[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy Silent Hill Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 59
File: Pyramid Head Misty Day.png (739 KB, 871x593) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head Misty Day.png
739 KB, 871x593
Hello, /r9k/!
I am a guy who really likes Silent Hill, especially 2 and 3. I have been working diligently for the last couple months on an archive of all the information I can find on Silent Hill 2, aiming to be more extensive than the wiki. I am nearing completion, with only memos and some items left to create documents on and gather pictures of. I saved the easiest for last, thankfully.

That said, I have a deep love for the lore, the trivia, the enemy designs, environment designs, everything. I like to share that love, and discuss my favorite games, with you guys.

The reason I make this thread on here instead of /v/ is because /v/ is too fast, and usually gets flooded with shitposters or arguing over petty things. Also, /r9k/ is my homeboard so I like it here most.

My next post will include direct download links for all of the first 4 games, the first on PS1 which you can emulate, and the remaining 3 on PC. They include read mes and all the files you need to make the game run in widescreen hd with no cd. I'll post emulator settings for SH1 in the picture as well.

Come hang out and chat about Silent Hill with me!

If anyone is interested but doesn't want to play the game, some anons requested I make a let's play where I explain everything as I go, which I have started. I also rewatch the parts and edit in everything that I refer, whether it's movie references, concept art, or whatever, so you can see what I am talking about. Here is the first part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYb7qOgBVwY
Note: I am not advertising, I make literally nothing off of this series and I never will. I just want to share my passion for the game. If you see ads, it's because Konami detected the cutscenes and placed them there. Please, please use adblock so as to not give anything to Konami.
>>
File: 1458514968324.gif (281 KB, 1469x535) Image search: [Google]
1458514968324.gif
281 KB, 1469x535
Here are all the download links. You don't need megasync for them, just open the link and click on the right, sort of grayed-out option to download through your browser. It won't show up at first in your downloads as it downloads completely in mega, then pops up on your browser when it is complete. If you have any questions or difficulties, email me at [email protected] and I will do what I can to help.

H1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like PowerIso to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
>>
>>28556349
these the full games?
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 2.png (178 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 2.png
178 KB, 450x342
>>28556448
Yes sir, with widescreen fixes/no cd/cutscene fps fixer (the last one only in SH4 because the default PC version limits the cutscenes to 15 fps for some reason).
>>
>>28556496
shit man, nice im gonna save the links and download tomorrow. thanks man i have been wanting to play these.
>>
File: James In The Prison.png (210 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
James In The Prison.png
210 KB, 500x300
>>28556533
No problem at all, I really hope you enjoy! Save my email, too, in case you have any issues technically. Make sure to play SH1 before you play SH3, although you can play SH2 or SH4 at any time, you'll only miss 2 or 3 tiny references.
>>
How come they never tried to recreate SH2 again?
Monsters that are not just spoopy dogs and nurses, but something that is directly related to the hero.
Locations that are meaningful to their past, instead of the usual hospital, sewers and s.o.
A story of a troubled person being attracted to SH to be confronted with their past.

It seems to be what most players liked about SH2 and yet they didn't really try to do it again, did they?
>>
File: Eddie Final Model.png (509 KB, 678x760) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Final Model.png
509 KB, 678x760
>>28556633
They desperately tried many times. Homecoming and Downpour are poor imitations of the themes. Shattered Memories came closest whereby the gameplay genuinely influences your ending in sensible ways.

Homecoming even reuses Pyramid Head and the sexy nurses despite them having no significance to Alex in any way.

So they did try, but the issue was subtlety. Homecoming and Downpour are so hamfisted that it's comical. Homecoming especially is a terrible, terrible game that shits all over Silent Hill lore. Downpour has good ideas and is fun for a playthrough or two, but it's nothing compared to the original 4 games. Both ape Silent Hill 2 poorly, however.
>>
>>28556593
i had SH1 on the PS1 back in the day but never played it, i just watch my brother play it
>>
>>28556739
It's a good game, you should play it. But it is a bit more dated than the others- if you really can't bare it or don't want to emulate, at least read the story well on the wiki before you play SH3.
>>
File: Angela Against Door.png (655 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Angela Against Door.png
655 KB, 1152x864
>>28556753
Oops, meant *bear
also forgot a picture, darn.
>>
I remember asking where should I start in your previous thread. Anons recommended SH2.

So, I'm like three hours into the game, and love it. It kinda took time to get used to older graphics and kinda unusual controls (it would work better if it was a point 'n' click imo, but I realise this was made for PS2), but now I love it. Mostly for the atmosphere and storyline.

Kinda annoying thing is I always get nervous when progressing in a "didn't I leave anything out" way
>>
yeah i dont mind playing older games on emulators i do it all the time, mainly for N64.
>>
>>28556793
I mean, I love the game, but I would love it even more if I spent more time enjoying the story and less wondering where should I go and visiting the same place for 20th time. Even a little help like highlighting points of interest would help me a lot
>>
File: Angela Manual.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Angela Manual.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>28556793
Those old survival horror games can have some odd controls, but I actually love them. I recommend using the strafe buttons frequently, and pressing them together to turn around. Run by most enemies as well.
Without the combat, the enemies wouldn't be present to explain the story in a subtle way, so I think it's pretty necessary.
I know how you feel though. Search everything in a grid pattern, floor by floor room by room.

Glad you enjoy!
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 1.jpg (102 KB, 395x500) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 1.jpg
102 KB, 395x500
>>28556836
Good, good, you should definitely emulate it. It looks great emulated, I was just playing it this morning actually.
>>28556838
That is really kept to a minimum if you search everything in a grid pattern. You will be fine then- just have to keep track and check the map often. There are a couple odd puzzles that are hard to figure out, but otherwise it should be smooth sailing for the most part.
>>
File: Amy's Drawing of Ernest.png (243 KB, 941x491) Image search: [Google]
Amy's Drawing of Ernest.png
243 KB, 941x491
Quick bump to get more friendly anons who like Silent Hill in here, or fresh faces are welcome as well, please download the games and play them, they are fantastic.
Avoid HD collection at all costs.
>>
>>28556753
I'm assuming this guy taking is you? if so you have a comfy voice.
>>
File: James Shadowpuppet.jpg (62 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
James Shadowpuppet.jpg
62 KB, 1280x960
>>28556999
Holy cow nice trips.
And yeah that's me, don't worry the later parts sound way better. I got the mic just for this, so the first episode is kind of ASMR cause I was close to the mic. It gets better each episode.

Thank you very much for the compliment though, I was self conscious my voice would ruin it going in but everyone's been really nice about it.
>>
>>28557024
its also an awesome idea for a youtube playlist series. i subscribed, i hope you do similar stuff later on. i kinda like the AMSR-ish feel to it, what mic are you using?
>>
What the shit? Just a year or two ago 2 and 3 were like under $20, now they're much higher. Is it due to nostalgiafags and horror game collectors?
>>
File: 1453660025672.gif (330 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1453660025672.gif
330 KB, 540x540
I thought I was autistic about monster hunter but you surpass me with Silent Hill. Impressive, OP.
>>
You have a nice comfy voice. Subsribed, looking forward to watching the series.
Do you plan on playing 1, 3 and 4 as well?
>>
File: Angela Doors.png (367 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
Angela Doors.png
367 KB, 498x500
>>28557113
Thank you, was inspired by users on here asking for it so don't give me credit. Thank you for subscribing, I will most likely be playing SH3 later on. Just whatever the number 1 selling cheap mic on amazon is, this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Professional-Broadcasting-Microphone-Adjustable/dp/B00XOXRTX6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
>>28557126
It's actually because the games are pretty rare. They were never printed in any large capacity since they were, when released, not too popular japanese survival horror games.

Also, Silent Hill 2 is pretty rare especially because it was released originally with only the main story, then an Xbox version called Restless Dreams was released with improved lighting and a sub scenario called Born From A Wish which was then ported BACK on to PS2, meaning it's really, really hard to find the definitive PS2 edition. Also, the PC versions were always rare and underprinted. However, they are definitely the best versions and you can acquire them for free up there in the thread if you want to play them!
>>
>>28557143
please, kill you are self, pedophile
>>
>>28557171
Please don't ruin his thread with you're autism.
>>
>>28557126
Silent Hill 2 & 3 are some of the cheaper survival horror games on the PS2.
>>
File: Laura And Eddie.png (236 KB, 618x378) Image search: [Google]
Laura And Eddie.png
236 KB, 618x378
>>28557143
Thank you, it inspires my passion.
>>28557155
Thank you very much, I really do appreciate that. I might play 1, definitely will play 3, and considering 4. I'm not sure whether or not I should play 1 because I don't know as much about it as 2 and 3, but at the same time I think it's required playing for 3, so it's hard to say. Probably will take a week or two to research after finishing SH2, then once I'm prepped I will play 1 is my hope.

Also, after I beat SH2 and Born From A Wish, I will probably upload a speedrun or two just for fun to show how fast the game can be beaten.
>>
>>28557194
Kek, not that I think of you're right. Kuon and Onimusha are pretty spendy these days, and Rule of Rose costs more than most real estate.
>>
>>28557170
That's a decent microphone set up for the price, shame amazon isn't in Australia yet, i hope it comes soon.
>>
>>28557205
Now that Voidburger became a complete SJW whore a couple of years ago, we need a SH person, who is not a piece of shit.
Please don't abandon the channel, faem.
>>
>>28557218
>amazon isn't in Australia yet
that's crazy. the answer is probably obvious but why is that the case?
>>
>>28556328

Only ever played Downpour, heard it was the worst one.

I liked it very much

Been wanting to get into SH, where should I start?
>>
>>28557389
There is not much to get into.
Play SH2 and if you like it, play 1 and 3.
Everything else is shit.
>>
File: Angela Concept Model.jpg (110 KB, 881x627) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Model.jpg
110 KB, 881x627
>>28557218
Hopefully, there's no reason criminals shouldn't be able to record their voices.
>>28557340
Not sure who that is but don't worry I'm not an SJW. Won't abandon the channel, I promise.
>>28557389
Downpour is most definitely not the worst one, Homecoming is. Downpour is a decent game, not a good Silent Hill game but it's fine, good ideas, poor execution for the most part.

Start with either 1 or 2, if you play 1 first, play 3 immediately after, if you start with 2, play 1 then 3 after. 4 can be played at any time but you really ought to just wait til you play the first 3, you'll catch more references that way.
>>28557433
4 is good, Origins is okay, Shattered Memories is excellent if you played SH1, Homecoming is dog shit, Downpour is decent but mediocre, and bad as far as Silent Hill games go.
>>
>>28557389
2 is a nice place to start, then play 1 before playing 3 (since 3 is kind of a direct sequel to the first one). I've never played the 4th one. But you can probably play it without experiencing the other ones.

Silent Hill 4 was the last Team Silent game and all the other games range from mediocre to shit. Shattered Memories is OK, but it doesn't feel like a Silent Hill game. Play Siren if you enjoyed the Silent Hill series.

Every other PS2 survival horror game is shit.
>>
>>28557217
Didn't know Onimusha was considered a survival horror series. It has some morbid imagery (especially the first one), but other than that it feels like a normal Samurai game with tank controls and a fixed camera. Never played the 3rd one. Played a little bit of the spin-off and didn't like it.

Also, the Genma version of the first game is better than the second game.
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 3.png (180 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 3.png
180 KB, 460x600
>>28557589
Not really survival horror, but horror nonetheless.
I agree though.
The real life stream that was superimposed in Onimush 2 (maybe 3? can't remember) blew my mind.
>>
>>28556328
are you the daisy ridley nigger
>>
File: Maria Concept Model.jpg (19 KB, 443x315) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Model.jpg
19 KB, 443x315
>>28557619
>>28557619
Yes, my autism knows no bounds.
>>
>>28557675
hi, I'm drawfag
>>
File: The_PTV_Drugs.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
The_PTV_Drugs.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
>>28557699
Good to see you man! How have you been? Well I hope. Any new drawings that you like?
>>
>>28557721
I'll post some later. I've been on this drawing site called lunchtimers recently

http://www.lunchtimers.com/game/?game=scratchpad&roomid=room3

as for now, I will answer to nature's call and head to the toilet
>>
File: Brookhaven Director.png (292 KB, 496x527) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Director.png
292 KB, 496x527
>>28557755
Cool, cool, and that looks fun. I popped in and drew a dick.
Have a good shit friend, thank you for stopping by.
>>
I'm watching your latest vid right now, SHbro. Keep making them, you have at least one faithful viewer.
>>
>>28557675
What? You're obsessed with Daisy Ridley?
>>
File: Brookhaven 1880.jpg (76 KB, 529x393) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven 1880.jpg
76 KB, 529x393
>>28557985
Well thank you very much, I'm glad. I am editing Episode 8 right now.
>>
File: Eddie Venting 2.png (304 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Venting 2.png
304 KB, 640x384
>>28558028
No, kek, it's a long story. I don't have a waifu or anything. I don't want to shit up this thread with that though, email me if you want and I can tell you what he's talking about.
>>
>>28557985
> also watching
> get to the elevator cut scene
> torn flesh, smashed bones, splatted blood and finally...
> ...
> ...
> MFW I DONT KNOW WHAT FINALLY IMPLIES
Why is that so disturbing?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>28558187
Honestly I don't know either. You read about that murder early on in the Wood Side Apartments, and the killer killed himself afterwards so it may be referring to that.

Also, in case you haven't seen the earlier parts, the murder it's referring to is read about in a memo earlier in the game, committed by a guy named Walter Sullivan. Walter Sullivan is one of the main characters of SH4, and the murder referred inspired a monster called the Twin Victim, pic related.
>>
>>28558229
It just the way he didn't finish the sentence, mang. Sometimes, when I have to fill in my own blanks, it's scarier.

Have you ever seen graphic pictures on the news, but they blur half of it out because it's really gruesome? You see a guy, but then its a giant fucking red blur next to him. What the fuck happened in that pic?

It's like that, it's like Walter did something so disturbing that it was censored out, it didn't even sound like the radio host just stopped talking, it was like someone dialed the volume down deliberately.

Silent Hill being sublietyfags to great effect in that scene.
>>
File: James Trips.gif (1019 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
James Trips.gif
1019 KB, 260x173
>>28558367
Oh definitely, it's awesome. Like I said, I think it's the creepiest cutscene in the game. The whole concept and idea is disturbing enough, then having such an upbeat announcer, the idea that your fun gameshow has a punishment, and so on. It's genius.
But I know what you're talking about. Even I am just taking guesses. All we know for sure is they knew it'd be creepy, so they had him trail off.
Just excellent stuff.
>>
File: Screenshot (1313).png (263 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1313).png
263 KB, 1366x768
>>28557778
Le epic battle at lunchtimers
(drew the robot)
>>
File: James And Angela In Room 109.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
James And Angela In Room 109.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28558465
Kek, very nice robot I like it.
>>
Been watching your videos since the last thread. I laughed hard when you checked your handgun ammo and were surprised by how much there was.
>>
File: Maria Concept Art 3.jpg (208 KB, 504x700) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Art 3.jpg
208 KB, 504x700
>>28558669
Thank you for watching, and I'm glad it made you laugh. I was surprised because usually I pick up only 40 rounds during speedruns because you only need 38-40 to stave Pyramid Head off.
>>
>Watching OP's videos
>not watching Threedogg on twitch do a full story play through on the hardest difficulty of 1-3 RIGHT NOW
>>
File: Angela's Final Model.png (179 KB, 336x708) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Final Model.png
179 KB, 336x708
>>28558737
Pls no bully I've beaten the games on the hardest difficulty.

I'm taking my time to explain the lore, and trying to make it low key and comfy as well as editing in everything as I talk about it so you know exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
>>28558761
He's doing the same thing except he has hundreds of hours (thousands?) of experience turning over every single leaf and checking every nook while explaining what he's doing.
>>
File: Screenshot (1319).png (241 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1319).png
241 KB, 1366x768
>>28558479
no idea what happened here.

>the only silent hill I've played was the silent hill arcade version
>>
>>28558737
does threedog at least keep his fucking mouth shut during the play,
or does he talk nonstop like an idiot while trying to be funny?
>>
>>28558805
Shuts up during cutscenes, explains references, the solutions to puzzles and etc. during normal gameplay.

Doesn't really tell jokes too much.
>>
File: Laura In Lakeview.png (517 KB, 581x717) Image search: [Google]
Laura In Lakeview.png
517 KB, 581x717
>>28558796
Is that robot perhaps inspired by FLCL?
>>28558782
I have quite a lot of experience, too, been speedrunning the game for a while now, have beat it over 20 times, and am checking every nook.
>>28558823
I explain all that too pham, and edit in everything so people can see what I'm talking about as well.
>>
File: roborobo.jpg (160 KB, 1600x1542) Image search: [Google]
roborobo.jpg
160 KB, 1600x1542
>>28558868
nah.
remember picrelated?
it all started from there.
i tend to draw it with evangelion-ish torsos.
imma go watch ur vids f am
>>
File: Mary In Boat.jpg (39 KB, 532x719) Image search: [Google]
Mary In Boat.jpg
39 KB, 532x719
>>28558923
I do remember pic related, I really do love that drawing. I saved it for future reference in case I learn how to draw someday, so I can emulate it.
I hope you enjoy friendo.
>>
File: やろか.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
やろか.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
>>28558952
If you do want to learn drawing, drop me an email. I'll email you my daily use email
>>
File: Maria Taking Medicine.png (1 MB, 1349x851) Image search: [Google]
Maria Taking Medicine.png
1 MB, 1349x851
>>28559025
I'd love that anon. I will probably email you tomorrow, I have been up all night again and am too tired to start anything today, but I will. Thank you man.
>>
>>28556328
OP you're a cool guy
>>
Your voice relaxes me OP. These vids are comfy, feels like I should lie in bed on a rainy day and let senpai explain the spooky game to me.
>>
>>28556328

>dat soothing voice doe
>>
File: Rachel Painting.jpg (20 KB, 203x253) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Painting.jpg
20 KB, 203x253
>>28559074
>>28559083
>>28559091
Jesus christ all your posts came in in under a minute and they're all very nice.
Thank you guys very much, I really honestly appreciate your kind words. Like I said earlier, I was self conscious going in about my voice, I thought it would be too annoying and ruin the game for some people, but it seems people like it so I'm very grateful.
Wish I had a picture of a Silent Hill character blushing but I do not.
>>
>>28559136
that u r gay comment reply on episode one tho
lulz were had
>>
File: James Tentative.png (308 KB, 385x923) Image search: [Google]
James Tentative.png
308 KB, 385x923
>>28559213
Gave me a good chuckle as well.
>>
bump for trump oregano tho?
>>
I'll give this a bump tbo.
>>
File: Mary In Woodside Apartments.png (353 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Mary In Woodside Apartments.png
353 KB, 1280x718
>>28560256
>>28560269
Thanks boys, I thought the thread was going to die.
>>
>>28560300
it's 1:22 am here
gon sleep now
drawfag out
>>
File: Angela Face.png (259 KB, 618x630) Image search: [Google]
Angela Face.png
259 KB, 618x630
>>28560369
I hope you sleep tight friend, have some Restless Dreams
>>
bumping again for opie nice videos
>>
File: James Stomps Lying Figure.jpg (91 KB, 1024x745) Image search: [Google]
James Stomps Lying Figure.jpg
91 KB, 1024x745
>>28560417
Thank you buddy, I do appreciate it.
If there's not interest though, it's okay to let the thread die.
>>
OP, are you a neet?
You can tell about yourself a bit, just as much as you would like.

Also I can tell you have a nice and chilly voice, so much better than obnoxious youtubers.
>>
OP I've never seen this game before, will definitely give this a look
>>
bumpin

I'm the nigga who only played Downpour.

Never had a PS1 as a kid so never had a chance to play the SH games but they always seemed interesting to me (along with RE series).

Something eerie and mysterious about them... something the older kids would play and talk about.

Got a 360 a few years back, someone had Downpour laying around so I thought I'd give it a go and thought it was great.

I'm downloading SL2 right now (taking ages tho). I hate that I have to play it on a PC tho. Is there no way to run them on a 360 or do I have to get the HD version?
>>
File: Laura With Teddy Bears.png (1 MB, 1196x859) Image search: [Google]
Laura With Teddy Bears.png
1 MB, 1196x859
>>28560497
I'd rather keep it a mystery, this is all more about the game than me.
All I'll say is that I am currently a university student, but with the semester ending I could be considered a NEET for the next few months.
Also thanks very much for the compliment, I appreciate that. I hope it doesn't put you guys to sleep though.
>>
What do you use to record these videos? I'm thinking of making some let's plays myself.
>>
File: Blue Creek Interior Render.png (120 KB, 510x378) Image search: [Google]
Blue Creek Interior Render.png
120 KB, 510x378
>>28560520
Definitely do, but I recommend you play them yourself, too! The free download links for PC are all in the second post friend.
>>28560531
Makes sense, and the mystery is definitely intended. I wish I could say you can run it on 360, but you can't, it's PC only.

You can get the HD Collection if you really want, but it makes all the textures too clean, destroys several scenes with fog issues, is the most glitchy version of the game because it was built on beta code, and also replaces several iconic and near essential atmospheric sounds with comical stock sound effects or recylced monster noises.
You can play with a gamepad though, if that's the issue, it has controller support.
>>
if there's anyone in the world who might know this, it's OP:

I saw a vid on youtube years ago of some guy basically ripping the HD remakes to shreds, making fun of them in an entertaining way and explaining everything wrong with them.

only thing I remember specifically is how he said one character's voice was exactly like the mustached police chieftain's from south park.

any idea what i'm talking about?
>>
>he doesn't look like the kind of guy to kill kids

kek'd
>>
File: Brookhaven Hospital.png (1 MB, 1024x632) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Hospital.png
1 MB, 1024x632
>>28560551
https://obsproject.com/
It's what most streamers use apparently, but it's excellent for recording. Not resource intensive at all, and does game sound+mic+video all in one, although I use sony vegas to edit in the other clips, songs, intro, pictures, and so on.
I use the OBS Studio, so the option on the right. It's free.
>>
File: hev.jpg (15 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
hev.jpg
15 KB, 210x240
MYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFUMYWAIFUWYWAIFU
>>
File: Eddie Portrait.png (106 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Portrait.png
106 KB, 240x240
>>28560651
Makes me laugh every time
>now that I think of it, he was kinda crazy
For the record, he does look like the type of guy to kill kids.
>>28560626
I wish I could help but I've only ever seen a couple episodes of South Park so I'm not sure. If I had to guess, you might be talking about Eddie in the HD Collection because his voice redo especially sounds retarded. Sorry man
>>
File: Laura Manual.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Laura Manual.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>28560672
Good taste my man. Silent Hill's best girl.
>>
>>28560657
Are you using the OBS Classic 0.657 or obsstudio?
>>
File: closer.png (788 KB, 1029x782) Image search: [Google]
closer.png
788 KB, 1029x782
>>28560978
OBS studio, haven't tried the other but OBS studio works fantastically. I've never recorded myself playing games before,, but it definitely seems like the easiest and best software there is.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12 KB, 544x189) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12 KB, 544x189
Was just looking at the analytics for my videos and had a chuckle.
>>
File: 1460871513306.jpg (33 KB, 352x279) Image search: [Google]
1460871513306.jpg
33 KB, 352x279
>>28557181
kill yourself please worthless trip scum

Hey OP which SH2 ending is your favourite? I like In Water the most since it feels like a good conclusion.
>>
File: Laura Portrait.jpg (20 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
Laura Portrait.jpg
20 KB, 500x424
>>28562049
I like In Water the most as well. It is the ending of the novelization, and favorite ending of most developers as well as Guy Cihi. I have a soft spot for the Leave ending as well, but I think In Water is more fitting thematically.
>>
>>28562073
Have you watched Guy's "playthrough" ?, It's pretty good and his youtube channel has a fair few funny videos.
>>
Thank you for making this thread, OP. I don't have anything to contribute but I wanted you to know that Silent Hill is extremely comfy and one day I'm going to play them all. So far I've only played a little of 3 and watched let's plays of all of them. I'm looking forward to watching your series.

I just wish they'd get released on Steam, but Konami would never bother to do it.
>>
stay far the fuck from SH Heaven, it's run by an undesirable element
>>
>>28556328
Your playthrough is great but here's what you need:

1. Better mic. Get yourself a $60-100 desk mic. It really is worth it, if you've got the balls to upload a long video of your voice, you're already half way to victory, get the proper gear because you have all the makings of a good youtuber.

2. Better channel/video art.
You could hire a guy on the graphic design board to do it for you, for like $50. They are thirsty for easy work. They'll even outbid each in the thread with previews.
>>
Do you happen to know of any YouTubers with a decent sh2 lp?
>>
>>28562128
That reminds me. Does anyone want to be Steam friends? I'm not trying to derail OP's thread but we could find comfy multiplayer survival horror games to play together.
>>
File: Brookhaven Battery Wall.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Battery Wall.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>28562103
I haven't, but I've watched a lot of interviews with him. Intend to watch the Let's Play though. I'll check out his channel for sure. I love the guy.
For anyone who doesn't know- Guy Cihi is James's voice actor. He got the part because he took his daughter in to audition for Laura, and they liked him. Anyways, in the HD Collection, they did away with the old, fan favorite voices for new "professional" voice acting, much to everyone's dismay. Konami refused to pay royalties to any old voice actors. Guy Cihi got every one of them together (SH2 cast, not SH3 because Douglas's voice actor is dead unfortunately) and got them to sign waivers allowing them to use the original voice acting. Didnt't make a dime, but did it out of love for the fans. Great dude.
>>28562128
No problem at all, I agree they are comfy days. I hope you enjoy! Technically 2 and 3 are on Steam- as the ungodly HD Collection.
>>28562133
A while back on the wiki, one moderator became obsessed with circumcision and would erase any edits, edited all bios/descriptions, and so on about everything in SH4 because he believed the entire game was about Walter's trauma from being circumcised, which is an entirely unfounded idea.
>>
File: Brookhaven Basement Staircase.jpg (66 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
Brookhaven Basement Staircase.jpg
66 KB, 500x614
>>28562153
I got a new mic just for this, it's not that bad I don't think. Also I don't really care about making great channel art. I like my shitty MSpaint intros, and I don't plan to make any money of this or get big or anything like that. I just want to share the game with some people because I love it.
Thank you for the input though, friend.
>>28562200
I personally like the Two Best Friends Playthrough because Pat does a pretty good job explaining the lore and enemies as he goes.
>>
>>28562214
>Technically 2 and 3 are on Steam- as the ungodly HD Collection
Nope, they're not on there. Only Homecoming.

You got me excited for a moment there. Even if they still suck I'd like to play them. I don't trust the downloads posted above, I'm too paranoid about malware. ;_;
>>
File: Lakeview Johnny Under Curtain.png (113 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
Lakeview Johnny Under Curtain.png
113 KB, 422x408
>>28562265
Huh, they must have taken it off because it used to be on there. That's good actually.

The downloads weren't made by me, but it's how I got all my PC copies, including the game you see me playing in my videos. I know it's only taking my word for it, but they're all legit, I've used them all and played all the games from them extensively. These are the files they download, zips/rars of the game ISOs.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28 KB, 649x334) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28 KB, 649x334
>>28562311
>>28562265
Forgot the screenshot. I guarantee they're safe, I've had them for months and had many virus scans with Microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes, no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>28562335
I'll maybe give them a go later. Honestly I'm most tempted to buy a used PS2 and play the console versions. They're super cheap now and I'd love to find out the PC/console version differences for myself even though I'm sure there's a wiki article somewhere detailing them. Either way I definitely plan to play them. Despite having never really played them I've always loved SH. I actually kind of enjoyed the first movie because some of the scenes looked so good, and the actress who played Heather in 2 was really fucking cute. Though generally they sucked.

I posted the Steam comment above. If you'd like to be friends that would be cool. If not I understand!
>>
File: Angela's Hair Pin.png (646 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Hair Pin.png
646 KB, 800x720
>>28562382
The console versions are good. The differences are pretty minute- there is a weird flashlight bug on the PC, and some of the fog effects aren't as complex compared to the PS2's Restless Dreams version, but other than that no real differences except the PC version is widescreen, and with some registry edits can be played in 60 fps.
>>
>>28562434
>some of the fog effects aren't as complex
Why is this a thing? It was the same in GTA3 and other games I'm sure. Surely PCs at the time would've been able to handle it better than the PS2?
>>
File: 1458243068528.png (346 KB, 546x546) Image search: [Google]
1458243068528.png
346 KB, 546x546
>>28562382
Sorry man I was in a rush so I forgot to answer you second question. I would add you on Steam but I never use my account, these days I only really play Silent Hill and DS3 (on PS4) so, I'm sorry. If you do want to keep in touch though, or need any help with anything, email me in the email I gave in the download links post!

Thanks again everyone!
>>28562497
I don't remember which element it is, it's either the processor or the graphics card, but the PS2 had a very strange quirk- it was amazing with rendering multi-layered, ever present and constantly appearing fog. Better than any other system of its time, even later games don't have fog as good as SH2 or SH3. The fog was so intensive for normal processors that they left the most extreme version out of the PC version because only the most powerful PC could have supported it back then. It's an odd quirk.
>>
How scary is this game? Are there any screamers? I don't play any horror but i like singleplayer games with good stories.
>>
It's that one guy that always bothers you about D. So have you started playing D Zero? And you didn't get to tell much about D. So how did you like it?
>>
>>28556328
>especially 2 and 3
1 is literally the most comfy one though
>>
>>28563109
I like 1's OST.

But I don't know if I like it more than 2 & 3's. Akira Yamaoka is a god tier composer though,
>>
File: Angela's Model In SH3.png (459 KB, 768x766) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Model In SH3.png
459 KB, 768x766
>>28563088
There is one "screamer" type moment in the prison, but otherwise it's just disturbing really, and very creepy. Never really "Amnesia" kinds of scary. Very unnerving though. If you like good stories, PLAY SH2.
>>28563097
Always good to see you, sorry you missed me before. I haven't started D Zero, I'm replaying SH1 before I do that. I really, really liked D, you guessed right. I thought the story was really great, far ahead of its time, and the puzzles were so RE and to some extent SH that it hurt. RE clearly borrowed bits from the Fountain puzzle for sure. I dislike that you can't pause at all, but emulating enabled me to play it in two sittings thankfully, after being interrupted. Great game, and I look forward to the next two although I'm not sure where Laura's story can go from here. I got the good ending, where you kill the dad.

Thank you for the great recommendation though. I was stunned I had never heard of it, and it's a shame Kenji Eno is gone.
>>28563109
I disagree, I find SH2 most comfy, but SH1 is amazing anyways. Replaying it right now.

Back from getting food, so I will be around a few more hours to talk friends.
>>
>>28563281
Yeah it's a shame because he would be spoken in the same breath as Kojima, Suda51, and etc. At least he left behind 3 really different and interesting games. Glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to see your thoughts on the next game. Also love the threads, keep it up.
>>
File: Possibly Ernest Baldwin Photo.png (264 KB, 632x521) Image search: [Google]
Possibly Ernest Baldwin Photo.png
264 KB, 632x521
>>28563335
Definitely. I can't imagine the type of stuff he could pull off nowadays. D was seriously ahead of its time. He has a good legacy, you're right.

Thank you very much, nice to see you my friend!
>>
File: 617776-james3.png (178 KB, 637x376) Image search: [Google]
617776-james3.png
178 KB, 637x376
Would James make a good boyfriend (provided you don't get sick?) He seems really nice.
>>
>>28564632
I think so. He's a bit surly sometimes but that's just the bad situation. I think he's actually a really nice guy.

Sorry for no picture, phone posting from my bed. I will actually have to go now, I haven't slept in almost 2 years so I'm going to slumber for a while. Thank you all again for a wonderful thread, and for all being very nice to me! Have a wonderful evening.
>>
fuck i hope you're still there D=
in the last thread i saw you said you were going to watch the movie.
did you do it and if yes, what do you have to say about it?
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.