[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE NIETZSCHE LMAO xDD Why do pseudo-intellectual normalfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
>DUDE NIETZSCHE LMAO xDD

Why do pseudo-intellectual normalfags obsess over Nietzsche and Nihilism?
>>
Have you read him?
>>
>>28580499
I've read Thus Spake, and I find that the book is annoyingly vague and pretentious while containing precious little meaning. We never learn what the Superman is or does. We never learn what is the thing that died and that Nietzsche calls "god" (my feeling is that he is simply referring to traditional morality and the traditional way of life in the Christian world). We never learn what kind of morality should come next.

I have rarely been so utterly bored reading a book. I think that Nietzsche had nothing to say and, in fact, didn't say it.
>>
>>28580797
I've heard it's not the best place to start.
Maybe try *On the Genealogy of Morals* or *Twilight of the Idols* or *Beyond Good and Evil*
>>
>>28580797
>heh, that famous philosopher?
>yeah i find his work pretentious and boring heh
>no one thinks the way that i do heh
>yawn wish these famous thinkers had been more on my level heh

hello every undergraduate ever
>>
Hysterectomy
>>
I think that he's often an entry point into godless philosophy. Not that he's the first person to come up with it by any stretch of the imagination, but that his acclaim is kinda self perpetuating and the generation of teenagers who were raised in christian households but now don't believe in it will often turn to this first.

As he's entry level people will eventually leave and find some other philosopher to latch onto. The real answer is to just take bits from everyone and make up your own mind on morality and life instead of following the doctrine of an individual, thats basically just religion.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459132996772.jpg (53 KB, 640x607) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459132996772.jpg
53 KB, 640x607
>>28580376
The picture is related

originalito
>>
>>28580376
This sums it up pretty well imo. When someone first starts thinking outside of the box and they just barely peak above normie tier they usually find nihilsm and atheism and nietzche and think they're some kind of genius. Then their egos get attached to it and they become even more insufferable. It's like babies first abstract thought. This is the critical point where people either continue a long the path and start thinking for themselves in a more abstract manor, or they become tangled up and rooted in the psedue intellectual trap that is nihilism, while proclaiming themselves brilliant.
>>
>>28580376

Because it doesn't matter, lol

t. nihilism pro
>>
I knew this big dumb faggot who fucking loved Nietzsche. Discussing anything with him was a god damned chore. He would insert philosophy into everything as much as humanly possible. I made fun of his math illiteracy until he left me alone.
>>
>>28581102
>Nietzche
>philosophy

I wonder which he would have picked.
>>
>>28580989
this guy has a good thought process

Recommend me a book you found, not just revelating, but morale changing?

I've not been reading for a while and just want something that may shift my conscience decisions. I haven't divulged with anything philosophical, so maybe keep that in mind?

"babby's first literary existential crisis"
>>
>>28580989
>thats basically just religion.

Religion is the polar opposite dumb nigger, for people who can't figure out morals, they need to follow a pre-made code.
>>
>>28580376
That mustache is fucking shit
>>
>>28581129
He would have argued for both in the most obnoxious way possible. He would have (literally) yelled and screamed at you until you gave up.
>>
>>28581152
Babby's first? Literal Babby's first?
The Outsider by Albert Camus was really thought provoking to me early on.
Kierkegaard is good as well, for more of a religious aspect, you get two sides of the same coin there.
>>28581171
>for people who can't figure out morals, they need to follow a pre-made code
Explain how this is different to people parroting Nietzsche or the greeks?
>>
>>28580376
Actual real life nihilists have never read nihilist theory, or even know who nietzsche is
>>
>>28581171
>le religion is for sheep meme
Honestly if you want to start with philosophy you're going to have to drop the fedora reddit shit and actually have an open mind.
>>
File: Capture.png (38 KB, 1250x187) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38 KB, 1250x187
>>28581250
>Literal Babby's first?
Yes, and thanks, just went and bought it on Amazon.
>>
>>28581424
Fantastic, enjoy it man.
Meursault is a fascinating character
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.