[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/self-learning general/ NEET and poorfag mandatory viewing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: edX logo.jpg (16 KB, 364x248) Image search: [Google]
edX logo.jpg
16 KB, 364x248
I thought I'd share this with you, /r9k/, after trying it out and enjoying it.

Basically this is a site containing many free courses. You can learn at your own pace and pick subjects that interest you. If you're NEET, this seems like a great way to spend some of your time.

https://www.edx.org

I've also created a discord so anyone working on courses can chat with other anons working on courses so we can keep each other motivated. If you are interested in joining us, here is the link (please no spam or trolling) https://discord.gg/0zlRlveS7Q1PxUTX
>>
What can you learn on edX? There are a lot of subjects available. Pick one you'd like and start from there. You could try learning programming or learning about history or biology or even a foreign language!

Architecture
Art & Culture
Biology & Life Sciences
Business & Management
Chemistry
Communication
Computer Science
Data Analysis & Statistics
Design
Economics & Finance
Education & Teacher Training
Electronics
Energy & Earth Sciences
Engineering
Environmental Studies
Ethics
Food & Nutrition
Health & Safety
History
Humanities
Language
Law
Literature
Math
Medicine
Music
Philanthropy
Philosophy & Ethics
Physics
Science
Social Sciences
>>
Bumping for knowledge. Enjoy the ride!
>>
I don't use EdX, I just read textbooks, but I like the idea of having this general.

Right now, I'm supplementing my mathematics education that I had botched in high school, and also some computer science math stuffs.

Bump for self improvement.
>>
>>28460812
This is very interesting, thank you knowledge anon
>>
>>28460812
been learning basic coding on codecademy. How does this differ, and/or how is it better?
>>
Udacity and Coursera are also similar sites.
>>
>>28462423
They're basically miniature college classes. A lot of them, if you take them at specific times, even have work that you do and is graded. That's the difference. It's not necessarily better, just different.
>>28462441
To add to this, OpenStax has some really good text books on a range of subjects.
>>
>>28462331
> I just read textbooks
>I'm supplementing my mathematics education that I had botched in high school, and also some computer science math stuffs.

samefag here
atm I'm reading high school algebra book
my objective is to learn Calculus.

yeah,textbooks are fine and better for good understanding.
only online courses are nothing and you don't gain knowledge with them.
>>
>>28462423
>>28462441
>>28462456
Thanks for the site suggestions, I'll add them to the OP next time.
>>
File: Image 1.png (149 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Image 1.png
149 KB, 1366x768
this is how i learned
>>
File: Image 1.png (55 KB, 706x631) Image search: [Google]
Image 1.png
55 KB, 706x631
>>28464174
you can do this with whatever
>>
File: Image 1.png (55 KB, 758x628) Image search: [Google]
Image 1.png
55 KB, 758x628
>>28464226
is so easy o learn whaever yo wan now
>>
File: 1459935505617.gif (229 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1459935505617.gif
229 KB, 500x579
Do you have any recomendations?
I'm interested in science, physics, literature and math.

Also why should I even bother with this?
I plan to kill myself fairly soon because life is not worth living.
>>
>>28464315
I'm currently doing the Introduction to Bioethics course and I really enjoy it. It's informative and thought-provoking.

I also have watched lectures from the CS50 Intro to Computer Science and Introduction to Biology, they are both good as well.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't kill yourself... If you try the courses out and gain some pleasure and benefit from them, it will have been worth it to try.
>>
>>28464632
Let me recommend the SICP course series. It's essential for anyone hoping to get serious about computer science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY&list=PLsRnnz_DPFHK28UwXUHs8xtNCwESa4blr&index=1
>>
>>28464975
http://web.mit.edu/alexmv/6.037/sicp.pdf

free
>>
A final bump before I head to bed. Have fun learning anons!
>>
I like the idea, might try it soon
>>
If we're naming similar sites, Khan Academy is another popular one that has tons of shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.