[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time Travel, not even once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: timetravel.png (658 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.png
658 KB, 1280x800
I've got it, I finally realised today how time travel exists in the future without severely fucking everything/everyone up. In this post i'm going to explain how i think it works and then explain each hiccup that's happened so far in our timeline.

Lets assume time travel exists in the future, as it clearly does. For obvious reasons only researchers, the military, and the elite would even be aware of it's knowledge to begin with.

In order for something like time travel tourism to work there would be strict rules.

>No contraband items (technology/clothing distinct from the time period they are visiting)
>Travel limited to two people per time period (100 years) to discourage discussion in public, the visitor and appointed handler
>Accompanying handler supplied by government/company must always be present with their own rules to follow within earshot of tourist at all times for obvious reasons
>Complete integration required into chosen time period (Test on world politics, popular culture and appropriate identification/certification for time period)

and here's why time travel might not be so popular in the future...

>Violation of rules, punishable by pre-death

Think about it, the second you dissapear into the 1940s you've left yourself in a very vulnerable position. If you expose yourself, whether advertly or inadvertly you would be helpless to save yourself being killed at an earlier age. This would then cause your offspring to simply cease to exist! I think this would be enough to dissuade anyone with children from making such a reckless decision.

it's impossible to allow time travel tourism outside of these conditions due to everyone being extremely cautious of the butterfly effect so it's safe to assume only very elite families with extreme influence and wealth are allowed such a privilege.

So if im true, wouldn't that mean that these guys in the images had been dealt with in their past and shouldn't exist in our timeline?...
>>
As you can see from the image. There's already been a few fuck ups, however because of the plausible deniability of each of these events they still exist in our timeline for us to view and critique.

The person arranging the travel in the future could monitor quite easily within the handler and visitors lifetime, lets say 100 years. All the handler has to do is travel to a specified location, and bury a coded message on a device or slab which is within the confines of top secret grounds in the future. Could be a bit of a journey depending on where you are located but absolutely necessary concerning any one way important communication.

In this time capsule of sorts would be information on when the two have been captured on photograph or film for the organisation to check through for any incriminating evidence. Failure to report would result in pre-death obvs as this time capsule should be available to the organisation the second they send them to their time period.

If the traveler ends up blabbing or doing anything considered out of the ordinary for that time period it would be the handlers responsibility to dispose of them, write so in the time capsule and integrate into that time period leaving behind no trace of their former life. continued...
>>
Time travel is achieved through simulation as part of the artificial worlds / many worlds industry. It's non-fiction educational content.
>>
File: handlers.png (357 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
handlers.png
357 KB, 500x500
Pre-death would be a nuclear option of sorts, as the elite family who sent their member back to live out their days in the past wouldn't really want them to experience not existing. And as they are most likely funding the organisation, would like that to continue.

This is why any minor cases with plausible deniability are ignored

Take a look at each of these photos and recall what I had mentioned earlier

Each of these individuals are just spoilt trust fund kids looking to get away from it all so they decide to live out the rest of their lives where its not crowded and everyone doesn't eat soy, doesnt mean they're not dumb though.

1. Probably couldn't do without their vintage trainers or trainers were not considered contraband for the year 1000. Its most likely they were killed with a message noting where to recover them but they were never recovered for one reason or another
2. Without the internet this would have been overlooked, having only been noticed recently, still no camera has been found which is an exact match to this one around 1995
3. Handlers pictured, notice how the air of indifference to the individual as opposed to all those around him. Also notice the handler to the left of the tourist clearly concerned by the camera and the individual covering their face
>>
>>28612780
>these guys in the images
>As you can see from the image

neither of the things in those images are time travellers.

first is just stripy socks
second casio camera from 1995
third isn't actually wearing anything out of time for the era. Kodak folding camera, varsity jumper, shaded glasses.

but im sure I just fell for a troll.
>>
I gotta say no for this one. If they were from the future, they also need to update their immune systems to match this century too. If someone from today were to visit 1800s London, they wouldn't be alive due to the lack of water treatment in London's water. Interactions with people could spread diseases back to the future time period too.
>>
File: Decal.png (151 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Decal.png
151 KB, 1680x1050
>>28612780
>>28612817
>>28613071
>>28612780

Is this what schizophrenia looks like in the form of shit posts?
>>
>>28613721

No. If he were to have schizophrenia, his sentences would have not even made sense.

t. psychfag
>>
>>28613825
So just general stupidity on par with being a Muslim, Christian, jew, hindu, etc etc?
>>
those look nothing like adidas. they're like and early form of leather of sued "shoes"
>>
>>28613903

I don't know if you're serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaFqw8XnpA
>>
There is absolutely no way that physical laws, quantum or otherwise, allow for time travel to the past. It is a non-existent, fictional creation that is impossible to achieve.

"Time travel" into the future is proven and doable (just reach speeds near the speed of light a few years and you'll age the few years while everything else ages decades) but time travel into the past is fiction.
>>
the Mike Tyson "smartphone" has already been debunked as being a camera from the 90s. Don't be retarded OP.
>>
>>28613825
why shouldnt his sentences make sense only because he is schizophrenic?
>>
>>28614035

Essentially certain people with schizophrenia, those with disorganized schizophrenia are unable to speak coherently because their brains cannot assimilate information into a orderly manner and comes off as illogical and rushed.

I don't know exactly how a person with schizophrenia would order their thoughts through typing but I assume it's the same as speaking as the speaker is aware of what makes sense to him. Most likely if OP was schizophrenic, what he would said diverged into multiple topics and have very little rationality.
>>
>>28614156

>schizophrenia are unable to speak coherently
>what he would said diverged into multiple topics and have very little rationality

lol
>>
>>28614452

I don't understand. I said everything fine.
>>
>>28614031

there is not a matching camera for the one in the video. no portable ones from the 90s look anything like it
>>
File: Confronto-Smartphone[1].png (349 KB, 1030x640) Image search: [Google]
Confronto-Smartphone[1].png
349 KB, 1030x640
>>28614489

Here you go.

Casio QV-100
>>
But you are assuming that time is completely linear concept. I would not necessarily say so.

What I argue is that it would be impossible to change (this) present time by traveling back to the past and doing something, e.g. killing hitler in 1930. In this present we have a history where Hitler was not killed before 1945 and that fact cannot be changed even with time travel. What has happened has happened.

Instead what I presume would happen is that by simply traveling back in the time you would create an alternative timeline. This would be completely separate from the "default", this one. Kind of a branch to another direction. And whatever actions you would perform in this timeline would of course alter the eventual outcome of the future of that timeline. If you, let's say, killed your grandfather, you would not cease to exist, but in this alternate time line "your character" would not be born. The "present" you originally left from would stay the same and continue as it was, well minus you.

This is interesting thing that science fiction sometimes leaves unhandled: What happens to the "present", when the protagonist uses the time machine? When Marty uses the DeLorean to change his lifestyle in the first Back to the Future movie, what happened to his old, slobby family? Because the new family he has are obviously different people. Did the originals die? I would argue that they are still in their, the original, 1985 trying to look for their lost son. But the new family of Marty should have another son called Marty, since the Marty who uses the time machine is not belonging to this timeline but to another one.

Here is a small image I drafted to explain my musings on the subject. I use the Hitler's assasination as an example because it's such a classic, not to express any political views nor to speculate any theories about holocaust.
>>
File: DBZ_Cell_Timeline.gif (68 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
DBZ_Cell_Timeline.gif
68 KB, 750x500
>>28615137

I like DBZ's time traveling rules instead.

Pretty much what you said about creating an alternate timeline, but leaving the original intact.

In Future Trunk's timeline, Goku and the rest die. When he travels to the past and undoes everything, a new timeline is created but the one where he's from is still fucked and everyone is still dead. So it's a "multiverse" kind of thing instead of just one single timeline getting fucked with.
>>
>>28612780
>Think about it, the second you dissapear into the 1940s you've left yourself in a very vulnerable position. If you expose yourself, whether advertly or inadvertly you would be helpless to save yourself being killed at an earlier age. This would then cause your offspring to simply cease to exist! I think this would be enough to dissuade anyone with children from making such a reckless decision.
No you dumb fuck, the fatal flaw is that this becomes a paradox where you're killed at an earlier age for fucking up, but then you don't exist to fuck up for it to be necessary to kill you at an earlier age. So then you're not killed,y you still exist, and you fuck up repeat.
>>
>>28612780
Man it must be soul crushing to think life is as boring as it looks and nothing exciting happens and when you re dead it's just going to keep repeating just with a little better or worse lifestyle
>>
>>28615048
>trying this hard

the blue bubbles don't line up to match each other though. also, sorry but which blurry blob shows the casio label and brand markings, you conveniently forgot to label those
>>
>>28615137
>I would not necessarily say so.

who cares what you think? are you a theoretical physicist? you're just coming up with whatever ideas think sound cool to you. that's not how science works buddy, sorry
>>
>>28615312
That's how the Marvel Universe works as well
>>
>>28614156
But there are schizophrenics who can speak coherently, it's just that their topic is strange
>>
>>28615387
The instant you go back in time you will split the time line. When you kill your grandfather it will happen on the alternative timeline (red). The original one where you were born does not change and your grandfather lives on.

That's the whole point of this theory, it solves the gradfather paradox.
>>
>>28615478
Because this whole conversation is 100 % hypothetical and we are all just throwing ideas around, yes?
>>
>>28615312
Yes. The point of that image was that the original, default, one stays intact and that you can't change. But you are able to start a new bracnh by travelling back in time. So there are many different timelines existing simultaneously.
>>
>>28615464

Were you denied oxygen at birth?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.