[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a video game to get me addicted. I used to play GW2, GTAO,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
I need a video game to get me addicted. I used to play GW2, GTAO, CSGO, but I'm bored of all that shit.

I need something to waste my time on.
>>
dark souls is pretty addicting senpai
>>
I know this feel too. Will stick around for recommendations.

Anyone else feel like a drug user with vidya in here? You run through this hedonic treadmill of a game, immersing yourself in the world to get these big squirts of dopamine, you space out alone in your room with your headphones on and forget you're a loser, and then slowly the drug stops working and you need to switch to something harder (or start using needles).

What is the vidya equivalent of heroin? I'm talking about a game that will keep me engaged for YEARS in a pleasant haze. I tried WOW long ago, but it wasn't really my cup of tea.
>>
>>28581339
Rocket League is pretty fun. So is Civ 5 but it gets boring after the 3rd playthrough. You're gonna get more hours out of an online game than story mode. Tf2?
>>
Payday 2
Rainbow Six: Siege
RuneScape
>>
>>28581355
I played that for 30 minutes and I was fed up with it. I have no patience..

>>28581484
I haven't tried rainbow six. Is it good?
>>
>>28581679
Headshots are one shot kills, and hacks are rampant on the pc version
>>
>>28581399
>What is the vidya equivalent of heroin?
MMOs like WoW, but preferably something that's not blatantly pay to win. Also, I can definitely relate to what you wrote, I'm an autistic NEET who does nothing but take kratom and play vidya all day.
>>
I was in a vidya slump for about six months, but within the past two weeks I've really been enjoying video games when I do get the chance to play.

I recommend Stellaris senpai. Huge time killer
>>
I waste most of my time on bloodline champions, planetside 2 and blade and soul
>>
>>28581758

I'm playing planetside 2 now, but it's too fast paced and busy, it wears me out pretty quick.
>>
Minesweeper, but becomes a bit repetitive after a couple of thousand games.
>>
File: 200px-Collagebox.png (111 KB, 200x253) Image search: [Google]
200px-Collagebox.png
111 KB, 200x253
EUIV
Stellaris
Civ V
Rust
AOE
Elite Dangerous
Grab an emulator and play some PS2 games or something.
>>
Path of exile is really comfy if u have 2 monitors and watch something or listen to music at the same time
>>
Overwatch comes out in a few more days

It's breddy fun, tho I find it's much better with 5 other people you actually know and like to play with you
>>
>>28581339
Haha
I have been seeing these threads pol up everywhere for the last 6 years
Thing is you are fed up with games all together and changing generes won't help you.
I haven't bothered on finishing along game in 4 years now, I still start new Vegas or some other game from time to time but it's never the same.
You are past that point in your life op you may enjoy a couple videogames a year now, you will start seeking games that can deliver the 60 hour experience in 10
>>
>>28581968
I've been thinking about getting Stellaris but between the current high price and impressions from /v/ suggesting it's very unfinished and bugged, it might be best to put it off for about a year.
>>
EVE Online is more addicting than it has any right to be
>>
>>28581968
>elite dangerous
This. There is a shit ton of lore and backstory in this game and you can get lost in it easily.
>>
>>28581339
DEADBOLT is a nice video game.
>>
grim dawn my friend
>>
File: 01.png (95 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
01.png
95 KB, 300x300
>>28581339
Crusader Kings 2 (plus the Historical Improvement Project)
Europa Universalis 4 (plus MEIOU & Taxes)
>>
>>28582613
If you like Game of Thrones there's a great mod for CK2 for it.

>inb4 pleb faggot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.