess not.
>>
>>28624031
This post has a great existential vibe to it. You could make a short movie out of it.
>>
I misread a situation once with one of my coworkers and rattled off a bunch of racist remarks around him, thinking he was an edgelord like myself.

He wasn't, and the faggot reported me. I didn't bother denying what happened. My boss said that that didn't have to be the official reason for getting fired, but yeah, he had to let me go because of it.

I guess he did me a favor. This was 10 years ago, and I was pretty oblivious as it was, so I didn't realize just what my boss was doing for me. If I had to tell my employers that today in this climate, I would never get hired again. But I can't leave a reference like that off my resume, even if it did end badly. Plus, it's too large a gap. Luckily, my boss was cool enough to just say I just sleep in a bunch of times. But I'm on top of that now!
>>
>>28623870
>show up late 19 times in past 3 months
why?
>>
>>28624164
Forgive my autism, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

If not, curious to hear more why you think so.
>>
>>28624197
Cause I'm a lazy faggot, and a NEET at heart.
>>
>>28624220
Not person you are responding to but it really shows the uncaring faceless of modern society and employment. You are just a total pawn, a replaceable cog of so little value you may as well not even exist at all.
>>
I have never been fired before. I'm actually still at my first job, though I have been promoted.

But when I was in 11th grade, I was in the poker team at school. I was caught cheating. The "coach" chewed me out, and suspended me for four games.

For the next game I was allowed to play in, I knew they'd be watching me closely. This only made me want to "beat the system" even more, cause I wanted to be like those edgy teen geniuses I saw on tv shows. Of course, they caught me cheating again. The "coach" reamed me out in front of everybody, and said I wasn't allowed to play on the team for the rest of high school.

I joined an amateur one that met at this creepy video store. I cheated there a few times. No one ever caught me.
>>
>>28624414
Not that anon, but it IS just a teenage burger job. Turnover is so high, you can't get close to those kids anyway. And skill is so low, that of course you're easily replaceable.

I'm sure in a more adult job, things would be different.
>>
>>28624220
It has this ultra-realism feel. The big story and emotion hiding under the plainness.
The bosses bruised ego who over-acts his disinterest in you like he had to do so many times before as self-protection.
Your loss of direction as well as your co-workers
I imagine the new guy staring at you with a scared look as you walk out.

It's kind of beautiful. The essence of "quitting a job" with a study of human behavior layer to it. The seemless triviality of the situation brings out the essence even more.
>>
Got fired because asshole co worker acted like a dad that emotionally abused his sons. Yelling for tiny mistakes and speed issues. Fuck them. Boss was great tho
>>
>>28623870
Never really been fired. I had a job at McDonalds that I just walked out on one day and never went back. I didn't even pick up my paycheck or return my uniform. The paycheck wouldn't have been that big anyway. I have a much better job now.
>>
>>28624463
>high school poker team

Kek. Also, you sound like a pos
>>
>implying most of us were able to get HIRED in the first place

Just kidding.

I worked at a Peter Piper Pizza until a few months ago. One day, I was chatting it up with my qtpa2t coworker, and, yes, following the advice of some retard on this board, I tried to kiss her.

She got freaked out, and reported me for sexual harassment (which I thought was a little much. Even if a repulsive black landwhale tried to kiss me I would just say no, and if she dropped it, then I would, too. But it's worth mentioning that I do lift and have a 6-7/10 face, so it's not even comparable to that.)

The boss told her he would handle it, and pulled me into his office. He explained the situation, and said it would just be easier for all parties involved if I left. He said he could fire me for some unrelated cause, or I could quit. I told him to fire me. He tried to talk me out of it, but I thought if I pushed him hard enough, he'd fold.

He kept trying to convince me to quit, but I wouldn't budge. Even as I packed up my things and walked out the door, I thought I'd get a call the next day or two, telling me things have cooled down, I never finished processing the paperwork, and to get back to work.

It didn't happen.
>>
>>28624031
>>28624220
>>28624614
Lol what the fuck?? Smhtbh
>>
>>28624614
Damn, you certainly got more out it than I did, and I lived it. Maybe you should make a film about it.
>>
>>28624738
I think he is like a kid that got beat up by his dad for breaking something. He will seek out the same situation again and again in order to heal.
>>
>>28624716
I applied for a Mcdonalds 10 miles from my house. I actually got the job, but it looked so miserable, and too shitty for the drive. They told me to come in the next day for orientation, but I never did. Still unemployed to this day.
>>
File: 1460233008948.gif (1 MB, 269x321) Image search: [Google]
1460233008948.gif
1 MB, 269x321
>work at a call center job
>high turnover rate, just like every call center place
>they literally hire anyone who's ever used a phone before so it's even HIGHER than the usual high turnover rate
>be me
>been there the longest, since they first started
>first training class and everything
>nobody from my class still works there
>they don't have many long-term employees to train the newbies so they avoid giving me any shit
>show up late everyday
>break the rules on calls all the time(except obvious shit like cursing at a customer or something)
>supervisors do the obligatory coachings but I know they'll never do shit
>hear people getting fired for the smallest and dumbest shit while I have a """""clean record"""""
>leave early when I feel like it
>work part-time even without school schedule, something nobody else can do
>the reassuring "NOW HIRING" signs out front and all over town are all the validation I need

who /unfireable/ here?
>>
>Struggled 4 years to actually get a job
>Fired after 3 months
>Get very depressed since I now consider myself never getting a job/able to move out etc
>Get particularly a dream job 3 months later that I'm still at 2 years later
>Boss loves me
>I actually want to be inside her
>>
Does /r9k/ after midnight seem a little more human, a little less meme? This thread actually feels like there are people on the other end.

Better ruin it

>having jobs to GET fired from

NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28624188
>I misread a situation once with one of my coworkers and rattled off a bunch of racist remarks around him, thinking he was an edgelord like myself.
Jesus.
I was laughing about rape with some female coworkers on the weekend.
>>
>>28624828
It wasn't terrible. Before that job, I was making less than minimum wage working as a groundskeeper and doing lots of physical labor I should have been paid a lot more for. It was a cakewalk compared to that. There's enough to do to keep you from getting bored without any work being too difficult. Worst part is how mundane and repetitive it gets over time and how some of the customers are complete assholes.

Now I work as a third shift caregiver at an assisted living home and get paid more for doing virtually nothing but playing video games and doing whatever I'd do at home as a NEET, even jacking off. It's the best job I've ever had. The only downside is how it fucks up my sleep schedules and weekends, but it's literally the perfect job for someone who enjoys the NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>28624871
>Better ruin it
Here let me
YAWN
tick tock
piano
soup kitchen nudity
>>
File: 1459390857347.jpg (52 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459390857347.jpg
52 KB, 960x960
>>28624828
>be 17
>in high school
>senior year
>search for a mcjob so I can take 2 class periods off school and go home early
>first stop was a Jack in the Box
>I walk in and ask for an application
>"one second", says the incredibly obese 40(??)-something female manager
>as she walks to the office, I soak in the atmosphere
>it's incredibly depressing
>not a single smile on anyone's face
>everything looked grey and dull
>also everyone was just as obese as the whale manager getting my application
>whale waddles back and hands me the application
>I say "thanks" with a smile and walk off
>throw it in the trash on my way out

I know that feel.
>>
>>28624755
you sound like a fucking retard lol
>>
>>28624839
I am, senpai. Been washing dishes at a local place for about two years now.

>Continue to ignore owners wishes on proper dish washing.
>Owner had to put lock box over a/c control panel because I'd turn it way down and forget to turn it off.
>Not allowed to train anyone anymore.
>Do only minimal cleaning at end of night.
>Spend most time at work shit posting on phone.
>Busy season soon approaching.
>>
>>28624463
>getting caught
For fucks sake anon. If you're going to cheat at least do it right.
>>
File: 1428551680651.jpg (74 KB, 344x528) Image search: [Google]
1428551680651.jpg
74 KB, 344x528
>>28624031

it's was a subway, you could have gone back a few days later to buy a sandwich and say hi to them

why did you not do that
>>
>>28624414

he's the one who quit and never went back
>>
>>28624755

you don't just instantly try to kiss a girl at work bro, she is in the right

you should have asked her on a date and made your intentions known
>>
>>28623870
>Get job at a gas station because my oldest sister is a higher up in the company
>Pretty nice chain, 24 hours, about 3,000 square feet for each store, great selection of stuff in it
>I was working 2 jobs at the time, was probably depressed from my symptoms
>Do the same thing everyday, go to work, come home, sleep, etc.
>Always bad at going to sleep at a reasonable hour
>One 3 day stretch maybe get 7 hours of sleep total
>At work, drink 3 energy drinks to keep me going. Get sent to the cooler to stock drinks for a bit
>Ended up falling asleep back there, manager takes a picture and sends it to the next person above them
>Get fired even though I never had a problem other than that
Man that job was pretty cozy too, oh well.
>>
>Be me
>Get hired at a startup for good money
>Chad McFaggot is the team leader
>Acts like he has a plan and knows what he's doing
>Be new, think that the plan is the specification
>Spec doesn't make that much sense but think there must be good reasons behind it
>Focus on implementing it
>Meanwhile, this guy gives me shit for using print statements
>Criticizes trivial aspects of my code and generally makes it impossible for me to do my job
>Over time gradually realize the entire spec is flawed and that Chad McFaggot was just making up everything as he went along
>Try to bring up problems with management, no one listens to me
>End up making some mistakes too, but no where near as much as Chad McFaggot
>3 months pass like this and I repeatedly question co-workers competency
>Decide to look into his resume more
>Realize he's basically just a glorified web developer and we're working in fucking cryptography
>Tell managers entire project is doomed, they scrap it but end up putting him as team lead on a new project
>Notice the guy is literally reusing broken code from the old project
>Didn't learn a single lesson at all, ignored everything I said about problems
>Someone end up working with same guy on a new project and getting implicitly blamed for everything because the managers only believe in confidence and I'm not an arrogant dick head
>Decide to quit before I get fired 3 months down the line when college fucks up again

I later crashed their share price when I sold all my company stock.
>Feels good man.
>>
What a bunch of failures you all are. God damn. Smh.
>>
How fucking hard is it to show up on time? I never understood normies who are late to everything. I understand we all make the occasional mistakes but I'm talking about the shit heads who do it on a regular basis
>>
>>28624031
> I thought we were kind of close but neither of us has tried to contact the other , so I guess not.
man this is deep.
You're cute anon
>>
I was fired last week from shitty call center work. My department closed and everyone got moved or fired.

I couldn't work certain hours that other departments need so i got called on some minor shit literally everyone does logging out a few seconds here and there to chat (usually work related) to coworkers.

I was 100% honest in the disciplinary interview and was fired for my who gives a shit attitude.
>>
>>28627800
Agreed. I'm super normie, but I'm never late for anything. Lateness is both arrogant and the sign of a weak mind.
>>
>>28627878
>im a super normie
>i do super normie stuff like not showing up late
k
>>
>>28627878
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why are you here? Why the fuck don't you stay on Facebook? This place is for the rejects of society. The scum fucked, lowest of the low. WHY ARE YOU HERE. Can't you get your attention from any of the millions of other websites catering to your kind (99.999999% of them) rather than the one place for ourselves.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: big_1445108491_image.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big_1445108491_image.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>28627954
TRRIGERED
DEREGIRRT
>>
>>28627721
>tfw everyone at the startup thinks everyone else is a bad programmer
Go work for a decent company and you won't have to work with bad programmers.

That is, if you can meet their qualifications...
>>
>>28628079
Sure anon, I'll just wave my magic job stick and there'll be jobs everywhere and then I'll take one of those jobs and everyone, everywhere will have magic jobbies.
>>
>>28627721

Are you literally this retarded? When you sold all your stock, someone bought it. Unless you owned more than 10% you did nothing. Even if you did it was temporary.

Colleague.
>>
>>28629582
You really have no clue what you're talking about. Go read about how supply and demand influence market price then research investor psychology.

Also, can I honestly ask why the fuck you wrote this post? Like, what was even going through your head when you wrote this? Were you just cruising random threads and quickly fired off your shit post cannon after you saw someone who you thought you could dominate to show what a boss you are? Honestly, it's fucked up. I am seriously concerned for your safety. Please give me your mother's number, I need to have a word with her about her parenting practices.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.