[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's over for me, /r9k/. My parents worked their ass off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: douggy.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
douggy.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
It's over for me, /r9k/. My parents worked their ass off to help me, but due to my own laziness, I'm going to fail a class that is both a general education requirement and directly related to my own major. They'll likely stop paying for my education, and.. I don't know what's next. I'm too shitty with my hands to learn a trade. I'm literally too uncoordinated to even tie my shoes. Is there any way I'm not going to be homeless when the dust settles?
>>
look into getting an autism spectrum diagnosis tbqh
>>
>>28499287
If you literally can't tie your shoes then I think >>28499307
has a valid point. You might be retarded
>>
>>28499307
I was diagnosed with Asperger's several years ago, though that technically doesn't exist anymore.

As far as I'm aware, disability money doesn't cover food+utilities+rent in most places, and cleaning the toilets someplace for minimum wage would invalidate my disability, because it'd mean I'm technically capable of finding work, albeit not well-paid work. Am I wrong on this?

>>28499367
My IQ is in the 120's, though I forget the exact number. I'm just hilariously uncoordinated.
>>
>>28499287
anon, can you not take the class again?
>>
>>28499418
I think you can work with disability if you're not making more than 800 a month and don't have over 2000 in savings. Also, look into getting section 8 housing, and that should make it a bit easier to get by on disability money.
>>
>>28499493
My parents are only going to tolerate so many fuck-ups. I don't have any real proof that this is the last straw, but I can just tell from their attitudes that shit's about to get real. I mean, the best case scenario would be that they keep me in college, but also cut off my access to as many forms of recreation as they can so that I'll focus on my work.
>>
>>28499603
>and don't have over 2000 in savings
Savings might fuck me over. I mean, I don't have any savings right now, but my long term goal would be to have some.

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely look into Section 8.
>>
>>28499287
Lmao it's just one class, dumbass. Retake it.

I've failed and dropped so much shit and been in academic probation close to getting expelled so many times that failing one class is literally nothing to me.
>>
>>28499770
Are you really talking about university here?
>>
>>28499819
Yes.

oraginal
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.