[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's ironic how people are the loneliest in big cities.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1391236579185.jpg (133 KB, 700x582) Image search: [Google]
1391236579185.jpg
133 KB, 700x582
It's ironic how people are the loneliest in big cities.
>>
I would go absolutely insane if I lived in a city
Some kind of psychic claustrophobia
I literally do not understand how people in cities manage to not blow their brains out every day
>>
>tfw you just want to settle down in a beautiful countryside area and be completely self-sustaining
>grown your own food
>have some farm animals
>have hot incestuous relationships with your multiple daughters
>>
One of my biggest regrets is moving from a small town to a major metropolitan city. It's extremely isolating. Yesterday was a sunny Saturday afternoon and I walked through 2 large apartment complexes and some business areas while looking at places to rent, and barely saw 3-4 people the entire time. This is hours of walking through residential areas. Everyone just stays shut indoors all the time and nobody talks to eachother or looks at eachother. People come and go so much you can't even count on creating rapport with your mailman or your auto mechanic because they change. There's diversity so even when you do pass by people there's a 80% chance they're speaking another language. 21st century big city life is very lonely.
>>
i fucking love living in the city.
I dont even recognize the people who I live in one buliding in, and they dont recognize me either.
Why would you want to care about your neighbours I just cant get it.
Yeah its lonely as fuck, but Id rather be lonely then have to force myself to pretend I care about some fuckwits who happen to live near me
>>
I don't care about that. I just don't want to need a car to get to the nearest subway instead of walking
>>
File: CuE3yAg.jpg (156 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
CuE3yAg.jpg
156 KB, 640x421
I live in a larger midwestern city, and visited new york twice in the last few years. What got to me the most is that there's this weird hum of noise, constantly in the background. I don't know how no one else noticed it, but it was driving me insane.
>>
Living in a subburb or small town has the disadvantage that it is ruled by mob-rule. The lowest common denominator leads to systematic harrassment of anybody who isn't a normie.
In a small town you can expect:

The most violent and ignorant leading the social hierarchy through gossiping and small town politics
Systematic destruction of everyone that's different and every thought that's different
Scapegoating and suicide of the weak

Your house be set on fire if you are a pedophile
School-shootings where no-body knows the reason why "those crazies snapped"

Basically if you scratch the surface of a small town just a little you can see so much sickness and injustice that the white fences and nice houses can't ever make up for it.
>>
>>28583999
none of this is true I think you watch too many movies
>>
It makes sense, most people who live in big cities live there because of opportunity, not because it's where their community has been for generations.

There may be a lot of people there, but the population I'd disparate and unconnected by common beliefs, ideology, or social mores.
>>
>>28584045
He perfectly described my 6k population town.
>>
>>28582810

Too much of a good thing I suppose. I grew up and still live in Los Angeles. There are a few advantages I suppose. Lots of entertainment and good food to enjoy. Most people don't really care if do things alone, like go to a movie theater. Owning a car isn't 100% necessary.
Overall, I'm pretty content with my situation, except for the crushing loneliness I feel once i a while.
>>
>>28582810
Not really. Theres so many people in cities that you never really deal with the same person multiple times but in small rural areas its usually a tight knit community.
>>
>>28584045
I live in a village. The only thing that doesn't happed is the burned down house. But expect people spitting out infront of a pedophile and constantly reminding him that he should kill himself, while they go to church afterwards.
>>
If you live in a smaller city with a low negro population (usually in the midwest) it is paradise for a robot. Blend in with thousands of people, go wherever you want alone without being judged, you can walk/bicycle everywhere without normies hollering at you in their cars, etc.

The only problem is if you have to get shared housing and end up with Chad roommates. I did this once and they were disturbed that I always stayed in my room and never went clubbing with them. But recently changed apartments to live with some Koreans who are even more secluded than me.
>>
>>28583999
This isn't the case for my small southern town. Bernie supporters and trump supports may argue, but we honestly look past our beliefs and simply get along. For the most part.
>>
>>28582810
Houston is the loneliest place in the world.
Multiculturalism is a failure and drives us apart
>>
What the fuck are you guys talking about about when I'm in the country I can go outside in the middle of the day and literally not have a single soul in sight, there were days when I'd wake up early, and be unsure if everyone else disappeared due to the being absolutely no one else around.

I like it at night though, compared to the city.
Nights are supposed to be quiet and peaceful but you don't really get that here in the city.
>>
>>28582810
You're only lonely because you're a shitty unsociable person

There's always a better chance of finding friends in a city, there's always more opprutinity and events

Small towns are fucking CANCER extremely boring and a terrible place for anyone who doesn't 100% conform
>>
that's fake loneliness, same with depression.
>>
>>28582810
It's kind of nice that your neighbors don't bother you all the time and you can walk down the street without being ambushed by some normie that wants to chat about inane shit. I never understood why I should care about someone just because our houses are close to each other.
>>
>>28584192
Oh and also this is kind of paranoid shit but if there is ever a short food supply in this country (which could eventually happen for several reasons) if you live in a city you are probably fucked. So I would recommend getting rich and buying a small property outside of the city to grow food just in case.
>>
File: 14205015558850.jpg (79 KB, 410x604) Image search: [Google]
14205015558850.jpg
79 KB, 410x604
>>28582810
>tfw live in a commieblock
>>
>>28584334
hey at least there are no niggers ;^)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.