[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to uni >fall for the "uni is just like highschool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1460146073930.jpg (41 KB, 476x358) Image search: [Google]
1460146073930.jpg
41 KB, 476x358
>go to uni
>fall for the "uni is just like highschool meme"
>go in with low expectations as a result
>couple of weeks in
>have a nice friend group
>gone to a few parties
>months in
>had a few one night stands
>doing well in classes
>second semester hits
>got a gf
>joined a frat and the fun only amplified

Holy shit how are any of you faggots still robots if you're in uni. It pretty much instantly turns you into a normie.
>>
>"uni is just like highschool meme"

It's true if you commute. Everyone knows dorm life automatically makes you a normie.
>>
>>28607941
>It pretty much instantly turns you into a normie.
I agree. it did the same for me
robots are too scared
>>
>>28607962
>It's true if you commute.
Can confirm this.
>living with parents
>had to drive to college
>had to get a job to buy a car
>have to leave school immediately after class to go to work
>start taking night classes to be able to work more during the daytime
>either getting up at 6:30 am to get ready and go to school or going at night and not getting home until 10pm
>>
>>28607962
Yeah, commuting kills your chances as most people already know each other and make no attempt to interact with others. Leads to all the commuters being too awkward to talk to each other.
>>
File: 1396718048203.jpg (37 KB, 662x684) Image search: [Google]
1396718048203.jpg
37 KB, 662x684
>>28607962
>>28608044
>>28608196
Worst decision of my life

9458gh4
>>
>>28607962
I lived in the dorms for a year and didnt meet anyone or talk to people on my floor. What little social experiences i had that year had nothing to do with dorm life.
>>
Live in the dorms for 4 years didn't make a single friend or get laid once.

If you're a true robot there's no changing it. And believe me I tried.
>>
>>28608269
>talk to people on my floor
So why didn't you talk to anyone?
>>
>>28607941
>go to uni
>crippling anxiety every day
>>
>>28607941
Well fuck, that sounds awesome op, I am happy
for you, and also a little envious.
>>
>>28608293
Its my fault for being such an antisocial little shit. I lived on the engineering floor of my building and I wasnt an engineer, so I didnt see the guys anywhere in my classes. In the first few days I was scared to talk to anyone and hid in my room instead of going out to the commons. Then after a while, everyone already had made friends and I didnt feel like I was welcome, I had missed my chance.
>>
>>28607941

Before uni:
>girlfriend of 2 years breaks up with me because "you'll want to be with other girls in college, and I this won't work out if we never see each other "
>place I'm going is literally half an hour drive from her house (she is a year younger)
>none of my friends are going to college

Uni time:
>go to college (it's a university. this is america)
>just talk to roomate and his friends for roughly the entire semester
>find out they hated me, but pretended to be nice to me
>find another group of "friends"
>half of them don't respect me
>other half is fine to hang out as long as I'm down to smoke weed, drink, and play Mario Smash Bros
>every girl I flirted with in the semester rejected me
>drop all my classes the first semester
>take winter class to catch up and get my first and only grade (an A)
>enter second semester of new classes (only retaking one of the classes so mostly new classes)
>hang out with same group of "friends"
>have one guy I really enjoy hanging out with and the feeling is mutual
>this guy is my one real friend so far
>smoke weed everyday and get addicted to cigarettes
>get ostracized for smoking cigarettes
>pretend to quit to continue hanging out with people
>end semester with 3.0 and about a little less than a semester short of classes
>take a summer class
>drop it due to intense social anxiety developed in my first year of college, but it still counts as an attempt
>start new semester living in a room with 3 other "friends" from last year who asked to room with me
>"It'll be fun"
>immediatey have chronic roomate problems
>move out
>my one real friend doesn't want to be ostracized, so I never talk to him again
>I completely understand though
>apply to move to a random room mid semester
>residential management ignores my request for most of the semester
>have to commute for 3 hours each day
>pass everything else (terribly) but fail major requirement
>end semester having completely lost all hope
cont.
>>
>>28608930
>start new semester in a room with nice people who never give me any trouble and invite me to stuff occassionally
>anxiety gone now
>change majors mid semester (never really declared, so IDGAF)
>lose motivation to do well inclasses since they aren't required for my new major
>get shit grades (GPA 2.5)
>still no friends
>never even touched a girl since highschool girlfriend
>i'm feeling optimistic
>>
>>28608993
what are you whining about? you're a complete normalfag
>>
>>28608930
>>28608993

Basically me. So what did you do, apart from the smoking, to never get respect. I am by no means a push over, but I never get respect too. I wonder if I got a punchable face or something.
>>
>>28608993
Afternote:
I went from being a normie (borderline chad) to being at the bottom of the social hierarchy. In dorm life everyone disliked me, and in classes, no one took interest.
By the end of this last semester (I'm entering my Junior year now) I just sat in my room and played guitar. Sure things
suck, but I'm still in college, so I have a reason to keep going.
No, living in a dorm doesn't automatically give you social superpowers. It can put you in a building with like minded people, but it can also do the opposite, and make it a living hell.
>>
>>28607941
i'm in uni first year of my master's and i'm trying and succeeding at not interacting with other people at all
>>
>with a friend and said i hadnt spoken to a girl at uni yet (2nd year)
>he immediately chats up a girl introduces us etc
>she has a bf but says she has single friends asks what type i like
>jokingly say shes racist and autistically turn it into a rant about how women are racist
>she goes quiet until we reach friends car

Just fucking kill me lads, my one chance and i blew it.

Robots will find a way to fuck up any chances, fuck my fucking life
>>
>>28609044
Prolly, but break it down for me anyway. What makes me a normalfag?

>>28609132
I came from a rural area where most of my friends were rednecks, and I never really played videogames or just sat around and watched TV.
When I got to college, most everyone in the dorm just played LoL and Mario Smash Bros. I tried out clubs, but it was a lot of the same people. And everyone is PC to the point of being too PC to function.
My initial dialect was offensive to them. I said fag and nigger a lot. Not like in any racist or homophobic manner, but stuff like "this is such a nigger rigged computer". But I soon learned people will avoid my if I used those words.
I also quit smoking after about less than a year of it, because I stopped enjoying it. But I was once kicked out of someone's room for having a pack of cigarettes visible. It was unironically a vape-only room.
They just saw me as trashy, and looked down on me, while they were living a more unhealthy life style with a diet of junk food and rum.
The irony baffled me.
>>
>>28609312
Had a similar experience
>in uni with my one actual sperg friend
>he's talking about some cringey weeb vidya, I'm just getting food
>some 8/10 sophomore overhears him and they launch into a lengthy conversation about weeb vidya and theater stuff
>entire time I'm just NOPEing from the seemingly inevitable cringe
And that's when I realized I'm more antisocial than actual spergs
>>
>>28609439
That's the fucking worst. When you realize weebs can get more action than you just for being themselves while you have nothing to talk about.
>>
>>28609562
I could have joined the conversation pretty easily, but I spent the entirety of my freshman year SUPER antisocial due to stress/anxiety. Like, "never had a full conversation with my roommate" antisocial.
>>
>>28609406
yeah, I also came from a rural area so I know what you mean. However, I knew the 'no-no' words beforehand (to which I could see why people would find it justifiable offensive). But the PC culture is very much gone beyond that point of justifiability. It is a joke. And whenever I rip it apart with basic logic, I get ostracized.

Also, people are miles up their own ass and I can't stand the vapid superficialness.
>>
>>28609615
What do you mean you could have join the conversation easily? It sounds like you don't know how to talk to people.
>>
>>28607941
Community college is just like high school. :(
>>
>>28607962
I wish I decided to live on campus. Commuting was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm even worse off than I was when I graduated high school, and now I'm a 4 year drop out and 10k+ in debt.
>>
>>28609711
I just assumed everyone would be cool with it.
I even wanted to hang my confederate flag over my bed, but I decided against it after being called a bigot for the 10th time.
I feel like if there are people like me, they would have to hide their power level from the PC fags.

The irony has layers to it. Everyone thinks they're better than you for appearing not to think that they are better than an entire race of people.
>>
File: 137221767170.png (217 KB, 444x336) Image search: [Google]
137221767170.png
217 KB, 444x336
>he doesn't get annoyed when people initiate social contact with him and painstakingly avoid them as a result

all uni can do is un-fail failed normies
>>
>>28609711
I'm at a uni in Scotland, the PC at my uni went out of hand. The unions have gender neutral toilets and a bunch of people went apeshit because someone put Holocaust denial flyers up. Worst thing I seen was a guy being harassed by a group of SJW girls for having a real fur parka. Someone then put a picture of him on a Uni Facebook page calling him a cunt.
>>
>>28610172
Yeah, it is more like an autocratic witch hunt nowadays. Funny thing is, the anti-fascists became the fascists themselves.

However, my school in The Netherlands is pretty right leaning. People are PC here because it helps their career or image. They don't believe in it, but will put up the song and dance. This makes them even worse than real PC people in my book.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.