[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell for the Stem Meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: angry feels.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry feels.png
29 KB, 633x758
>listen to this site and do chemical engineering major
>graduate 60,000 in debt
>apply everywhere but no one wants me
>force to take wagekek job cleaning mall toilets
>been doing this since 2013 when i graduated

I want to die, this degree is a joke. I should have done a fun degree and maybe gotten some gov job in policy.

Fuck you STEM faggots for lying
>>
>>28617414
I'm actually a government (not US) policy analyst and I make $75k plus benefits and pension. I have a masters degree in history. That being said I know engineers who are doing well, they interned during school though.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 236x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 236x229
kek

i did a total meme degree (sociology) and got an advertising job in arizona within a month. made nearly 80k the first year and nearly 4 years later im a manager of a small team of 10 people and am making 150k a year plus getting bonuses and overtime.

the best part is the majority of the people i work with and lead are women so i get to tell them what to do and shoot down their dumb ideas. also they are mostly ex stacies right out of college and since im not hideous, make good money, and am in a position of power over them, i can tell that they are attracted to me. this is how i lost my virginity
>>
>>28617614
>>28617823
should i go back to school and pursue these majors

i hate being a failure. I may as well NEET it up but i need to pay my loan back
>>
File: 1442985553738.png (496 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442985553738.png
496 KB, 633x758
>>28617414
>Fall for the software engineer meme
>Apply to 15 places, get 5 offers
>80k starting in an area thats super cheap to life
Literally the only good engineering job. I personally know other engineering degrees like biomedical engineering, that are still unemployed years after graduating.

I feel for you though, sorry man all that hard work and you are working at a mall.... I couldn't imagine.
>>
>>28618377

the degree doesn't matter, you're the problem, sorry to say.

i know, i'm in the same position. i did well in school, but i'm not likable (possibly autistic) and i don't do well outside of academics.
>>
>>28617414
Just move to Houston or anywhere in Texas. Literally bustling with ChemE companies. Literally my house is like minutes away from companies like Amec and BP
>>
>>28617414
I don't think those people understand that if they keep pushing the STEM meme that the market is gonna get saturated.
>>
Man, Im a wagekuk with 1 semester of college under my belt, but I have friends who went STEM and they are eating so good out here.
You must've did really shitty or didn't do internships because nowadays literally a college degree is just so they can look at your fucking resume.
>>
>>28617414
What shit ChemE degree did you get with what shit GPA?

Learn to code, dipshit. SF > Houston anyways
>>
>>28617414
m8, where I live, you can't even get McJobs if you have a degree because you're "overqualified". Even if you explain your situation, they won't hire you.
>>
>major in chemical engineering
>I'm not a dumbass, so lots of monies from school and scholarships (tuition is 45k/yr)
>parents aren't dumbasses, so they had enough money to cover the rest
>stay and get my masters
>graduating and making 75k this year
dunno, OP. Sounds like you're retarded.
just kinda wish I went in to CompSci. My mates are making mad money doing that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.